The World News Media

Why doesn't the Society translate and provide the Russian Court Transcripts for us?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

10 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

SS:

I am afraid you are correct about that ... so I have decided to write the Russian Embassy in Washington DC ... and the Governing Body in Warwick, New York, asking BOTH for English Language Transcripts, with a link to this thread for context, and see who, if anybody responds.  I am also going to enclose a check for twenty dollars, each ... and ALSO see who does and does not cash the checks.

It will probably be Monday next when I get to it.

I will post the results, if any, here.

As a precaution, I will also try to find some SPF 5 Million sun tan lotion.

20 minutes ago, Anna said:

Never know with you, are you actually being serious?

I was kidding about the SPF 5 Million sun tan lotion .... only.

It was a joke about the loving, kind retribution I expect to get locally.

As a matter of dealing with the WTB&TS and the GB ...  and secular authorities over many, many years, I suspect the Russian Embassy will not cash the check but will send me an English Transcript of the Supreme Court decisions.

It will probably take about two months.

I suspect the Society will NOT send a transcript in ANY language, but will cash the check.

From the Society, I suspect I  will get a form letter thanking me for my contribution, and not mention me asking for the transcripts,  in about three months, but the check will clear in about three weeks.

All of this is based on historical experiences ...

What will really happen I don't know ... of course.

• Views 21.7k
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see we have a few feminists here.  If you investigate where feminism comes from you will not be so eager to promote this way of thinking!  Any case I am female and I am very happy in the congre

Sorry   I don't care to argue with apostates who use the same type of questioning that Satan used. The "Ministry of Justice is now being influenced by Dvorkin and other anti-cultist apostates and the

Sorry   I don't care to argue with apostates who use the same type of questioning that Satan used. The "Ministry of Justice is now being influenced by Dvorkin and other anti-cultist apostates and the

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Anna said:

They do this full time, so when would you expect them to go to work to earn money for a living?

When did the Apostle Paul find time to be a tent maker, I mean ... him being an Apostle and all, and also a full time minister who was severely nearsighted, yet penned about a third or so of the New Testament ... and had hip problems?

Again the scriptures are used out of its context!   You apply the scriptures to your own way of thinking!   Israel had a literal building where they used to go and worship - it was part of the system - the pathway Jehovah chose for them to worship as a nation.  The  building would be destroyed in future to indicate that acceptance of worship at this place was not longer acceptable to God.  Jesus fulfilled every aspect of the temple so it was redundant. Now we worship in spirit and truth - and we do not regard the kingdom halls as buildings needing veneration.  They are put separate (holy) for worship of Jehovah through his son.  

I have never seen a JW put their face towards the USA and make the 'organization a place of worship.  To speak of accomplishment is not worship.  Most organizations in the world that are so very large are run by peopleCEOs who earn MILLIONS of dollars a year.  The GB are doing it as a 'group' of simple men without worldly degrees and they get their plate of food and a roof over their head for that....  We were cautioned recently that we should not even ask to have a photo taken with one of the governing body. So they do not get worship but do a function - of organizing the preaching world-wide and feeding the flock.  Yes, there are silly people who put them on a pedestal - but those are people who do not have the correct perspective on what the bible teaches..... they still have to grow spiritually. 

I bet you are not preaching every day - Jesus said 3 times to Peter - feed my sheep!  If you are not doing this to the best of your ability you are only benefitting yourself and do not have a basic understanding of your Christian duties.  You are also supposed to meet regularly.  Where do you meet regularly?   I have often thought about the fact that Satan can make it appear to people that they are anointed....... but when you watch these people ...... they are very self-centered..... and usually are a cause for division in the congregation.....In the end Jehovah is the judge.  Satan has always used those whom he can manipulate and usually they feel they are more special than anyone else.  Saul was humble - Jehovah chose him - but his office made him lose his humility. Since the most soft-spoken people can also be haughty - I reserve judgment...... but I believe that these are the ones who can do the most damage to the true Kingdom heirs.  

There are many indications of a 'governing body' when the congregation started in Jerusalem and spread throughout the Hellenistic world - which you deny in your words... because you do not acknowledge the GB.  Paul went to testify in front of James and the brothers in Jerusalem and they made the final decision about the circumcision. This is an indication of humility on Paul's part because he did not make the decision himself but went up to the men who were appointed with the task.  He did however, chastise Peter for his hypocrisy in front of others.

How do you think the world-wide work should be organized at present to get uniformity? The prophecy in Matt 24:14 has to be fulfilled - do you not think so? One needs to have a branch registered in every country - by law.  To say they are secular because they are legally registered is to throw the baby out with the bathwater. This is short-sighted thinking and putting yourself on high.  These worldly rulers can and will (in future) destroy those registered offices very quickly if they want to - proof is in Russia!  Does this mean that the brothers cannot go on without the GB?  No they have been given the nourishment and knowledge by the GB to go on as a group of Jehovah's people - truly identified by their neutrality regarding world events. But I bet they long to hear encouragement from the world-wide brotherhood! 

You are quoting scriptures which indicate that these people in the time of the apostles were anointed and sealed.  That is correct. A seal is a stamp of authenticity......which is obtained after the anointing and Jehovah will not seal anyone if they have not proved absolutely faithful.  Jesus was speaking to those future anointed when he said: The ax is already lying at the root of the trees. Every tree, then, that does not produce fine fruit is to be cut down and thrown into the fire.

The hate speech against the governing body on this forum is showing the fruits clearly.  I do not fall for the deceitful "holiness" or "righteousness" I see here.  

Mr Rook: Your hope can be dashed to get the transcripts. You are setting yourself up for disappointment and then you will have a new rod to beat the GB with.  As I said before - they do not have time for petty requests from every Tom Dick and Harry. They cannot follow through on every deviant request. Their responsibility is the spiritual food.

Any case if you understand the structure of the Russian government you will know that the justice department is subject to the government.  Not like in USA where it is independent..... and supposed to be unbiased.  But what I have seen lately makes me think that the checks and balances are not as strong as they looked before in USA - the supreme court is highly politicized and prone to make 'party' decisions. 

Most Americans do not understand how other countries function.  Russia is a totalitarian (oligarchy) government which controls everything.  To think that a vestige of justice will be found there is ludicrous.  They have killed off all their human rights lawyers and anyone talking against the regime in the past 13 years.  Remember the Russian who was killed with plutonium - in London? Journalist who write about injustices are assassinated.  It is a powerful thugocracy. Putin has filled his own coffers and those of his friends who are all rallying around him.  Those who do not play the game are put in prison on trumped up charges and their wealth divided to friends.

Again: The GB is not there to fulfill every personal request UNrelated to the preaching work with satisfactory  'service'. 

5 hours ago, Anna said:

They do this full time, so when would you expect them to go to work to earn money for a living?

JTR gives you, Anna, biblical answer :)) on non biblical question, hehehe.

No hard feeling dear Anna, but what to do with such logic that are opposite to main purpose and expectations that JHVH have from the first day when he was threw first human from paradise. Do Work my son, do work. In paradise was the way of living not to do nothing hard, but smiling and giving names to animals, and eating and sleeping. Obviously some people today want to create paradise again. "You do work but i will not work - because you working already"     :))))

Sostar :  Do you need passport to go to another country?   Do you need identification from your country to show where you come from?  This is worldly or secular stuff I was referring to. You cannot go out from this world - you need to comply with the law.  You need to register a business. When you have people working for you - you need order and you need finance to support them... to buy food and pay electricity...for them. This is things I am talking about.  I did not mean that we must be worldly in our personality.... so I think you were misunderstanding me.

14 hours ago, Arauna said:

Jesus was speaking to those future anointed when he said: The ax is already lying at the root of the trees. Every tree, then, that does not produce fine fruit is to be cut down and thrown into the fire.

“Fine fruit” refers to teachings from the mouth of anointed ones. Mal 2:7 It doesn’t refer to numbers or physical accomplishments but to pure teachings following the laws of Christ, but you may already know this.  Matt 7:24; John 6:57,63

Examine just two teachings of the GB:

Wt. 1968 May 1 p.272

"Some of the generation that discerned the beginning of the time of the end in 1914 will still be alive on earth to witness the end of this present wicked system of things at the battle of Armageddon.-Rev. 16:14, 16." 

Is this what you believe today?  Or has this piece of “fruit” rotted and fallen off the tree?

Wt. 1966,10/15 pp.629,631  "It did not take the brothers very long to find the chart beginning on page 31, showing that 6,000 years of man's existence end in 1975. Discussion of 1975 overshadowed about everything else. "The new book compels us to realize that Armageddon is, in fact, very close indeed," said a conventioner. Surely it was one of the outstanding blessings to be carried home!" .. Brother Franz. 'Does it mean that Armageddon is going to be finished, with Satan bound, by 1975? It could! It could! 

God does not make false promises; playing with lives through men’s doctrines, and filling their mind with false hopes. Jer 23:26;14:14  The GB use the excuse, ‘Jesus didn’t promise perfect food’.  According to scripture, he gave us a precise illustration to discern a good “tree” from a bad “tree” showing us that yes, he did promise perfect food. 

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly (within the heart) they are ferocious wolves.  By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Thornbushes and thistles are weeds, are they not?  Jesus is saying those who offer “bad fruit” are false prophets - weeds. 

"Let both grow together until the harvest. At harvest time I'll tell the reapers: Gather the weeds first and tie them in bundles to burn them, but collect the wheat in my barn.'   Matt 13:30

Each failed teaching by the Wt’s leaders/GB is bad fruit, which should tell you that they are no longer “part of the vine” of Christ, even if they appear “lamb-like” (Rev 13:11)   Jesus’ teachings of life should fill the heart, causing those anointed that are part of the vine, to also speak words of life.

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.” John 15:4 (Luke 8:15)

“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.  This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” John 15:7

Can you see this?  Can you see that failed teachings are rotten fruit, not to be associated whatsoever with Christ, or excused by either Christ or God?  Phil 2:16; John 5:24 

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruitfruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.”  John 15:16 (James 1:21)

Watchtower’s historic and recent teachings are full of bad fruit!

I have never seen a JW put their face towards the USA and make the 'organization a place of worship.  To speak of accomplishment is not worship

It is the image of the organization as “spirit-directed” that is revered/worshiped; yet, with the work of man’s hands, the image is physically sustained.  It is taught it has been given divine authority – the path to salvation.  It is called “Jehovah’s arrangement”, proposing that the elder body represents and demonstrates the physical part of this image of authority over the anointed and brethren.  Rev 13:14-18; Isa 2:8

It is considered to be “Zion”. 

Wt. 15/7/15  pp. 7-11 – “Regardless of how long we have been in the truth, we must tell others about Jehovah’s organization. The existence of a spiritual paradise in the midst of a wicked, corrupt, and loveless world is a modern-day miracle! The wonders about Jehovah’s organization, or “Zion,” and the truth about the spiritual paradise must be joyfully passed on “to future generations.”

“Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being.”  Heb 8:1,2

Can you point to a scripture that describes Zion as an earthly organization? 

Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10; 1 Cor 3:16,17; 6:19;  Eph 2:20-22; Heb 3:6; Rev 3:12;14:1

You should be able to discern from scriptures that Zion is God’s “Temple”/Holy City/sanctuary, and encompasses the faithful anointed. Rev 14:5

We were cautioned recently that we should not even ask to have a photo taken with one of the governing body. So they do not get worship but do a function - of organizing the preaching world-wide and feeding the flock. 

No photo needed.  Their “fruit” tells all.  

“The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the Governing Body, they are in fact following their leader, Christ.  Wt 9/15/2010”

“Of course, those taking the lead in the earthly part of God’s organization are not perfect—but neither was Moses.”  Watchtower 11/4/15 pp. 3-5

Moses, a prophet of God.  Christ, the Son of God.  And then we have the GB professing not to be inspired, who stumble over their own doctrine, and who cover errors in direction by putting the blame on Jesus.

Rom 14:4; Gal 1:10; Acts 5:29; Luke 16:13; Matt 15:8,9

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.