The World News Media

Why doesn't the Society translate and provide the Russian Court Transcripts for us?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

I think the important points that you made in your post, Audrey what is that each person is an individual and there’s no homogenous this or that hiding under any societal label.

I was reading TTH‘s book last night about Putin and in the Forward it said there was a fellow that said “they call me crazy, but that was back when crazy meant something…… nowadays everybody is crazy“. (Paraphrased.).

I often visualize a flying saucer out off the solar ecliptic, bathing Earth in a “stupid ray”, affecting everyone.

Having this theoretical insight, it was a revelation that I was not immune.

We all take turns being a traumatic irritant or danger to someone else.

Yesterday at Golden Corral a large black man was about six tables away, laughing continually with friends so unbearably loud I could not think, and I was getting angry, but then I realized that was not his problem, it was my problem.

Others were trying to hide their anger also, but then I decided to share his joy of life, and was grinning ear to ear looking directly at him.

Others saw my grin and they started grinning and raising their eyebrows in recognition, and in six seconds it was all funny and enjoyable !

Much better than a knife and fist fight with those dinky Golden Corral serrated steak knives.

• Views 21.8k
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see we have a few feminists here.  If you investigate where feminism comes from you will not be so eager to promote this way of thinking!  Any case I am female and I am very happy in the congre

Sorry   I don't care to argue with apostates who use the same type of questioning that Satan used. The "Ministry of Justice is now being influenced by Dvorkin and other anti-cultist apostates and the

Sorry   I don't care to argue with apostates who use the same type of questioning that Satan used. The "Ministry of Justice is now being influenced by Dvorkin and other anti-cultist apostates and the

Posted Images

Some humor however is not appreciated.

Tuesday is kids night at the Golden Corral, and kids under a certain age are free or reduced price with a paying adult, for dinner.

So I asked the waitress, “… So you serve kids free or at a reduced price on Tuesdays, eh?”

She replied that they did.

I replied “Great!, I’ll take two, with barbecue sauce!”

19 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

wasn't it a non-Witness that hid them most of the time? And wasn't it non-Witnesses that helped them a lot of the time?

I learned that lesson, and I can see that Tharcisse did too. Each person is an individual, and to assume that the label "Jehovah's Witnesses" is merely an exterior one that can be applied by men and relied upon is fallacious. In Tharcisse's book, the non-Witness who helped them gave witness of Jehovah's holy spirit.

No, this is entirely wrong. Tharcisse would be much displeased with you. His writing says exactly the opposite of what you allege. How you can pull a “good people are in all religions” lesson out of his book is beyond me.

The non-Witness you may be thinking of is Tharcisse’’s own wife. She was not a Witness at the time of their trials but later became one. In her part of the saga—the same events are related by different participants—she says: 

“The stifling conditions, lack of sleep, scanty food, and darkness had a numbing effect on our minds. But one thing I knew: I, my husband, and all five of my children were alive because our Jehovah’s Witness friends had repeatedly risked their lives to save us. Their faith was like a rock. They lived for peace. No one could force them to use weapons against their neighbors, even those of a different ethnicity. They would sooner die than harm others. They were Hutu, just like the machete-wielding murderers who spilled rivers of blood. It pained me to think of it, but I knew in my heart that the vast majority of Hutu killers claimed to be Christian. Most of them belonged to my Catholic church.

Did non-JWs help him? Yes. After the genocide, some academic non JWs encouraged and enabled him to publish his experience. And leading up to as well as during the genocide, one was never in danger from one’s own Tutsi tribe, only from the opposing Hutu tribe. And there was a very small Hutu religious component who held themselves back from the mass-murder. But holding oneself back is not the same as putting oneself forward to rescue a family in distress. The book’s foreword, written by a non-Witness professor of philosophy, acknowledges that the Seminega family survived “mainly because of help they received from their fellow Jehovah’s Witnesses who were Hutu.” It wasn’t ‘nice people in all religions putting their neck on the line’ for he and his family.

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

No, this is entirely wrong. Tharcisse would be much displeased with you. His writing says exactly the opposite of what you allege. How you can pull a “good people are in all religions” lesson out of his book is beyond me.

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Did non-JWs help him? Yes. After the genocide, some academic non JWs encouraged and enabled him to publish his experience. And leading up to as well as during the genocide, one was never in danger from one’s own Tutsi tribe, only from the opposing Hutu tribe. And there was a very small Hutu religious component who held themselves back from the mass-murder. But holding oneself back is not the same as putting oneself forward to rescue a family in distress. The book’s foreword, written by a non-Witness professor of philosophy, acknowledges that the Seminega family survived “mainly because of help they received from their fellow Jehovah’s Witnesses who were Hutu.” It wasn’t ‘nice people in all religions putting their neck on the line’ for he and his family.

Both before and after and during the genocide, non-Witnesses helped him.

If you really want to get clarification on how he feels, you can just ask him.🙂

https://www.rwanda-nogreaterlove.com/invite-to-speak

https://www.rwanda-nogreaterlove.com/en/contact

On 10/1/2021 at 8:23 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

Has WTJWorg launched an international campaign against some other type of oppression or crime that concerns people other than JW?

On 10/1/2021 at 8:23 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

Writing letters organized by the WTJWorg Administration is a political decision. With the aim of influencing the political power of the secular state.

Protesting the mistreatment of all religions or people would be more of a political involvement than protesting the mistreatment of your "own people" your "spiritual family". Also, they are only protesting the mistreatment because it's clearly unjustified. They are not trying to change the government. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.