The World News Media

THE WATCHTOWER HISTORY OF GOG OF MAGOG

Witness

1 minute ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Projection you made and verbalized. :)   Clumsy turning and juggling words. It only works for inattentive readers of comments.

Those are your own words. If you believe them to be clumsy, then I suggest you rephrase your thought, and not blame me for your comments.

• Views 11.3k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of acknowledging what Srecko is saying about continuity, you are treating it as if it's a trick question. Like asking if Muhammed Ali ever won a boxing match against Sonny Liston. The answer i

This history is all very interesting. But it's too easy to make statements that aren't exactly accurate, even though you are making them for the good purpose of counteracting someone else's statements

"Therefore Gog still represents, not a visible human ruler or nation, such as Russia, but a spirit ruler. Whom, then, does Gog symbolize?   It is evident now that Gog is a figure prophetic of the rule

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

What does blood fractions have to do with "whole" blood? If one looks hard enough, the evidence is there. You have not given me a prime example of the WTJWorg celebrating Christmas, or have we moved on to another topic?

Be patient, please. I said i will give you evidence. I have to work, be busy, with your many words. :) 

47 minutes ago, Dmitar said:
11 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

When WTJWorg teaches “overlapping generation”, today, it is part of the "present spirituality" of WTJWorg and every JW member. Believing in delusion is also “spirituality,” right? On the other hand, you want to convince us that believing in an absurd thesis is Jesus ’path of salvation. 

This projection gives me the impression you don't believe Jesus is the pathway to salvation. That is something you will have to decide.

Please nice, what is my projection here?

26 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

celebrating Christmas

Bible Students are spiritual brothers of Jehovah's Witnesses, their predecessors in same "Organization". 

quote:

The article “The Origin of Christmas,” in The Golden Age of December 14, 1927, noted that Christmas is a pagan celebration, focuses on pleasures, and involves idol worship. The article made it clear that the celebration was not ordered by Christ and concluded with this pointed statement about Christmas: “The fact that the world, the flesh, and the Devil are in favor of its perpetuation and observance . . . is a final and conclusive argument against its celebration by those who are dedicated wholly to the service of Jehovah.” Not surprisingly, the Bethel family did not celebrate Christmas that December—or ever again! 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200277174/47/0

The Bethel family celebrating their last Christmas in 1926, Richard H. Barber is circled

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

The article “The Origin of Christmas,” in The Golden Age of December 14, 1927, noted that Christmas is a  

But...in 1919, the "Brothers" were refined from false religion and its practices.  David Splane said 1919 was when the  “testing and refinement of God’s people foretold at Mal 3:1-4, was complete, and that Babylon the Great "fell" that year.  

But, not completely, apparently.  How did Jesus let this practice of a "pagan celebration" that "focuses on pleasures", and "idol worship", slip by for 28 more years?

51 minutes ago, Witness said:

But...in 1919, the "Brothers" were refined from false religion and its practices.  David Splane said 1919 was when the  “testing and refinement of God’s people foretold at Mal 3:1-4, was complete, and that Babylon the Great "fell" that year.  

But, not completely, apparently.  How did Jesus let this practice of a "pagan celebration" that "focuses on pleasures", and "idol worship", slip by for 28 more years?

That is an indisputable fact.

It is also undeniable that the claims and theology of former and current JW leaders show that they are part of a general religious confusion. 

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Bible Students are spiritual brothers of Jehovah's Witnesses, their predecessors in same "Organization". 

This would be an incorrect assumption. The Theology of Jehovah Witnesses was refined dramatically. Therefore, It's a false equalization and an assumption that Jehovah Witnesses celebrated Christmas, when they didn't.

Joseph Rutherford formed the Witnesses for Jehovah in 1931 and gave them that uplifting name, Jehovah's Witnesses. However, Rutherford himself spoke out loud in an assembly in 1941 stating he was NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and the assembly cheerfully agreed. That fact is recorded but obscured here by individuals that wish to give bad reports.

Now the celebration is a man's tradition. Christendom linked it to a religious celebration, not Christ. There are also certain historical traditions associated with that celebration that would not be part of Christianity.

The idea that Bible Students are kindred spirit with Jehovah's Witnesses is also false. Some Bible Students hold on to the old Pastor Russell theology, while other Bible Students establish their own theology. They all still believe in independent churches, not in union as scripture describes. It would be odd to frame a church apart while staying united as the body of Christ is meant to be.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.