The World News Media

JUST HOW BIG OF A DEBACLE, WAS THE PROPHESY OF 1975?

Witness

• Views 14.5k
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree. But where did they get the date from? Those who were serving with a date in mind didn't just pull the date out of thin air did they?

My first ever meme to call my own. I figured if I could make one here, I can make one anywhere!

The Governing Body never ever said that 1975 was the end of this world, All that is written in the publications  is that it was 6,000 years since Adam`s creation, and people read that as a sign in the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Emma Rose said:

We'd wait and see.

I would hope that we will have learned our lesson, and remember Jesus's words.. "concerning the day and hour nobody knows..."  So setting any kind of date, by anyone, would hopefully be seen as plainly wrong.

There were probably many prior to 1975 that had a similar attitude, but they were looked down on as lacking faith. And they were told that "now was not the time to be  toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning the day and hour nobody knows..." * It was those who sold their houses to quickly pioneer before the end came who were praised.

The brother in the convention video a few years ago certainly was not only toying with the words of Jesus, but he was actually reminding himself of those words! And he didn't change his schedule and follow those who sold houses and quit their jobs. Watch it starting at the 13:07 mark.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODBiblePrinciples/pub-jwbcov_201705_4_VIDEO

Hindsight is 20/20 of course, as evidenced in the video. 

* paragraph 35 https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1968602 

1 hour ago, Emma Rose said:

You've forgotten the scriptures already...sigh

Tell me where in God's Word, it says setting dates for Armageddon is acceptable.  Tell me where in God's Word, men's doctrine trumps the doctrine of Jesus Christ.  Where do the scriptures say, it's okay to "lead my people astray" with delusions from the minds of men.  Jer 23:32

Tell me where it is acceptable by God and Christ to call a teaching, "truth" when time proves it to be a lie.

"False prophets appeared in the past among the people, and in the same way false teachers will appear among you. They will bring in destructive, untrue doctrines, and will deny the Master who redeemed them, and so they will bring upon themselves sudden destruction. 2 Even so, many will follow their immoral ways; and because of what they do, others will speak evil of the Way of truth. 3 In their greed these false teachers will make a profit out of telling you made-up stories. For a long time now their Judge has been ready, and their Destroyer has been wide awake!" 2 Pet 2:1-3

16 hours ago, derek1956 said:

Oh by the way I`m very happy it didn1t come because I was not in the truth in 1975

So by your reasoning, it's like if Armageddon came on December 1st 1975. Now imagine we can see into the future like Jehovah can:  A Witness would have knocked on your door Saturday morning December 2nd and planted a seed which would have grown and seen you get baptised a few months later. Well oops.....sorry Derek, obviously too late! By that time you will have been pushing up daisies for several months already.

Does that kind of reasoning make sense to you?

59 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

A self professed anointed

"Self-professed", what an ignorant thing to say.  Do God's anointed servants need the approval of men before they profess that they are anointed?   Gal 1:10   I suppose in the organization, that is how it is.  I know of anointed ones who were discouraged by the elder body to partake of the emblems.  I know of one who quit partaking because of elder pressure against them.  (Rev 13:5-7)  I really don't care what anyone wants to believe about myself. It matters most, what Jesus Christ sees as my servitude toward him and God.   I do care that JWs put the Truth of Christ, before the counterfeit "truth" of a wicked slave/Harlot, and the organization it directs.  (Matt 24:48-51; Rev 13:11-17; 16:13-16)

1 hour ago, César Chávez said:

There was no lesson to be learned by those of us that kept a clear understanding

I’m not sure what you mean by clear. As stated, I was baptized in 73 and I thought it very possible, even likely, that the end would come in 75. But as the year dragged on and there was no end I do not recall any sense of letdown (let alone betrayal). “Oh, well, I guess it comes later,” I said. 

It might have been different had I sold a house or made major changes. But then again, life throws stuff at us all the time. You suck it up and carry on. As to the “offending” brother, did he even have a house to sell at any time in his life? People do their best and sometimes are wrong. 

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

image.png

My first ever meme to call my own. I figured if I could make one here, I can make one anywhere!

“Sign here, kid—I’m gonna make you a star!”

8 hours ago, César Chávez said:

It appears you are new to this forum. Witness is a female. A self professed anointed that doesn't believe in self condemnation when speaking ill of others, division, and strife. This person believes individual actions aren't noticed by God.

Really?  I could have sworn Witness was male, you live and learn.  

Witness the anointed are HUMBLE you  are not, The anointed do not get involved with people who slay their master, you however come on this web site a back apostates who slander Jehovah`s name, You also slander that name, you quote scripture no application, YOU ARE NOT ANOINTED GET IN THROUGH YOUR HEAD. The anointed don`t tell social media that they are anointed either.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.