The World News Media

Who will call?

io.porog

16 hours ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

I appreciate your agreement regarding the concept of the Trinity. It is a complex theological concept that has been the subject of much debate throughout history. The idea that Jesus is a divine emissary (messenger) sent by God is a widely accepted belief among many Christian denominations. Regarding John 1:1, it is indeed an important verse that has been interpreted and analyzed in various ways. The Coptic rendition of John 1:1c is one of the many translations that exist. The Coptic language, an ancient Egyptian language, has its own nuances and interpretations that can contribute to a deeper understanding of the verse. Ultimately, discussions about John 1:1, or any other theological topic, can help shed light on different perspectives and interpretations. It is through open dialogue and scholarly study that we can continue to explore and better understand the complexities of these concepts.

That's why I don't find any deception in your presentation regarding the various interpretations of the Trinity and the true statement made by Apostle John, as you clearly illustrate the distinction between them.

Excellent!  Jehovah's Witness are not alone in how John 1:1 should be rendered. Here are some examples along with the Coptic which is the first transliteration of John 1:1.

Strong's Concordance theos: God, a god Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine Transliteration: theos Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os) Short Definition: God, a god Definition: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.

Many Scholars know this, but withhold the fact that theos can be rendered (a god) as it was with Paul and Moses. Other variations of rendering John 1:1 also exist:

• 1808: "and the Word was a god" – Thomas Belsham The New Testament
  • 1822: "and the Word was a god" – The New Testament in Greek and English
  • 1829: "and the Word was a god" – The Gospel History According to the Four Evangelists
  • 1863: "and the Word was a god" – A Literal Translation (Herman Heinfetter)
  • 1879: "and the Word was a god" – Das Evangelium nach Johannes (J. Becker, 1979)
  • 1885: "and the Word was a god" – Concise Commentary on The Holy Bible (R. Young, 1885)
  • 1911: "and the Word was a god" – The Coptic Version of the N.T. (G. W. Horner, 1911)

John 1:1c is rendered in the feminine sense relating to Christ divinity. Words like Deity, Divine, Wisdom, Beginning are all feminine nouns that describe Christ's Divinity as a Divine Creation.

An Eastern/Greek Orthodox Bible commentary notes: "This second theos could also be translated 'divine' as the construction indicates "a qualitative sense for theos". The Word is not God in the sense that he is the same person as the theos mentioned in 1:1a; he is not God the Father."

9ca900_5d255b23e22240609cd0dd88a8d56028~

This earliest Coptic (from an Arabic/Greek word for “Egyptian”) translation was in the Sahidic dialect, approximately 1,700 years ago. The scribes who were translating the Gospel of John from Koine Greek into their own Egyptian language encountered an issue that still faces translators today. It is the question of correctly translating John 1:1.

The Coptic translators rendered John 1:1 in this way (Transliterated):

1. a. Hn te.houeite ne.f.shoop ngi p.shaje

1. b. Auw p.shaje ne.f.shoop n.nahrm p.noute

1. c. Auw ne.u.noute pe p.shaje 1

Literally, the Coptic says:

1. a. In the beginning existed the word

1. b. And the word existed in the presence of the god

1. c. And a god was the word

We can see at the outset that the Coptic translators used the Coptic definite article (p) in referring to the One the Word was with or “in the presence of” (nnahrm): p.noute, “the” god, i.e., God. And we can see that in referring to the Word, the Coptic translators employed the Coptic indefinite article (ou; just “u” following the vowel “e”): ne.u.noute, “a god.”

Coptic translation. “In the beginning existed the Word, and the Word existed in the presence of the God, and a god was the Word.”

Can a date for it's beginning be more clearly ascertained for the Sahidic Coptic translation?

Christianity may have come early to Egypt. The Bible Book Acts of the Apostles lists Egyptian Jews and proselytes as being present at Pentecost, when 3,000 became Christian believers. (Acts 2:5-11

The eloquent Christian speaker Apollos was an Alexandrian and his travels may have taken him back to Egypt. (Acts 18:24-28; Titus 3:13

Coptic translator George Horner notes: “Clement of Alexandria, born about 150 [CE], speaks of the Christians spreading all over the land….The internal character of the Sahidic [version] supplies confirmation of a date earlier than the third century.” Horner favors a date closer to 188 CE as the inception of the Sahidic Coptic version.

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jehovah God, the Father, calls. And so does Jesus. No contradiction. Because, in will and purpose --even though the Father is greater-- Jehovah and Jesus are the same. ("I and the Father are one"). Th

In addition to the comments above, these scriptures clearly show that Jesus will perform the resurrection with full power and authority from his Father. (John 5:25-30) . . .the hour is coming, an

American made film cameras used to go “click”, and Greek and Japanese film cameras used to go “crick”. The Japanese cameras had  "JCII" stickers on the bottom,  which stands for "Japan Camera Ins

Posted Images

Well, during the 1970’s millions of highly intelligent people in their hearts believed Kermit the Frog was a real frog, albeit with a hand stuck up his butt.

The word "amphibian" is a Greek word. It comes from the Greek roots "amphi" (meaning "both" or "on both sides") and "bios" (meaning "life"). When parsed, "amphi" refers to living on both hand and water, while "bios" pertains to life. So, "amphibian" literally means "both lives, meaning frogs can live on both water, and on hand.

Like the Japanese, who have trouble pronouncing the letter “L”, over time the expression arose … “ The frog and the hand are ONE.”.

59 minutes ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

There is another point to consider in relation to the aforementioned topic.

Been there, done that. What I'm basing my argument is the scripture rather than what the commentary of man. Without interjecting man's thoughts, look at the arrangement of scripture to what Jesus identity actually is....

• “I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared.  Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because my name is in him." (Exodus 23:23:20-21)
  • Then Jehovah’s angel went up from Gilgal to Bochim and said: “I brought you up out of Egypt into the land about which I swore to your forefathers. Furthermore, I said, ‘I will never break my covenant with you." (Judges 2:1)
  • But you have not obeyed my voice. Why have you done this?  That is why I also said, ‘I will not drive them away from before you, and they will ensnare you, and their gods will lure you away." (Judges 2:2-3)
  • and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they used to drink from the spiritual rock that followed them, and that rock meant the Christ. (1 Cor 10:4)
  • So now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was. (John 17:5)
  • After this I saw another angel descending from heaven with great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his glory. (Rev 18:1)

I invite you to watch this and that it may reveal many things to you.  https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODBibleTeachings/pub-jwbcov_201505_11_VIDEO

American made film cameras used to go “click”, and Greek and Japanese film cameras used to go “crick”.

The Japanese cameras had  "JCII" stickers on the bottom,  which stands for "Japan Camera Inspection and Testing Institute." It was a small oval sticker that some Japanese camera manufacturers used to put on their cameras to indicate that the product had passed the quality standards set by the JCII. The JCII ensured that the cameras met certain criteria and were approved for sale in Japan.

The new digital smartphone cameras, all made in China, go “Good job … nice composition”, and send your metadata to Peking.

Even Kermit the Frog realizes that not all things are racist in his song which was a mega hit by the way,  “It’s not easy being Green”.

Many women know that to get a handsome Prince, they have to kiss a LOT of frogs.

I assure you most eminently that I have absolutely nothing against green colored amphibians.….. Neither light green ones, or the dark green ones.

I don’t even care that Kermit who is a frog is dating Miss Piggy, who is a pig.

After all …… they are both Muppets!

38 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

American made film cameras used to go “click”, and Greek and Japanese film cameras used to go “crick”.

Really @Pudgy What a Racist trope. Sometimes it is better not to say anything if you have nothing to add to a subject.  Don't go away mad.

Just Go Away!

You folks are just too ignorant to understand the joke …. or even have a conversation with.

All humor has to have a basis in truth, that’s why you didn’t “get” the nested inference.

“The “universal” plea for help, SOS”, which was instituted in 1905, was changed because the Japanese during WWII were luring American soldiers into ambushes with fake radio “SOS” pleas for help, and it was changed in various theaters of war to “Mullins” because the Japanese had trouble pronouncing the letter “L”, and it was obvious when they made a fake call for help to lure Americans into an ambush, they would use the word “Mullins”, which they would typically mispronounce as “MURRINS”, which was usually discerned to be a fake distress call and a lure to ambush.

In other war theaters and battlefields other distress calls such as “Pan Pan Pan”, and “Mayday Mayday Mayday”, or “TTT” was used.

It is useless for a normal rational person to have a text conversation with you, because it is quite obvious you have no reading comprehension skills.

You have no idea what I’m talking about. You’re thinking is completely driven by a single minded agenda and is impervious.

Apparently explaining the basis of humor is useless on a totally humorous person who cannot mentally connect the dots.

18 hours ago, Pudgy said:

It is useless for a normal rational person to have a text conversation with you, because it is quite obvious you have no reading comprehension skills.

You have no idea what I’m talking about. You’re thinking is completely driven by a single minded agenda and is impervious.

Apparently explaining the basis of humor is useless on a totally humorous person who cannot mentally connect the dots.

Now I realize what talking to an A.I. bot reminds me of...talking to a jehovahs witness.

Closer we approach the end of the Last Days, the more relevant these scripture become:

Revelation 22:15

Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and those who are sexually immoral and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices lying.’

Malachi 3:18

And you will again see the distinction between a righteous person and a wicked person, between one serving God and one not serving  him.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.