The World News Media

• Views 1.3k
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://studios.vidangel.com/the-chosen I don't watch television and I'm quite choosy as to films that I will watch, but when it comes to the 'Life of Christ Jesus' I am quite keen to watch films

The Chosen isn't supposed to be correct to scripture. But you know that anyway. I wonder if this is just yet another dig at me.  Such a shame.  It is about the lives of the Jewish people at that

Good thoughts, @4Jah2me. I eventually watched the whole season, enjoying every minute of it.

@Space Merchant I'll admit to knowing nothing at all about Gnostics . I did 'google' it a bit but I find myself in trouble when I believe what I find on google. If what I read is true they seem a rather unpleasant type of people. 

The makers of 'The Chosen' make it clear that it is not 100% scripturally based.  And I don't think it is meant as a Bible study or as a 'true to life' series. I agree that it would be wrong for people to take this series too seriously as 'truth'. 

Your paragraph comments numbered 1 & 2, I think are rather sad. 

But as I've said, for my part I was much happier watching The Chosen, than watching most other films available now. 

On 5/27/2020 at 5:35 PM, Space Merchant said:

Pure Flix? Wasn't that a modern adaptation?

It is on Pureflix and Netflix. It is about a Christian turned atheist college professor who orders his philosophy class to write a paper and title-ing it God is Dead. One college student refuses to do that so is ordered by the professor to prove God is not dead or fail the class.  It's more of a philosophical/theological movie than a bible based movie.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, 4Jah2me said:

I'll admit to knowing nothing at all about Gnostics . I did 'google' it a bit but I find myself in trouble when I believe what I find on google. If what I read is true they seem a rather unpleasant type of people. 

Gnosticism is a religious concept and or idea, which various quote differently from Christianity. It has been around for some time after Christianity as well. It was well established in the Mediterranean until about the 2nd century when the Fathers of the early church viewed this Christological theology a heresy. The reason I've mentioned them is due to the fact in The Chosen, they had Nicodemus quote and or paraphrase apocalyptic text, which is something that MANY Christians take issue with.

The makers of 'The Chosen' make it clear that it is not 100% scripturally based.  And I don't think it is meant as a Bible study or as a 'true to life' series. I agree that it would be wrong for people to take this series too seriously as 'truth'. 

That is why I mentioned the disclaimer prior to pointing out Non-Bible canons, however, to the common viewer, they see these canons as truth, so it is our duty, you, me, even everyone here, to speak the truth of the matter should the situation calls for it.

Your paragraph comments numbered 1 & 2, I think are rather sad. 

Sad for speaking what is indeed true? Should I allow the onlooker to believe that this is what is in the Bible?

But as I've said, for my part I was much happier watching The Chosen, than watching most other films available now. 

That is agreeable. But remember, you should always be ready to explain the truth about the Christ if the situation calls for it. So regarding Nicodemus, you should be ready and willing to speak the truth should someone take up the Gnostic view of his words in the film.

Remember, as Christians, we speak nothing but the truth, and evade misconceptions and falsehood. The truth and the facts in this matter is absolute.

On 5/28/2020 at 7:43 PM, Witness said:

This series is a "Bible-based" drama.  Is this any different than what the WT does to create their Bible based dramas?  I don't think so, except for the quality.  

The problem is misguiding the onlooker. So quality has nothing to do with it. As far as I know, there are others, including WT, that do not go beyond apocalyptic teachings and or texts. So the use of Lillth of mythology and the apocalyptic will never be used by anyone, nor will they adhere to Gnosticism.

On 5/29/2020 at 2:19 PM, Matthew9969 said:

It is on Pureflix and Netflix. It is about a Christian turned atheist college professor who orders his philosophy class to write a paper and title-ing it God is Dead. One college student refuses to do that so is ordered by the professor to prove God is not dead or fail the class.  It's more of a philosophical/theological movie than a bible based movie.

Got it. Things of this nature I take no issue with hence it is a modern setting, but philosophy in some media is concerning so that would require careful review. But to shift things of ancient setting calls forth question and answer. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.