The World News Media

REVELATION'S LOCUSTS - WHO ARE THEY?

Witness

Let’s face it, the creature in the drawing below, portrays ugly evil. And yet the organization relates Revelation’s stinging locusts to the anointed and their preaching work. Rev 9:3 God’s priests are to be messengers of truth from Christ, praising YHWH with the “fruit” of their lips. These teachings impart the light of life to those who accept them. Isa 43:21; Matt 5:14,16; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Heb 13:15; Rev 7:10,12 

Would one who is to carry the “living water” from Christ, torture and afflict unsealed anointed ones – their brothers in Christ? John 4:10,14; 7:38; Rev 7:3; 9:4 Yet, that is what the locust army does! Rev 9:10 Also, God would not issue forth a proclamation bearing truth and light, from a realm of darkness, blindness, confusion and death. However, he would inspire His faithful anointed to trumpet a warning message of truth from heaven, concerning this deadly deception. Ezek 2:1-5; Rev 9:3; Ezek 2:6,7; Rev 8:13;9:13,14; Matt 24:31; Rev 11:1-3  

Rev chapter 9 tells us that the locust army is given authority to afflict, oppress and deceive; having as its King, the Destroyer, which the scriptures clearly tell us is Satan the devil, the father of the lie. Isa 33:1; Rev 9:11; John 8:44.  

The warning message from heaven would reveal the locust army as the man of lawlessness, “sitting”/ruling over the temple of God; a rule that afflicts and tramples the “living stones”/priesthood of God’s Temple; those members whom the organization states are the locusts! Dan 11:36,37; 8:11,24; Mark 13:14; 2 Thess 2:4; Rev 13:5-7

The message has indeed revealed the locust scorpions’ identity as a false, counterfeit priesthood “representing the royal priesthood”, in the organization. Ezek 44:6-9; Matt 24:15;2 Thess 2:3,8; Rev 11:1-3

Please, JWs, don’t be fooled by your leaders’ interpretation of these locusts. The true identity of this great locust army encourages you to engage in the “preaching work”; well supplied with the latest spiritual food from your “faithful and discreet slave”. Matt 24:48-51; Rev 13:1,2,11,15 They view you as assisting the anointed by spreading a “plaguing message”, as it is called. Are you aware of this? Please consider, how would a message that scripture tells us brings the sting of deceit, which leads to sin, coincide with a preaching work that you perceive as the “good news of the kingdom”...and those who actively support it, as living the “best life ever?” Would you call your preaching message a destructive "plague"?  

“And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the arth. 4 They were told (“poured forth-speak” Rev 16:13,14) not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. (Rev 7:3) 5 They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. 6 During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.” Rev 9:3-6

Each descriptive element of the locusts’ appearance helps target their identity.

“The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. 8 Their hair was like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth.”

Their symbolic crown represents a false authority (as “princes”) bestowed on them by the “fallen star” that releases them from the abyss. 2 Pet 3:17; (Phil 2:15) Rev 9:1,2; 8:10,11 Through their obedience to this “fallen star”/false prophet, poisoned teachings flood the heart of those under the New Covenant “woman”. 2 Cor 11:4; Eph 4:14; Gal 4:26; Rev 8:10,11; 12:9,15,16  

9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10 They had tails with stings, like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).

2 Thess 2:9-12 shows us that the army’s deceptive existence is according to the works of Satan. Their hearts repel truth, choosing instead to love the lie. God “sends” or allows this powerful army and its beguiling image, to subdue His anointed priests, ultimately sifting the righteous from the wicked; by their choice to either serve Him exclusively in truth, or love Satan’s deceptive lie. (1 Kings 22:21,22) Luke 22:31; John 3:19,20; 1 Tim 4:1; Rom 1:25; Rev 13:4

Pearl Doxsey:

“Are not locust's mouths known for devouring and swallowing (Nahum 3:15; Joel 1:4; Exod 10:12-14) .... not giving forth?

No, a "plague/curse" of locusts are for destroying... not proclaiming life-saving truths (John 10:10). The locust-scorpions of Rev.9 are instead said to "sting".
The Bible clearly tells us the purpose of that power (1 Cor 15:15,16) (Ezek 2:6; Luke 10:19) (Rev 9:10). Those with stingers inject sin into their victims... sin that brings forth paralysis and death (Rom 5:12; 8:2; 1 Cor 15:56).  

The identity of the "man of sin" who gains power over the unsealed anointed, is also described in  2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 13:7; 9:10.
In stating that the TAILS have death's stingers (Rev 9:10);
these locusts deliver lies, sourced in the abyss from whence they came.
The Locust-Scorpions are in subjection to, and under the direction of, that last False Prophet/Wormwood/Fallen Star. In servitude to that last Harlot, these Locust-Scorpions prophesy lies themselves (Isa 9:15,16; Rev 16:1).

When these Locust-Scorpions falsely prophesy the Harlot's wormwood lies, what is the result to those who accept/receive/ingest those false doctrines?
Although the Harlot's lies may taste as sweet as truth (Ps 119:103,98; Eze 3:3), the result is death (Rev 10:10; Prov 5:3-5; 7:27; 2:16-19; Isa 28:14,15; Rev 8:11; Deut 32:32; Rev 17:2). Those Chosen who remain under that power, remain in death. They are in subjection to Satan, through his agents, and they remain under the power of the Abyss and it's destruction... unsealed as slaves of God. They are obedient to doctrines of demons, rather than obedient to the teachings of God and Christ."

(Deut 11:18; Rev 16:16); (Rev 14:1)

From “Locust-Scorpions/Abaddon/fallen star/Wormwood”  4womaninthewilderness, Pearl Doxsey

Joel Chapter 2:

Blow the trumpet in Zion,
and sound the alarm on my holy mountain!
Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble,
for the day of YHWH is coming
—it is indeed near.

2 A day of darkness and gloom,
a day of cloud and thick darkness,
like the dawn spreads on the mountains,
a great and strong army!
There has been nothing like it from old,
and after it nothing will be again for generations to come.

3 Before them a fire devours,
and behind them a flame burns.
Like the garden of Eden is the land before them,
and after them it is like a desolate desert,
and nothing can escape them.
4 Like the appearance of horses is their appearance,
and like horsemen they run;
5 like the sound of chariots on the tops of the mountains, they leap about;
like the sound of a flame of fire
devouring stubble;
like a strong army arranged
in rows for battle.

6 From before them nations writhe,
all faces turn pale.
7 They run like mighty warriors,
they scale the wall like men of war;
each goes on its own way,
and they do not swerve from their paths.
8 They do not jostle one another;
each goes on its own trail;
and through the falling weapons,
they are not halted.
9 In the city they rush forth;
on the walls they run.
Into the houses they climb up;
through the windows
they enter like a thief.

10 Before them the earth quakes;
the heavens tremble;
the sun and the moon grow dark,
and the stars have withheld their splendor
11 And YHWH utters His voice before His army,
because His encampment is very large;
strong is the one who carries out His decree,
for great is the day of YHWH
and exceedingly fearful.
Who can endure it?

12 “And even now,” declares YHWH,
return to me with all your heart,
with fasting, and weeping, and wailing
.”
13 Rend your hearts and not your garments,
and return to YHWH your God,

because He is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and great in loyal love,
and relenting from harm.
14 Who knows whether He will turn and relent,
and leave a blessing behind Him,
an offering and a libation,
for YHWH your God?

15 Blow the trumpet in Zion,
sanctify a fast, call an assembly;
16 gather the people, consecrate the assembly;
assemble the elders, gather the children,
even those who are breast-feeding;
let the bridegroom come out from his private room,
and the bride from her canopy.
17 Between the colonnade and the altar,
let the priests, the ministers of YHWH, weep.
And let them say, “Take pity, YHWH, on your people.
Do not make your inheritance a reproach,
a byword among the nations.
Why should they say among the nations,
‘Where is their God?’”

18 Then YHWH became jealous for His land
and took pity on His people.
19 And YHWH answered and said to His people,
“Look at me, I am sending to you
grain, new wine, and olive oil,
and you will be satisfied by it.
I will not give you over any more
as a disgrace among the nations.

20 The northerner army
I will remove from you;
I will drive them to a desert
and desolate land,
its front to the eastern sea,
and its rear into the western sea;
its stench and odor will rise up
because He has done great things.
21 Do not fear, O land,
rejoice and be glad,
because YHWH has done great things.
22 Do not fear, wild animals of the field,
because the pastures of the desert have put forth new green shoots,
because the tree has produced its fruit,
the fig tree and the vine
have yielded their produce.

23 Be glad, O children of Zion,
be glad and rejoice in YHWH your God,
because he has given for you
the autumn rains for your righteousness,
and he has poured down for you rainwater,
the autumn and spring rains, as before.
24 The threshing floors will be full with grain,
and the vats will overflow
with new wine and olive oil.

25 I will repay you the years
that the locust has eaten,
the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter,
my mighty troops that I sent against you.
26 And you will eat abundantly and be satisfied,
and praise the name of YHWH your God,
who has dealt with you wondrously.
My people will forever not be ashamed.
27 And you will know that I am in the midst of Israel,
and I am YHWH,
your God, and there is no other.
My people will never be ashamed again.

28 And it will happen afterward thus:
I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters will prophesy,
and your elders will dream dreams;
your young men shall see visions.
29 And also on the male slaves and on the female slaves,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

30 And I will set wonders in the heavens, and on earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. 31 The sun will be changed to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of YHWH. 32 And it will happen—everyone who calls on the name of YHWH will be rescued, because on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, as YHWH said, and among the survivors whom YHWH is calling. 

“Mark of Slavery”

“666”

“What is Sheol/Hades?”

“Leviathan and the Abyss”

4womaninthewilderness blogspot

Locusts.jpg

• Views 1.9k
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let’s face it, the creature in the drawing below, portrays ugly evil. And yet the organization relates Revelation’s stinging locusts to the anointed and their preaching work. Rev 9:3 God’s priests are

Someone commented on this when posted elsewhere: Yes...the faces of the locusts reveal much. Look closely at their faces and expression.  Do these creatures look like humble representatives,

Posted Images

Someone commented on this when posted elsewhere:

Yes...the faces of the locusts reveal much.

Look closely at their faces and expression.  Do these creatures look like humble representatives, Ambassadors, of the mild tempered, lowly in heart, Lamb of God?  Do they look like they represent a noble king....or a Demonic Ruler?

They do not look loving or approachable.

locusts WT.jpg

Again a deceitful mispresentation. 

Locusts are "clean" for eating according to Mosaic law .  They were  the food of  John the Baptist.  And these locusts have "golden crowns"..... "7And in appearance the locusts resembled horses prepared for battle; on their heads were what seemed to be crowns of gold, and their faces were like human faces."

Locusts can be a sign of Jehovah's judgement. A swarm of locusts progresses like a well-organized, disciplined fighting force and nothing can stop them. 

"and their torment was like torment by a scorpion when it strikes a person." It did not look like a scorpion but stung like a scorpion.

Jesus wears a golden crown, these scorpions have golden crowns in his image.  The human quality of the face is not disribed as angry but a job of love is done. Unfortunately the truth is more like stings of torture of a scorpion  to fleshly people "those who do not have the seal of god" as the scripture quoted indicates.

Please be reminded that those heavenly creatures in the presence of God also have " human faces".

There is no indication in the scripture in Revelation indicate that these spread falsehoods. One has to twist the scriptures to come to your conclusion. .....

a

5 hours ago, Arauna said:

Again a deceitful mispresentation. 

Locusts are "clean" for eating according to Mosaic law .  They were  the food of  John the Baptist.  And these locusts have "golden crowns"..... "7And in appearance the locusts resembled horses prepared for battle; on their heads were what seemed to be crowns of gold, and their faces were like human faces."

Locusts can be a sign of Jehovah's judgement. A swarm of locusts progresses like a well-organized, disciplined fighting force and nothing can stop them. 

"and their torment was like torment by a scorpion when it strikes a person." It did not look like a scorpion but stung like a scorpion.

Jesus wears a golden crown, these scorpions have golden crowns in his image.

Jesus specifically wears a golden crown – actually many. 

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.  Rev 19:11,12

The locust-scorpions wear “something like crowns” – not the authentic thing. Do you remember your comment on my post concerning Isa 32:1, "Are the elders princes?"  You said, "While I agree with you on this, I feel it is unimportant."   Princes wear crowns, and in this case, the elder body havet taken these crowns from the authentic priesthood.  They wear pseudo-crowns, "something like" the real thing.

The sealed anointed do not wear “something like” a crown, but most definitely, a crown:

“And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.”  1 Pet 5:4.  (Rev 2:10; 3:11; 4:4…)

The human quality of the face is not disribed as angry but a job of love is done. Unfortunately the truth is more like stings of torture of a scorpion  to fleshly people "those who do not have the seal of god" as the scripture quoted indicates.

Please be reminded that those heavenly creatures in the presence of God also have " human faces".

The truth is to bring refreshment and healing, (Matt 11:28); not the sting and oppression that the locust army directs to the unsealed anointed ones:

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.”  2 Cor 20:20,21

“Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.”  Rev 7:3

“Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben 12,000, from the tribe of Gad 12,000,”  Rev 7:4,5

There is no indication in the scripture in Revelation indicate that these spread falsehoods. One has to twist the scriptures to come to your conclusion. .....

Yes, they do have "human faces", but there is nothing...nothing... that portrays peace, love, mildness in the faces of the locust.  If you can't see that in even the WT pictorial description, then are you blind?

The King over this army is Satan, the Destroyer. Rev 9:11 Satan has always, delivered falsehoods.

Watchtower, 98 5/1 p. 9-10:

Listen! Joel hears a distant roar. The sky darkens, and that eerie sound increases as the darkness extends overhead. Then a smokelike cloud descends. It is an army of millions of insects. And what devastation they cause! Now consider Joel 1:4. The insect invaders are not limited to the winged migratory locusts. Oh, no! Coming, too, are hungry hordes of creeping, wingless locusts. Brought on the wind, the locusts arrive suddenly, and their sound is like that of chariots. (Joel 2:5) Because of their voracious appetite, millions of them can quickly turn a virtual paradise into a wilderness.

Also on the move are caterpillars—the larval stage of moths and butterflies. Vast armies of hungry caterpillars can shear away the leaves of vegetation piece by piece, leaf by leaf, until plants are nearly denuded of their greenery. And much of what they leave, the locusts eat. And what the locusts leave, fast-moving cockroaches are sure to finish off. But notice this: At Joel chapter 2, verse 11, God identifies the locust army as “his military force.” Yes, he was the Source of the locust plague that would devastate the land and cause severe famine. When? Just before “the day of Jehovah.”

How does Joel describe the locusts and the effect of their plague? (b) Today, whom do the locusts represent?

Look at that great locust army! “There is a nation that has come up into my land, mighty and without number. Its teeth are the teeth of a lion, and it has the jawbones of a lion. It has set my vine as an object of astonishment, and my fig tree as a stump. It has positively stripped it bare and thrown it away. The twigs of it have become white. Wail, as a virgin girded with sackcloth does over the owner of her youth.”—Joel 1:6-8.

Is this just a prophecy about “a nation” of locusts, a locust swarm, invading Judah? No, there is more to it than that. At both Joel 1:6 and Revelation 9:7, God’s people are represented by locusts. The modern-day locust army is none other than the military force of Jehovah’s anointed locusts, now joined by some 5,600,000 of Jesus’ “other sheep.” (John 10:16) Are you not glad to be part of this great throng of Jehovah’s worshipers?

“At both Joel 1:6 and Revelation 9:7, God’s people are represented by locusts”

If this is true, if the locust are the anointed, then why does God say the following about the army that he “sends” upon…..His own people?  (2 Thess 2:9-12)

Go back to Joel 2 (see that the WT quoted Joel 2:5 above) 

“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—
    the great locust and the young locust,
    the other locusts and the locust swarm—
my great army that I sent among you.   That God sent among His own people because of their sins.
26 You will have plenty to eat, until you are full,
    and you will praise the name of the Lord your God,
    who has worked wonders for you;
never again will my people be shamed.
27 Then you will know that I am in Israel,
    that I am the Lord your God,
    and that there is no other;
never again will my people be shamed.  Joel 2:25-27

Hidden in plain sight, is the locust-scorpion swarm.  They are the "Gentile" elders who wear “something like” crowns of gold, and who have replaced God’s priesthood/Temple.  Rev 11:1-3; 2 Thess 2:3,4

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.