The World News Media

Did Jesus really say He was God?

Jesus.defender

That’s exactly how Jesus’ original audience seemed to take it when He said, “I and the Father are one.” In fact, the Jews were ready to kill Him right there! Why? “Because you,” they said, “a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33).

On another occasion, He used the personal name of Israel’s God–the name revealed to Moses (Exodus 3:14)–to refer to Himself. And He even used the Torah for context, so no one would misunderstand Him: “Before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58). This would be about wild as telling a Muslim, “I am your God, Allah.” Don’t try that in Saudi Arabia! It’s no wonder the Jews tried to stone Him to death. That was the exact penalty for blasphemy under the Jewish legal system. It was pretty clear to everyone there  that He was saying, “I am Israel’s God.”

Why Jesus is God? The Apostle Thomas called Jesus God.John 20:27-29: 2. The Apostle Peter called Jesus God.2 Peter 1:1: 3.The Apostle John called Jesus God.John 1:1-3, 4.God the Father called Jesus God.Hebrews 1:8: 5. God the Father called Jesus God. 6.Isaiah the Prophet said the Messiah would be God.Isaiah 9:67. The Jews who crucified Jesus understood Him to be saying that He was equal with God.John 5:18: 8.Jesus called Himself "I AM", the Old Testament name for God (Exodus 3:14).John 8:58-59. 9.Jesus calls Himself "the Alpha and Omega," the title of Almighty God.Revelation 22:12-13. 10. Like God (Gen. 1:1) Jesus created.Colossians 1:16-1711. Like God, Jesus forgives sin.Mark 2:5-7, 10-11:12. Like God, Jesus gives eternal life.John 10:27-28: 13. Like God, Jesus received, receives and will receive worship.Matthew 14:32-33. 14. Jesus said that only God was good; and Jesus was good. John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."Jesus was as good as they come. He was "sinless," "holy," "righteous," "innocent," "undefiled," and "separate from sinners." (Hebrews 7:26) That's pretty good! 15. Like God, Jesus can be present in more than one place at the same time.Matthew 18:20: 16. One of Jesus' titles is "God with us."Matthew 1:23. 17. Jesus' blood is called God's blood.Acts 20:28: 18. Jesus has the same nature as God.Hebrews 1:3a: 19. Jesus spoke as God.Jesus did not speak as one of God's prophets: "thus says the Lord," but as God: "I say to you."Matthew 5:27-29. 20. Like God (Psalm 136:3), Jesus is called the Lord of Lords and King of kings.Revelation 17:14. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. ( WHEN WAS GOD PIERCED? ). And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel (means God Among Us). 

John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." Crossreference with Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

John 10:33 "The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

Collossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: "

Matthew 4:10 "Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." Crossreference with Matthew 2:2, Matthew 2:11, Matthew 28:9.

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." Crossreference with Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he." and Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

• Views 2.1k
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Jesus.defender said:

That’s exactly how Jesus’ original audience seemed to take it when He said, “I and the Father are one.” In fact, the Jews were ready to kill Him right there! Why? “Because you,” they said, “a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33).

On another occasion, He used the personal name of Israel’s God–the name revealed to Moses (Exodus 3:14)–to refer to Himself. And He even used the Torah for context, so no one would misunderstand Him: “Before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58). This would be about wild as telling a Muslim, “I am your God, Allah.” Don’t try that in Saudi Arabia! It’s no wonder the Jews tried to stone Him to death. That was the exact penalty for blasphemy under the Jewish legal system. It was pretty clear to everyone there  that He was saying, “I am Israel’s God.”

Why Jesus is God? The Apostle Thomas called Jesus God.John 20:27-29: 2. The Apostle Peter called Jesus God.2 Peter 1:1: 3.The Apostle John called Jesus God.John 1:1-3, 4.God the Father called Jesus God.Hebrews 1:8: 5. God the Father called Jesus God. 6.Isaiah the Prophet said the Messiah would be God.Isaiah 9:67. The Jews who crucified Jesus understood Him to be saying that He was equal with God.John 5:18: 8.Jesus called Himself "I AM", the Old Testament name for God (Exodus 3:14).John 8:58-59. 9.Jesus calls Himself "the Alpha and Omega," the title of Almighty God.Revelation 22:12-13. 10. Like God (Gen. 1:1) Jesus created.Colossians 1:16-1711. Like God, Jesus forgives sin.Mark 2:5-7, 10-11:12. Like God, Jesus gives eternal life.John 10:27-28: 13. Like God, Jesus received, receives and will receive worship.Matthew 14:32-33. 14. Jesus said that only God was good; and Jesus was good. John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."Jesus was as good as they come. He was "sinless," "holy," "righteous," "innocent," "undefiled," and "separate from sinners." (Hebrews 7:26) That's pretty good! 15. Like God, Jesus can be present in more than one place at the same time.Matthew 18:20: 16. One of Jesus' titles is "God with us."Matthew 1:23. 17. Jesus' blood is called God's blood.Acts 20:28: 18. Jesus has the same nature as God.Hebrews 1:3a: 19. Jesus spoke as God.Jesus did not speak as one of God's prophets: "thus says the Lord," but as God: "I say to you."Matthew 5:27-29. 20. Like God (Psalm 136:3), Jesus is called the Lord of Lords and King of kings.Revelation 17:14. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. ( WHEN WAS GOD PIERCED? ). And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel (means God Among Us). 

John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." Crossreference with Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

John 10:33 "The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

Collossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: "

Matthew 4:10 "Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." Crossreference with Matthew 2:2, Matthew 2:11, Matthew 28:9.

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." Crossreference with Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he." and Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

NEVER,  NEVER  HE  SAID  THAT  IN  THE  BIBLE. -  We   have  SO  many  examples,  Jesus  is  the  SON  of  God,  but  never  the  ALMIGHTY  GOD !

2 hours ago, Anke Adolphi said:

NEVER,  NEVER  HE  SAID  THAT  IN  THE  BIBLE. -  We   have  SO  many  examples,  Jesus  is  the  SON  of  God,  but  never  the  ALMIGHTY  GOD !

Oh,ABSOLUTELY He DID and i provided a wealth of information to PROVE it.

yes, Jesus is the Son of God, but also Jehovah God.

Your problem is that you have been brainwashed that whenever you hear or see the word "Jehovah" ( Which NEVER appears in the NT ), you automatically assign that name to God the FATHER.

ProofGBnotprophets.jpg

before abraham1 copy.jpg

uJFXl9I.jpg

Jesus  maybe  was  another  kind  of  God....  but  NOT  the  Creator  of  all  alone  and  not  making  himself,  haha,  do  you  believe  that ?  Jesus  was  the  first  one  the  Almighty  God  created,  all  other  things  they  created  together,  yes. -  Jesus  was  called  with  some  different  names,  also  God...  But  he  never  wanted  be  the  Almighty  God,  he  always  wanted  calling  by  the  son  of  God.

"My  father  is  greater  than  me"....  /  he  prayed  to  his  father !  When  Jesus  were  God,  he  never  had  to  pray...  When  Jesus  was  on  Earth  -  his  father  was  in  Heaven.  HE  gave  Jesus  into  Maria...  only  ONE  could  do  that  with  Jesus !  Jesus  was  praying  SO  strong  to  his  father,  that  his  sweat  became  to  blood...

I  don't  have  any  problem  with  brainwashing...  to  some  things,  I've  my  own  opinion !  Not  nice,  you  wrote  that  ;-(   I  try  doing  nothings  automatically.  My  brain  is  not  manipulable.  ---   Seems,  that  theme  is  one  of  your  big  hobbies ?  ;o)   God  was  giving  himself  a  special  name !  Look  into  the  Bible  and  tell  me,  how  often  he  did....  I'm  sure  you  know  that !

Gnite  from  Germany.....

1 hour ago, Anke Adolphi said:

Jesus  maybe  was  another  kind  of  God....  but  NOT  the  Creator  of  all  alone  and  not  making  himself,  haha,  do  you  believe  that ?  Jesus  was  the  first  one  the  Almighty  God  created,  all  other  things  they  created  together,  yes. -  Jesus  was  called  with  some  different  names,  also  God...  But  he  never  wanted  be  the  Almighty  God,  he  always  wanted  calling  by  the  son  of  God.

"My  father  is  greater  than  me"....  /  he  prayed  to  his  father !  When  Jesus  were  God,  he  never  had  to  pray...  When  Jesus  was  on  Earth  -  his  father  was  in  Heaven.  HE  gave  Jesus  into  Maria...  only  ONE  could  do  that  with  Jesus !  Jesus  was  praying  SO  strong  to  his  father,  that  his  sweat  became  to  blood...

I  don't  have  any  problem  with  brainwashing...  to  some  things,  I've  my  own  opinion !  Not  nice,  you  wrote  that  ;-(   I  try  doing  nothings  automatically.  My  brain  is  not  manipulable.  ---   Seems,  that  theme  is  one  of  your  big  hobbies ?  ;o)   God  was  giving  himself  a  special  name !  Look  into  the  Bible  and  tell  me,  how  often  he  did....  I'm  sure  you  know  that !

Gnite  from  Germany.....

Guten tag.

No, Jesus is NOT "another  kind  of  God" as there is only ONE God, Jehovah.

"but  NOT  the  Creator  of  all  alone "

" For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: "

""My  father  is  greater  than  me"....  /  he  prayed  to  his  father ! "

yes, Jesus in His HUMAN FORM prayed to God the father. Would you expect Jesus to be an atheist?

" When  Jesus  were  God"

Jesus has always been God.

" I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

" Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. "

Exact, there is only ONE God, Jehovah, you say it !  Jesus was never an atheist, thats ludicrous ! Of course, Jesus was there before Abraham... bec. he was living alone with his father for 'trilliards'  of years in Heaven - nobody knows how long, but very very long. Jehovah, his father, made Jesus, his first created person, called his firstborn son Jesus and after, all other things were coming into existence. First the universe, with myriards of angels, planets, stars, etc. etc. and later the earth with all we learned and much more.  -  Of sure you can tell me the perfect Bible scriptures to that, I see your big engagement...  I hope, you will find another person here, to discuss this and that ;o)  My time is limited, sorry. Enjoy our great website here !  Wish you a nice day ??☀️

4 hours ago, Anke Adolphi said:

PS. Trust Jesus, yes...  but  MORE, trust Jehovah, the only ONE God !

Same thing.

Jesus is referred to in the Bible AS Jehovah God.

The Apostle Thomas called Jesus God.John 20:27-29: 2. The Apostle Peter called Jesus God.2 Peter 1:1: 3.The Apostle John called Jesus God.John 1:1-3, 4.God the Father called Jesus God.Hebrews 1:8: 5. God the Father called Jesus God. 6.Isaiah the Prophet said the Messiah would be God.Isaiah 9:67. The Jews who crucified Jesus understood Him to be saying that He was equal with God.John 5:18: 8.Jesus called Himself "I AM", the Old Testament name for God (Exodus 3:14).John 8:58-59. 9.Jesus calls Himself "the Alpha and Omega," the title of Almighty God.Revelation 22:12-13. 10. Like God (Gen. 1:1) Jesus created.Colossians 1:16-1711. Like God, Jesus forgives sin.Mark 2:5-7, 10-11:12. Like God, Jesus gives eternal life.John 10:27-28: 13. Like God, Jesus received, receives and will receive worship.Matthew 14:32-33. 14. Jesus said that only God was good; and Jesus was good. John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."Jesus was as good as they come. He was "sinless," "holy," "righteous," "innocent," "undefiled," and "separate from sinners." (Hebrews 7:26) That's pretty good! 15. Like God, Jesus can be present in more than one place at the same time.Matthew 18:20: 16. One of Jesus' titles is "God with us."Matthew 1:23. 17. Jesus' blood is called God's blood.Acts 20:28: 18. Jesus has the same nature as God.Hebrews 1:3a: 19. Jesus spoke as God.Jesus did not speak as one of God's prophets: "thus says the Lord," but as God: "I say to you."Matthew 5:27-29. 20. Like God (Psalm 136:3), Jesus is called the Lord of Lords and King of kings.Revelation 17:14. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. ( WHEN WAS GOD PIERCED? ). And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel (means God Among Us). 

17 hours ago, Anke Adolphi said:

Jesus  maybe  was  another  kind  of  God.... 

I have a question then, If Jesus is another kind of God, then what do you make of Isaiah 43:10? 

"Before Me there was no God formed and there will be none after Me"

42 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

I have a question then, If Jesus is another kind of God, then what do you make of Isaiah 43:10? 

"Before Me there was no God formed and there will be none after Me"

In some  Bibletranslations,  Jesus were  titled  as  "God"...  in other  Bibles  they  said,  Jesus  was  "one  God"...   /  thats  what  I  meant !

NWT,  According  John  1: 1,  ... and  the  Word  was  a  god  -  our  Insight - book  explains  this  exact.  -  A  son  is  NEVER  also  the  father !  Jesus  is  of  course  inferior  to  Jehovah.  When  Satan  is  titled  as  a  God...  then  its  more  applicable  for  Jesus,  says  the  Insight - book,  also  a  good  reason,  Jesus  is  one  God, or  a  mightier  God,  but  NEVER  the  Almighty  God !  -  Read  more  by  Book  No.1,  Jesus  Christ...

We  very  clear  see  in,  ( Gen. 17:1,  -  Isa. 45:18,  -  Ps. 83:18 )  Jehovah,  our  God,  is  ONE  Jehovah !

I've  all  in  German - language  here,  so  its  little  difficult  and  time-consuming  for  me,  I'm  sorry  -  Thanks !

7 hours ago, Jesus.defender said:

Same thing.

Jesus is referred to in the Bible AS Jehovah God.

The Apostle Thomas called Jesus God.John 20:27-29: 2. The Apostle Peter called Jesus God.2 Peter 1:1: 3.The Apostle John called Jesus God.John 1:1-3, 4.God the Father called Jesus God.Hebrews 1:8: 5. God the Father called Jesus God. 6.Isaiah the Prophet said the Messiah would be God.Isaiah 9:67. The Jews who crucified Jesus understood Him to be saying that He was equal with God.John 5:18: 8.Jesus called Himself "I AM", the Old Testament name for God (Exodus 3:14).John 8:58-59. 9.Jesus calls Himself "the Alpha and Omega," the title of Almighty God.Revelation 22:12-13. 10. Like God (Gen. 1:1) Jesus created.Colossians 1:16-1711. Like God, Jesus forgives sin.Mark 2:5-7, 10-11:12. Like God, Jesus gives eternal life.John 10:27-28: 13. Like God, Jesus received, receives and will receive worship.Matthew 14:32-33. 14. Jesus said that only God was good; and Jesus was good. John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."Jesus was as good as they come. He was "sinless," "holy," "righteous," "innocent," "undefiled," and "separate from sinners." (Hebrews 7:26) That's pretty good! 15. Like God, Jesus can be present in more than one place at the same time.Matthew 18:20: 16. One of Jesus' titles is "God with us."Matthew 1:23. 17. Jesus' blood is called God's blood.Acts 20:28: 18. Jesus has the same nature as God.Hebrews 1:3a: 19. Jesus spoke as God.Jesus did not speak as one of God's prophets: "thus says the Lord," but as God: "I say to you."Matthew 5:27-29. 20. Like God (Psalm 136:3), Jesus is called the Lord of Lords and King of kings.Revelation 17:14. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. ( WHEN WAS GOD PIERCED? ). And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel (means God Among Us). 

But  fact  is :  Jesus  is  in spite  of  everything,  the  SON  of  the  *Almighty  God*  and  that  means,  he  is  inferior  his  Father  Jehovah !  Whatever  you  will  tell  me,  Jesus  maybe  titled  as  a  God,  yes,  thats  true  and  right  -  bec. Satan  is a  *God*  too !  The  God  our  current  systems...  but  after  the  1000 years,  Jesus  will  give  back  his  current  power  to  his  Almighty  Father  -  and  he  will  do  it  with  love,  bec. Jesus  loves  him Then  Jehovah  is  again  the  ONE  and  ONLY  God  for  all  creatures !

ask yourself this: 

Is Jesus a true God or a false God? 

Is Jesus a God like Moses or not?

Is Jesus a God like Satan or not? 

Was Moses a real God? or like a god?

Is Satan A real true God or not? 

What Is Jesus? A true God or not? If true then what do you make of Isaiah 43:10?

According to WT belief John 1:1 , Jesus is a true God but not God Almighty.

What then do you make of Isiah 43:10? 

NO OTHER GOD!