The World News Media

God's Sacred and Holy Name...

BroRando

a27d24_eaa3c66a397944c9bd66a3294738747b~

Beautiful isn't it? How do you react when seeing God's Sacred and Holy Name? Are you overcome with a wondrous and overwhelming awe? If you were to enter into a Personal Relationship with someone whom you deemed special or important, what is the first thing you would want to know about that Person? What is Your Name?

Think about it, how well could you build a personal and intimate relationship with someone if you don't even know their name? The Bible states, "Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones." (James 4:8) Notice it requires action on your part, first? The Bible is like a mirror, it reflects your thoughts and inner person, the person you really are. "For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

Question: If you met someone you really like, and I mean you really want to get to know this person, the first thing you want to know is their name. The second thing you want them to know is Your Name. Right? Suppose that person doesn't care to want to know your name at all? How would you Feel? If you don't care to learn about Jehovah, then why should he care about you? But he does care about you, more than you can ever imagine. Stop hurting him.

The proof that you do care, is that you are reading this article right now. Researching the Bible, reading the articles, learning, and yes, drawing closer to God. It's a process. Jesus Christ told his followers, "No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day." (John 6:44) Jehovah sent his only begotten Son for you, even before you knew about God's Precious Name. "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Jehovah Witnesses are proud to bear the Name of the true God, JEHOVAH. "Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name." (Acts 15:14) “"I am the One who declared and saved and made known When there was no foreign god among you. So you are my witnesses, declares Jehovah, and I am God." (Isaiah 43:12)

Slandering or belittling God's Sacred and Holy Name can be bring certain death for the abuser. "So the abuser of Jehovah’s name should be put to death without fail. The entire assembly should stone him without fail. The foreign resident should be put to death the same as the native for his abusing the Name." (Leviticus 24:16)

Here's where it really pays to study. Satan is tricky, he tries to get people from using God's Name altogether. How? By removing God's Sacred and Holy Name from the Bible. This act of not using God's Name is a grave and serious sin, a willful act. "They intend to make my people forget my name by the dreams they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot my name because of Baʹal." (Jeremiah 23:27) The Hebrew word used in taking God's Name in vain can also mean 'emptiness' or 'void' as in making worthless, belittling, or something of little value or treat as ordinary.

Rather, God's Name is a Protection. "The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous one runs and receives protection." (Proverbs 18:10) "At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance was written before him for those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his name." (Malachi 3:16)

"During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear." (Hebrews 5:7)

• Views 3.7k
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, I am just a cartoon dog, two dimensional, but your comment BroRando, is a clear example of a one dimensional comment that has absolutely ZERO relevance to what Witness mentioned in the "Divi

Since we are talking about stuff like this ... just a passing note ..... A lot of people know the story of the Three Wise Men who visited the stable in Bethlehem, and gave gifts to the baby

As usual BroRando, you have COMPLETELY misunderstood what I said .... BECAUSE ... you never read anything in context, and it appears you are completely unfamiliar with the Society's publication "The D

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Oh dear poor poor Rambo. it's YHWH in English letters rambo. 

NO 'J' and NO 'V'  there.  Yahweh maybe. Yehowah maybe.  but NOT Jehovah. 

Yes if you wanted to be really close to someone you would indeed love to know their REAL NAME.

But you would not use a false name instead. 

Jesus is not a false name.

When you look at the letters YHWH which only consists of consonants, you have to define those letters. YHWH, THVH, Yahweh, Jahaveh, Jehovah etc. There are some people even within their own native language that don’t fully appreciate the significance of the letters. What meaning did the Hebrews put behind a letter.

The “J” can be seen as a mistake, or as a visual for the pictograph of a Shepherds staff (LAM). The Greeks changed the LAM to LAMDA i.e. (LAMBDA) which gave its definition to (I) and the Romans used it for (L).

Lam.jpg

In earlier works, Yahweh, or the earliest form of God’s name, (Yahwe)-(Yahve) 490 CE transferred into Latin with an I. Iahweh (Iahveh). One can make the argument based on the earliest pictograph, the letter (J) or shepherd staff should have prevailed.

The point would be, define the old script in the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek Language

What meaning did the letters YHWH represent?

1.       Hey: Power of Being

2.       Vav: Connection and Unification (WaW)

3.       Yad: Hand (Yod) The little that holds a lot

Hey.jpg

waw.jpg

Yad.jpg

Vav Vav (Waw) is the sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet Numerical value: 6 Sound: "V," "OH" and "OO"

1905-History_of_the_People_of_Israel page 69

THE NAME OF IAHVEH.

It is very possible that the long history of religion, which, starting from the nomad's tent, has resulted in Christianity or Islamism, derives from primitive Assyria, or from Accadian Assyria, as it is called, another element of capital importance; that is, the name of Iahoué or Iahveh. * This proper name is, in the theology of the nomad Semite, a strange misuse of terms.  Why should a proper name be given to one who has no congener, who is alone of his kind? The name was in all probability borrowed by these peoples from abroad.

Since the earliest form of God’s name was sung without it being scripted (Poetry), then we can only hope the name Jehovah comes as close as it was sung millennia ago. It would be more fitting to respect our creator with a personal name than just a title of supreme being (God-Elohim) or to structure his name by just the tetragrammaton, Yhwh. Remember, some original Israelites along with many nations corrupted, God's name by comparing it to other Gods like Baal.

It’s with later copyist that we assume Jesus didn’t use God’s name because the Greeks and Romans (Latin) challenged God’s name of the Jews while the Jews became fearful enough to use God's name and instead substituted many variations of God's title such as, Abba, Ali, Elohim, Théos or Kyrios instead of God’s personal name.

In Hebrew, ʾehyeh is a first-person singular and yhwh looks like a third-person singular—though perhaps one would have expected a present tense (the usual unhappy English translation) to be marked by a perfect form rather than an imperfect form which seems never to be used in that way. It is also rather unusual for a name to be made up solely of a third-person finite verb, rather than containing a shortened form of a verb. But perhaps the most obvious question is, what is the divine name here—ʾehyeh ʾasher ʾehyeh, ʾehyeh, or yhwh? Yhwh clearly, and the second, sole, ʾehyeh, which functions in 14b as a proper name perhaps, but what of the initial declaration? 

With this observation above and it's reasoning, one can argue the trinity. However, is it realistic? Can we use the Greek name of supreme being Zeus to be compared to God?

Derivation and Meaning of the Name

The name Jehovah is derived from the Hebrew verb havah, “to be,” or “being.” This word is almost exactly like the Hebrew verb, chavah, “to live,” or “life.” One can readily see the connection between being and life. Thus, when we read the name Jehovah, or Lord in capital letters, in our Bible we think in terms of being or existence and life, and we must think of Jehovah as the Being who is absolutely self-existent, the One who in Himself possesses essential life, permanent existence. It is worth observing in this connection that the Hebrew personal pronoun translated “he” in our Bible is strikingly similar in the Hebrew to the verb havah, which means being. And in some significant passages, the word he, used of God, is the equivalent to the true and eternal God, that is, the One who always exists, eternal and unchangeable.

The purpose of the JW.org, to use Jehovah in the O.T. and N.T. seems simple enough. To differentiate between Father and Son, when a conflict appears with, the title (Lord) is used. Regardless of the script and lettering, under the Hebrew language with old script and new linguist changes. The use of (J) and or (Y) is most appropriate. Therefore, the most appropriate use of Yahweh is for the old script and Jehovah is for the new standard on linguistics and is in line with the Hebrew Language of old.

The thing to realize with the consonants YHWH is, all the modern vowels are included in every way. (A), (E), (O), and the consonant letter (V) are part of the Hebrew consonant system by its sound. Therefore, Jehovah is the most appropriate sounding personal name of God as indicated by the Hebrew Language, given by the illustration above.

Start with the Shepherd’s staff.

Hey-2.jpg

12 hours ago, Dmitar said:

When you look at the letters YHWH which only consists of consonants, you have to define those letters. YHWH, THVH, Yahweh, Jahaveh, Jehovah etc. There are some people even within their own native language that don’t fully appreciate the significance of the letters. What meaning did the Hebrews put behind a letter.

The “J” can be seen as a mistake, or as a visual for the pictograph of a Shepherds staff (LAM). The Greeks changed the LAM to LAMDA i.e. (LAMBDA) which gave its definition to (I) and the Romans used it for (L).

Lam.jpg

In earlier works, Yahweh, or the earliest form of God’s name, (Yahwe)-(Yahve) 490 CE transferred into Latin with an I. Iahweh (Iahveh). One can make the argument based on the earliest pictograph, the letter (J) or shepherd staff should have prevailed.

The point would be, define the old script in the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek Language

What meaning did the letters YHWH represent?

1.       Hey: Power of Being

2.       Vav: Connection and Unification (WaW)

3.       Yad: Hand (Yod) The little that holds a lot

Hey.jpg

waw.jpg

Yad.jpg

Vav Vav (Waw) is the sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet Numerical value: 6 Sound: "V," "OH" and "OO"

1905-History_of_the_People_of_Israel page 69

THE NAME OF IAHVEH.

It is very possible that the long history of religion, which, starting from the nomad's tent, has resulted in Christianity or Islamism, derives from primitive Assyria, or from Accadian Assyria, as it is called, another element of capital importance; that is, the name of Iahoué or Iahveh. * This proper name is, in the theology of the nomad Semite, a strange misuse of terms.  Why should a proper name be given to one who has no congener, who is alone of his kind? The name was in all probability borrowed by these peoples from abroad.

Since the earliest form of God’s name was sung without it being scripted (Poetry), then we can only hope the name Jehovah comes as close as it was sung millennia ago. It would be more fitting to respect our creator with a personal name than just a title of supreme being (God-Elohim) or to structure his name by just the tetragrammaton, Yhwh. Remember, some original Israelites along with many nations corrupted, God's name by comparing it to other Gods like Baal.

It’s with later copyist that we assume Jesus didn’t use God’s name because the Greeks and Romans (Latin) challenged God’s name of the Jews while the Jews became fearful enough to use God's name and instead substituted many variations of God's title such as, Abba, Ali, Elohim, Théos or Kyrios instead of God’s personal name.

In Hebrew, ʾehyeh is a first-person singular and yhwh looks like a third-person singular—though perhaps one would have expected a present tense (the usual unhappy English translation) to be marked by a perfect form rather than an imperfect form which seems never to be used in that way. It is also rather unusual for a name to be made up solely of a third-person finite verb, rather than containing a shortened form of a verb. But perhaps the most obvious question is, what is the divine name here—ʾehyeh ʾasher ʾehyeh, ʾehyeh, or yhwh? Yhwh clearly, and the second, sole, ʾehyeh, which functions in 14b as a proper name perhaps, but what of the initial declaration? 

With this observation above and it's reasoning, one can argue the trinity. However, is it realistic? Can we use the Greek name of supreme being Zeus to be compared to God?

Derivation and Meaning of the Name

The name Jehovah is derived from the Hebrew verb havah, “to be,” or “being.” This word is almost exactly like the Hebrew verb, chavah, “to live,” or “life.” One can readily see the connection between being and life. Thus, when we read the name Jehovah, or Lord in capital letters, in our Bible we think in terms of being or existence and life, and we must think of Jehovah as the Being who is absolutely self-existent, the One who in Himself possesses essential life, permanent existence. It is worth observing in this connection that the Hebrew personal pronoun translated “he” in our Bible is strikingly similar in the Hebrew to the verb havah, which means being. And in some significant passages, the word he, used of God, is the equivalent to the true and eternal God, that is, the One who always exists, eternal and unchangeable.

The purpose of the JW.org, to use Jehovah in the O.T. and N.T. seems simple enough. To differentiate between Father and Son, when a conflict appears with, the title (Lord) is used. Regardless of the script and lettering, under the Hebrew language with old script and new linguist changes. The use of (J) and or (Y) is most appropriate. Therefore, the most appropriate use of Yahweh is for the old script and Jehovah is for the new standard on linguistics and is in line with the Hebrew Language of old.

The thing to realize with the consonants YHWH is, all the modern vowels are included in every way. (A), (E), (O), and the consonant letter (V) are part of the Hebrew consonant system by its sound. Therefore, Jehovah is the most appropriate sounding personal name of God as indicated by the Hebrew Language, given by the illustration above.

Start with the Shepherd’s staff.

Hey-2.jpg

The Hebrew language did have any letters, it's called Script. God has one name spelled differently in the various languages. https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-no1-2019-jan-feb/what-is-gods-name/

1 hour ago, BroRando said:

The Hebrew language did have any letters, it's called Script.

Friend, what part of my tutorial didn't make that clear for you?

Regardless of the script and lettering, under the Hebrew language with old script and new linguist changes. The use of (J) and or (Y) is most appropriate. Therefore, the most appropriate use of Yahweh is for the old script and Jehovah is for the new standard on linguistics and is in line with the Hebrew Language of old."

1 hour ago, Dmitar said:

Friend, what part of my tutorial didn't make that clear for you?

Regardless of the script and lettering, under the Hebrew language with old script and new linguist changes. The use of (J) and or (Y) is most appropriate. Therefore, the most appropriate use of Yahweh is for the old script and Jehovah is for the new standard on linguistics and is in line with the Hebrew Language of old."

When Hebrew was transliterated into Latin, it was transliterated Iehouáh because there is no J, Y, or V in Latin.  

You yourself claim "The use of (J) and or (Y) is most appropriate"

Those who reject and insult the use of Jehovah, also do the same to the names that bear witness to Jehovah. For instance, Jesus means 'Jehovah is Salvation.' Yet many oppose the name of 'Jesus' who is Jehovah's Christ. 

"Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah." Deuteronomy 6:4

"Look! My servant, whom I support! My chosen one, whom I have approved! I have put my spirit in him; He will bring justice to the nations." Isaiah 42:1

• Jesus is Jehovah's Servant
  • Jesus was Chosen by Jehovah
  • Jesus was Approved by Jehovah
  • Jehovah put his spirit into Jesus
  • Jesus as King of God's Kingdom will bring justice to the nations

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-no2-2021-may-jun/

On 11/27/2021 at 2:46 PM, BroRando said:

a27d24_eaa3c66a397944c9bd66a3294738747b~

Beautiful isn't it? How do you react when seeing God's Sacred and Holy Name? Are you overcome with a wondrous and overwhelming awe? If you were to enter into a Personal Relationship with someone whom you deemed special or important, what is the first thing you would want to know about that Person? What is Your Name?

Think about it, how well could you build a personal and intimate relationship with someone if you don't even know their name? The Bible states, "Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones." (James 4:8) Notice it requires action on your part, first? The Bible is like a mirror, it reflects your thoughts and inner person, the person you really are. "For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

Question: If you met someone you really like, and I mean you really want to get to know this person, the first thing you want to know is their name. The second thing you want them to know is Your Name. Right? Suppose that person doesn't care to want to know your name at all? How would you Feel? If you don't care to learn about Jehovah, then why should he care about you? But he does care about you, more than you can ever imagine. Stop hurting him.

The proof that you do care, is that you are reading this article right now. Researching the Bible, reading the articles, learning, and yes, drawing closer to God. It's a process. Jesus Christ told his followers, "No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day." (John 6:44) Jehovah sent his only begotten Son for you, even before you knew about God's Precious Name. "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Jehovah Witnesses are proud to bear the Name of the true God, JEHOVAH. "Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name." (Acts 15:14) “"I am the One who declared and saved and made known When there was no foreign god among you. So you are my witnesses, declares Jehovah, and I am God." (Isaiah 43:12)

Slandering or belittling God's Sacred and Holy Name can be bring certain death for the abuser. "So the abuser of Jehovah’s name should be put to death without fail. The entire assembly should stone him without fail. The foreign resident should be put to death the same as the native for his abusing the Name." (Leviticus 24:16)

Here's where it really pays to study. Satan is tricky, he tries to get people from using God's Name altogether. How? By removing God's Sacred and Holy Name from the Bible. This act of not using God's Name is a grave and serious sin, a willful act. "They intend to make my people forget my name by the dreams they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot my name because of Baʹal." (Jeremiah 23:27) The Hebrew word used in taking God's Name in vain can also mean 'emptiness' or 'void' as in making worthless, belittling, or something of little value or treat as ordinary.

Rather, God's Name is a Protection. "The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous one runs and receives protection." (Proverbs 18:10) "At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance was written before him for those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his name." (Malachi 3:16)

"During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear." (Hebrews 5:7)

What is your biological fathers name?

3 hours ago, BroRando said:

When Hebrew was transliterated into Latin, it was transliterated Iehouáh because there is no J, Y, or V in Latin.  

You yourself claim "The use of (J) and or (Y) is most appropriate"

Then I don't see an equitable point to your argument if you are not willing to subject God's proper name from its original language. I also made a reference to LATIN, which you have not acknowledged. The presumption you are riding on is, not seeing that I'm referencing the proper use of God's personal name from the old style to the new style. Jehovah under the linguistic understanding is the MOST appropriate form, rather than YHWH or Yahweh, for modern usage;

Jehovah Witnesses don't have a monopoly on God's name. From the original "pictograph" the Shepherds staff (J) should have stayed.

Everyone here seems to demand quarrels. This is problematic for a civil discussion. Once again, my intent was not to make this quarrelsome.

26 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

Then I don't see an equitable point to your argument if you are not willing to subject God's proper name from its original language. I also made a reference to LATIN, which you have not acknowledged. The presumption you are riding on is, not seeing that I'm referencing the proper use of God's personal name from the old style to the new style. Jehovah under the linguistic understanding is the MOST appropriate form, rather than YHWH or Yahweh, for modern usage;

Jehovah Witnesses don't have a monopoly on God's name. From the original "pictograph" the Shepherds staff (J) should have stayed.

Everyone here seems to demand quarrels. This is problematic for a civil discussion. Once again, my intent was not to make this quarrelsome.

I know. I was agreeing. But the additional information of the linguistics tossed you into a tizzy.  The reponse from someone who is honest would be in the positive. I don't know why you are offended. But then again maybe I do? 

"All the peoples of the earth will have to see that Jehovah’s name has been called upon you, and they will be afraid of you." (Deuteronomy 28:10)

Since we are talking about stuff like this ... just a passing note .....

Dmitar .jpg

A lot of people know the story of the Three Wise Men who visited the stable in Bethlehem, and gave gifts to the baby Jesus, but few know that there was a FOURTH wise man that was turned away, as his gift was a standard Christmas fruitcake.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.