The World News Media

God's Sacred and Holy Name...

BroRando

God's Sacred and Holy Name...

a27d24_eaa3c66a397944c9bd66a3294738747b~

Beautiful isn't it? How do you react when seeing God's Sacred and Holy Name? Are you overcome with a wondrous and overwhelming awe? If you were to enter into a Personal Relationship with someone whom you deemed special or important, what is the first thing you would want to know about that Person? What is Your Name?

"The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous one runs and receives protection." (Proverbs 18:10) "At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance was written before him for those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his name." (Malachi 3:16)

"Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name." (Acts 15:14) "I am the One who declared and saved and made known When there was no foreign god among you. So you are my witnesses, declares Jehovah, and I am God." (Isaiah 43:12)

"During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear." (Hebrews 5:7)

Read more...

• Views 452
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Life would have been a bit strange if always called my father Bernie instead of dad/father.

God's Sacred and Holy Name... Beautiful isn't it? How do you react when seeing God's Sacred and Holy Name? Are you overcome with a wondrous and overwhelming awe? If you were to enter into a Perso

This includes his purpose and how it is slowly coming to fruition.  My brother did some research on the Name and sent me a lot of information recently.  But I will only copy only the piece below.

12 hours ago, BroRando said:

ehovah and for those meditating on his name.

This includes his purpose and how it is slowly coming to fruition. 

My brother did some research on the Name and sent me a lot of information recently.  But I will only copy only the piece below.  This proves that Yehovah gave himself a very rare and unique name.  Moses could not have thought up this name even if he wanted to! 

Whole Roots
Most Hebrew roots are "whole" roots meaning all three letters of the root are present regardless of how the root is
used in different grammatical forms. For example, the Hebrew root SH.M.R. has the basic meaning "to guard".
Hebrew can use this root in dozens of ways, each with a different shade of meaning, such as the verbs SHaMaRti "I
guarded" and hiShaMeR "be careful" (be on guard), the noun miSHMeRet meaning "duty" (which a person has to be
on guard to keep), and the names SheMeR and SHoMRon. As a "whole" root, the letters shin mem resh are always
present in words derived from this root.
Hollow Roots
The opposite of a "whole" root, is a "hollow" root. In "hollow" roots, one or more of the three letters of the root can
be absent in certain grammatical forms. For example, the root BNH "to build" loses the third letter of the root in the
verb baniti (spelled BNYty) "I built". In this form of the verb, the H of BNH drops and is replaced by a Yod. If you
didn't know about hollow verbs, and saw the word baniti, you might think the root was BNY, when in fact it is BNH.
Yehovah is from a Hollow Root
The name Yehovah derives from the three-letter root HYH which means "to be". We know this from Ex 3:14 in which
the Almighty explains his name as "Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh". The word Ehyeh is an "imperfect" verb from the root HYH
meaning "to be". In later Hebrew, the "imperfect" form took on the meaning of "future", but in Biblical Hebrew it
primarily expresses a repetitive action. In plain English, Ehyeh means "I am now and I will continue to be in the
future". This is why Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh can be translated as "I am that which I am", but also as "I will be that which I
will be". Both of these translations are correct, even if they are a bit inaccurate. An accurate translation would be: "I
am now, and will continue to be in the future, that which I am now, and will be continue to be in the future". That's
quite a mouthful, and you can see why most translations prefer to dumb it down.
The word eHYeH has all three letters of the root HYH, which may lead you to conclude that HYH is a "whole" root.
However, in other forms of the verb, the second and third letter drop, which means it is a "hollow" root. For
example, HaYiti (spelled HYYty) "I was", is missing the third letter of the root H, and in its place, has a Yod. On the
other hand, the masculine singular imperative Heveh (pronounced Heh Vay) "be!", is missing the second letter of the
root, and in its place, has a Vav. This last piece of information is crucial, because it means in certain forms, the root
looks like HVH, even though in fact it is HYH. This can be confusing because there is an unrelated root which really is
HVH, which has an entirely different meaning from HYH.
Yehovah comes from the same root as Ehyeh: the hollow root HYH. Yehovah is actually a combination of three verbforms:
Hayah "he was", Hoveh "he is", and Yih'yeh "he is now and will continue to be in the future". Together Hayah,
Hoveh, and Yih'yeh combine into the name Yehovah.

This to me is so beautiful about his name! ... and of course is connected to his purpose!

13 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

Life would have been a bit strange if always called my father Bernie instead of dad/father.

Yes indeed. And when Jesus gave the 'model prayer' to his disciples Jesus said 'Father' and did not use God's personal name. Matthew 6: 9

Berean Study Bible
So then, this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.