Micah Ong

• Views 6.4k
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet you continue to enter a JW forum and declare Jehovah is not God's name "repeatedly"....... Adios.... go find some other waters to play in and hurl insults.  

I'm sure a serious question would first need to be asked, and not some long-drawn opinion in order to have a meaningful bible discussion, and not just an argument generated by animosity. No Christian

@Arauna has often pointed out that something she calls "hate OCD" will affect the ability of a person to tell the truth about another person's point of view when it disagrees (at least in part) with t

Posted Images

• 9 months later...

Why do some very religious, Bible-loving people so adamantly refuse to use the name "Jehovah"? Why does it make them so irritated to hear the name "Jehovah" instead of "Yahweh" or some other rendition of the tetragrammaton? 

It's not really about the name at all. It's about the organization currently bearing the name.

Those people are hurt. They are having a crisis of faith, and rightfully so, since the sanctification of The Name is the crucial issue facing the universe at present.

The organization bearing the name "Jehovah's" Witnesses has been treacherous, cruel, hypocritical, and harsh. The organization bearing the name "Jehovah's" Witnesses has brought great reproach on the name of God. These God-loving people, the ones who don't want to believe "Jehovah" is the accurate version of God's name, these people have a heart that bleeds for the sanctification of God's name and reputation.

Obviously, Jehovah answers prayers that are offered up when we use the name "Jehovah" and pray through Jesus. It's obvious. If He answers the prayers offered to Him using that name, then it's okay to use that version of His name. His spirit bears witness that it's okay.

Who cares if some Catholic monk or whoever else started using the name "Jehovah" back who-knows-when the first time when translating the Bible into English? Who cares! What matters is what Jehovah thinks.

Jehovah knows we are talking to Him when we use that version of His name. If you're in China or you're in Sweden, the pronunciation is going to be different anyway. So what if the monk guy was a Catholic! Abraham was from a city where the people worshipped the moon god Sin. Cornelius was an Italian army officer. Jehovah's not partial.

The organization bearing God's name is going to be disciplined by Jehovah Himself. Jesus didn't take the throne in 1914. When Jesus takes the throne, he is going to take action. He is starting the clean-up at the place where Jehovah's name rests. Just like having the temple didn't protect the Jews when it was Jehovah's appointed time for the nations to attack Jerusalem, so having the name "Jehovah" as a title will not prevent the nations from attacking the Bethels. It is written that Jehovah will allow the UN to eat up and destroy all false religion. 

The UN is a beast. Beasts are physical. The organization has plenty of physical holdings to be eaten up.

Jehovah's name is forever. Jehovah knows those who belong to Him. Whether you want to call Him "Yahweh" or "Jehovah" or another version of the tetragrammaton, the point is just keep calling on Him, because the Kingdom of the Heavens Is Drawing Near and the days ahead are going to be difficult. Keep showing love for the whole association of brothers and for your enemies, recognizing that "brother" is not a title or a label, it means someone else who has faith in God, and "enemies" are still your brothers in the human family and some may yet become believers.

"He Causes to Become."

12 minutes ago, boyle said:

Thank God for his righteousness.

Hi, @boyle! I love you, as you know, but I love Jehovah more...

"You well know that Jehovah your God is the true God, the faithful God, keeping his covenant and loyal love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.  But those who hate him he will repay to their face with destruction. He will not be slow to deal with those who hate him; he will repay them to their face.  Therefore, take care to keep the commandments and the regulations and the judicial decisions that I am commanding you today, by observing them."

Love and hate are not shown just by words, but by actions.

The men taking the lead in the organization have shown hatred for Jehovah's name by despising Jesus' commands, including the command to show love.

"You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave unpunished the one who takes up His name in a worthless way."

Jehovah sees people as individuals. He knows that there are right-hearted ones among Jehovah's Witnesses and right-hearted ones who are not currently among Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah knows there are unrighteous ones among Jehovah's Witnesses and unrighteous ones who are not among Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah is a righteous judge. He will do the right thing. He always does.

Jesus is called "The Lamb". The qualities of a lamb are what he has. He is innocent and pure. Jesus reflects Jehovah. Jehovah will do what is right. He is Jehovah. Praise Jehovah.🥰

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Hi! Audrey. I'm glad you love our creator. Too bad you really don't show it. But here's where we differ. I, love Jehovah the most. There is no other God than Jehovah himself. The grand creator of all that is possible.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

They should love Jehovah

Oh, @boyle, I didn't mean I love Jehovah more than you love Jehovah. I can't know that kind of thing, obviously. I meant that even though I love you, I love Jehovah more than I love you, my brother.💖

But that doesn't really matter as far as this thread is concerned.🙂

Oh, and I apologize, I forgot to include the references to the quoted scriptures again. Please forgive me. Here they are...

(Matthew 10:37; Exodus 3:14; Deuteronomy 7:9-11; Exodus 20:7; Deuteronomy 5:11; Matthew 5:43-48; Romans 13:10; James 2:8,9; Deuteronomy 32:4; Ecclesiastes 3:17; Revelation 15:3)

1 hour ago, boyle said:

The understanding is, everyone should love Jehovah above all else. It's that simple. A man and a woman can fall in love. That's special. What's more special is if they love Jehovah the most. They leave out their own personal inclinations as to what love should really stand for with many applications.

Do you think I am reincarnated as "donferdinio?" lol! 😂 

I don't know who that Donatello-fellow is, but I do know that love is intrinsic to God's Name.

"God is Love."

When John described what Jehovah is like, he didn't say "God is He Who Causes to Become." He said "God is Love." 

Seeing Jesus was like seeing Jehovah, since Jesus is Jehovah's image, a reflection of Jehovah. Jesus showed love. He commanded us to show love.

Yes, the romantic love between a man and a woman is special. But there are higher forms of love that are even more special. 

David had a wife, even wives. Jonathan did too. And yet David said of Jonathan "my brother Jonʹa·than; You were very dear to me.  More wonderful was your love to me than the love of women." He meant that their friendship was a type of love higher than romantic love.

"Lazʹa·rus...he was from Bethʹa·ny, the village of Mary and her sister Martha...So his sisters sent a message to him, saying: “Lord, see! the one you have affection for..."

"Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazʹa·rus."

The love Jesus had for Martha and Mary and Lazarus was higher than mere romantic love. Their affection was mutual and it was based on clean, chaste love. Brothers and sisters can have this higher love, this strong bond of friendship and it is very special indeed. It is evidence of Jehovah's holy spirit, a reflection of God's glory and light.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Remember. The argument is, what should the modern pronunciation be?

The answer is: it doesn't matter how you pronounce it, whether you choose Jehovah or Yahweh or Yehowah or another variation based on that theme...Jehovah knows when we are talking to Him. What matters is Love. "God is Love." That's Jehovah's name, His reputation. His true reputation is Love. That's His name. That's Who He Is.

In order to worship Him, in order to be a true worshipper and a true witness, we must have Love. 

"If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For the one who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.  And we have this commandment from him, that whoever loves God must also love his brother."

If somebody thought they were pronouncing Jehovah's name exactly the same way as Moses or Abraham or Abel, it wouldn't make that person closer to God or a better representative of God more than anyone else if that person didn't have love, because God is Love. That's His "name" really, in the sense of His reputation.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a clanging gong or a clashing cymbal.  And if I have the gift of prophecy and understand all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I do not benefit at all."

Calling on Jehovah in truth is not dependent on using a specific pronunciation. It's dependent on the heart.

"Jehovah is near to all those calling on him, 

To all who call on him in truth."

In truth, Jehovah is Love. Calling on Jehovah in truth is dependent on reaching out to Him with a true heart, not some so-called perfect pronunciation. Jehovah is God's name. "God is Love." That's the truth.

(Exodus 34:5-7; Colossians 1:15; 2 Samuel 1:26; John 11:1-5; Psalm 89:24; 1 John 4:20,21; 1 John 4:8; 1 Corinthians 13:1-3; Psalm 145:18)

"Jehovah said to him: “Who made a mouth for man, or who makes them speechless, deaf, clear-sighted, or blind? Is it not I, Jehovah?"

Just something to think about...when a deaf person prays to Jehovah, they pray in sign language. Does Jehovah hear their prayers when they aren't even "pronouncing" Jehovah's name out loud?

What does the Bible say?

Jehovah answered this deaf man's prayers:

"When Jesus returned from the region of Tyre, he went through Siʹdon to the Sea of Galʹi·lee, through the region of De·capʹo·lis.  Here they brought him a deaf man with a speech impediment, and they pleaded with him to lay his hand on him.  And he took him aside privately, away from the crowd. Then he put his fingers into the man’s ears, and after spitting, he touched his tongue.  And looking up into heaven, he sighed deeply and said to him: “Ephʹpha·tha,” that is, “Be opened.”  At this his ears were opened, and his speech impediment was removed, and he began speaking normally."

"Look! The hand of Jehovah is not too short to save, 

Nor is his ear too dull to hear."

Love is more important than pronunciation. "Love never fails."

"Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations."

(Exodus 4:11; Mark 7:31-35; Isaiah 59:1; 1 Corinthians 13:8; Revelation 3:22)

52 minutes ago, boyle said:

Are you trying to suggest your posts are better?

There are many options for building a chicken run. I used metal posts on mine, but here is a picture of different kinds of posts that someone else used on their chicken run.

IMG_7593.jpeg

I can't say which posts are better.

Stick to the subject.

"You must stick to Jehovah your God."

I do the best I can.

(Joshua 23:8)

Remember the subject is God's name in modern times. If you wish to write a symposium about that, by all means.

I can't write a symposium right now, I'm kinda tired, maybe later.

1 hour ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

"When Jesus returned from the region of Tyre, he went through Siʹdon to the Sea of Galʹi·lee, through the region of De·capʹo·lis.  Here they brought him a deaf man with a speech impediment, and they pleaded with him to lay his hand on him.  And he took him aside privately, away from the crowd. Then he put his fingers into the man’s ears, and after spitting, he touched his tongue.  And looking up into heaven, he sighed deeply and said to him: “Ephʹpha·tha,” that is, “Be opened.”  At this his ears were opened, and his speech impediment was removed, and he began speaking normally."

This definitely has nothing to do with the subject. 

Oh, but it has everything to do with it, my dear. Some people on the thread seemed to be concerned that Jehovah won't hear somebody's prayer if they pronounce Jehovah's name the "wrong" way. This verse shows that it doesn't matter, as long as you are approaching Jehovah through Jesus with the right heart, Jehovah will hear you. That deaf man never heard "the so-called correct pronunciation of God's name" prior to being healed because that man was deaf. And yet he must have prayed many many times to be healed, and Jehovah heard and answered that prayer, even before the man heard out loud how Jesus uttered God's name in Hebrew or Greek or any other language.

Why not start a new thread?

What would you like me to start a thread about?

43 minutes ago, boyle said:

If the pronunciation of god's name is not important to you Audrey, why not call him Baal, or Marduk? There was a fellow that went as far as to refuse to use the letter "J" for his argument, that got him banned. Why are you different? If you don't believe in having to pronounce God's name correctly?

I know Jehovah as Jehovah, so that's what I call Him. He has answered my prayers when I call on Him by name. Before I knew Jehovah, I was an atheist. At one point I went through a particularly difficult trial, and I called on the names of many different gods that I had heard about or studied about - and not one of them did a thing. When I prayed to Jehovah through Jesus' name, Jehovah answered that prayer. I know Jehovah is the true God, and I know He answers prayers when I use His Name.

My point was that if someone deaf who never heard God's Name out loud can pray to the true God and have that prayer answered, then surely if someone calls Him Yahweh or Jehovah or YHWH or JH and they mean the God of the Bible who Created All Things, then that person can be confident that Jehovah's not going to be mad at them or call them an apostate because they mispronounced it according to some scholars.

Jehovah is nice. He's not mean, and He's definitely not a Pharisee. Or a scribe. He's a Dad. (Praise Jehovah!😄)