The World News Media

“Yahweh” or “Jehovah”?

Micah Ong

5 hours ago, BroRando said:

Acutally it proves @Patiently waiting for Truth is wrong. The letter "J" was used prior to 1949.  

@Arauna has often pointed out that something she calls "hate OCD" will affect the ability of a person to tell the truth about another person's point of view when it disagrees (at least in part) with their own point of view. @Patiently waiting for Truth (John) has made several arguments that are wrong in my opinion. Yet he  has clearly made the point that the letter "J" was used prior to 1949. You create a false, "straw man" argument, something akin to a "lie" when you pretend that he claimed something different.

Of course, it's so ludicrous to pretend that John claimed there was no letter J before 1949 that I wouldn't call it a lie. It's so obvious that you already know you are wrong that it falls under some other category. It's purposeful nonsense, just like claiming that Hitler is his hero.

My best guess is that you were merely grasping at "strawmen" so that you can divert to the claim that "he is wrong" because that is easier for you than admitting that @Patiently waiting for Truth was correct at least on that one particular point about the Spanish monk, Raymund Martini. Even the Watchtower admits that John's information was right on that point.

For a 70-some year old man, John sometimes comes across as childish. I'm sure that I, too, sometimes come across that way. But when it's obvious that I am responding childishly, I don't mind having it pointed out to me.

• Views 6.6k
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet you continue to enter a JW forum and declare Jehovah is not God's name "repeatedly"....... Adios.... go find some other waters to play in and hurl insults.  

I'm sure a serious question would first need to be asked, and not some long-drawn opinion in order to have a meaningful bible discussion, and not just an argument generated by animosity. No Christian

@Arauna has often pointed out that something she calls "hate OCD" will affect the ability of a person to tell the truth about another person's point of view when it disagrees (at least in part) with t

Posted Images

17 hours ago, JW Insider said:

For a 70-some year old man, John sometimes comes across as childish. I'm sure that I, too, sometimes come across that way. But when it's obvious that I am responding childishly, I don't mind having it pointed out to me.

John who proclaims that letter "J" is somehow evil and can't be used is nonsensical since he himself is named with the letter J.  It's like you using the JW Insider.  But he had no problem using JESUS which means JEHOVAH IS SALVATION until recently. To claim he can use John because English exist at the time he was born in 1949 is a strawman agruement. Maybe you should consider the source of where and whom it came from?

The ideology of removing JEWS is not new. Since Hitler was carrying water for the Catholic faith being a Catholic himself. It's like claiming to be a child advocate at Planned Parenthood and then advertising "We save childrens lives by aborting them."  

I was simply being over simplistic in exposing his hyprocisy.  Having the name JW or John while claiming names that begin with the letter  "J" is somehow made-up, doesn't add any weight to his agruement but voids it.  Since John now claims it's okay to use names with the letter "J" since 1949, why is he claiming today in 2022 it can't be used?

Ask yourself what version of God's Name is pushed the most by the worldly scholars - who are not necessary committed to the Truth but merely to call themselves experts?   

The version they push will be the version pushed by Satan.  Keep in mind that Satan is behind the Jewish effort and Roman effort to have the name disappeared. 

Just saying!  

2 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Ask yourself what version of God's Name is pushed the most by the worldly scholars - who are not necessary committed to the Truth but merely to call themselves experts?   

The version they push will be the version pushed by Satan.  Keep in mind that Satan is behind the Jewish effort and Roman effort to have the name disappeared. 

Just saying!  

LORD... then Lord to confuse the reader.  

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the LORD (God Jehovah Isa 44:6; Gen 17:1; Exo 6:3 ), which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Rev 1:8

Jehovah's Name in the New Testemant...

When I left South Africa, I left 3 African language bibles behind which was printed by the exact same company which had printed the Afrikaans translation.  My first language is Afrikaans.  Our bible did not have the name in at all but the Bantu bibles (as these languages were known at the time), had the name Jehovah more than 6000 in them.

I used to show the name of the company to people and then the different translations - so they could spot the deception. 

The company which translated our Afrikaans bible had been active since 1933 when the most well-known translation was done.  Prior to that there were some Dutch translations done by Mr. Pannevis which had the Name Jehovah in a few places.

Sad that bible companies elect to leave out the Name of the true God. The Gideon bibles, well-known across the world also do not have the name of the true god in them.  Does that not tell you that Satan can masquerade as an angel of light?

The newest Bantu translations have the name removed as well. 

2 hours ago, Peter Carroll said:

Bibles that remove the Tetragrammaton  and replace it with lord ...that is to say translations that remove the Divine Name ... do the reader a great disservice. They encourage the reader to call upon
the name of “the Lord” yet do not provide the name so as to be call upon. Comparatively this
can be illustrated in a hypothetical conversation between two individuals.

A: Who should I talk to about this serious matter?

B: You should talk to Mr._(Awkward Silence) _.  ummm Mr Big?

A: Talk to who?

B: I already said Mr._(Awkward Silence)_.ummm Mr Big?

A: You haven’t said anything, .and the awkward continues ,when you cannot talk to

the person you asked for

The Cult of Pearl Doxey got them tied up in knots like a pretzel.  So when you mention Jehovah, they get all fired up and start screaming like they are being tormented.  lol

400th Anniversary - Hallowing the Divine Name
The Divine Name Jehovah Restored 6973 Times
The Divine Name JAH Restored 50 Times
The Divine Name Jehovah quoted in the New Testament 128 Times

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD,(Jehovah Jol 2:31,32 ) shall be saved.

I have reported MR Rando and hopefully @The Librarian or @JW Insider or some other moderator will give him a warning and hopefully make it clear to me that Mr Rando has been given a warning. 

JWI made comment to Mr Rando but I would prefer Mr Rando was given a proper warning. 

I have been warned and asked to be polite, and i see no need for the insults and accusations I have received from Mr Rando. 

I hope this incident will be attended to. 

Back on topic. It has been proven that the name Jehovah IS a made up name and hopefully i will not need to use.

It has also been proven from their own words in print, that the Watchtower leaders admitted that the name Yahweh was more reliable as correct than the name they chose to use, just because jehovah was commonly known at the time. 

Peace and love to all. We will all be judged by Yeshua. 

18 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

I have reported MR Rando and hopefully @The Librarian or @JW Insider or some other moderator will give him a warning and hopefully make it clear to me that Mr Rando has been given a warning. 

JWI made comment to Mr Rando but I would prefer Mr Rando was given a proper warning. 

I have been warned and asked to be polite, and i see no need for the insults and accusations I have received from Mr Rando. 

I hope this incident will be attended to. 

Back on topic. It has been proven that the name Jehovah IS a made up name and hopefully i will not need to use.

It has also been proven from their own words in print, that the Watchtower leaders admitted that the name Yahweh was more reliable as correct than the name they chose to use, just because jehovah was commonly known at the time. 

Peace and love to all. We will all be judged by Yeshua. 

Yeshua is not in the Hebrew or the Greek Scriptures. So your arguement is based on a false premise and a strawman.  The Apostle JOHN was on earth way before 1949 and proves you are being untruthful. Anyways... if you had the truth... you could back it with facts. But you can't.

To claim Jehovah is made up, then you can't avoid other Names that give witness to Jehovah.  Knowing you are wrong and feeling sick to your stomach is not my fault. Try looking in the mirror JOHN.

I can do the same thing with your Name John...

• John is a made up name because a Catholic Monk invented the name JOHN in the 13 Century.  
  • Jews are a made up name because a Catholic Monk invented the name JEWS in the 13 Century.  
  • Jeremiah is a made up name because a Catholic Monk invented the name JEREMIAH in the 13 Century.  
  • Jerusalem  is a made up name because a Catholic Monk invented the name JERUSALEM in the 13 Century.  

If you can't take the heat.. then get out of the kitchen... 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.