Anna

• Views 5.7k
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you have stated the question very well and have already implied the answers. Yes, some see it as a ritual. But it really is a ritual, just as baptism is a ritual that is not optional. Som

Most of these churches that defy government quarantine restrictions do so because they see the government being opportunistic—‘never let a crisis go to waste.’ They are intensely political on the righ

I have noticed many friends seem to be stressing about the acquisition of the memorial symbols during the coronavirus lockdown. There have been quite a few discussions on social media and in person.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, JW Insider said:

At least when it's just the two of you, imitating that "bosom position" thing doesn't seem so awkward. Try that at the Hall!

----references-----

*** it-1 p. 219 Attitudes and Gestures ***
In the reclining manner of eating that was practiced during the days Jesus was on earth, to lean on another’s bosom was an attitude of intimate friendship or favor, and this was known as the bosom position. (Joh 13:23, 25) This custom was the basis of the illustrations in Luke 16:22, 23 and John 1:18.

Yes, that is kind of my point. Obviously customs change, but I think the way it's done at the KH is for practical reasons mainly, but to do it the same way when there is only a handful of you, delegates the whole event to more of an invented (by us) ritual, and that is what has been my contention, that the memorial has become some kind of ceremonial tradition, just add Latin as JTR suggested and we're good to go!

Quote @Anna  that the memorial has become some kind of ceremonial tradition,

It is because the memorial is for the Anointed not the Domestics. BUT the CCJW has put the Elders above the Anointed so that the Anointed are no longer shown the due respect. 

People should know who the true Anointed are (ten men clinging to the skirt of a JEW) and should show them due respect. But instead the GB says to show honour to the Elders, hence your memorial is just an empty ceremony. 

6 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

It is because the memorial is for the Anointed not the Domestics.

Yes, you are right, and we know that, but we are a mixed company where the anointed are mixed in with the great crowd. So members of the anointed partake and members of the great crowd don't. We've been through this several times. Nothing about the memorial arrangement denigrates the anointed. All I was remarking on was the method of the observation (during the lockdown) by the great crowd, that it seemed unecessarily ritualistic IF we already know no one will be partaking in the household. Nothing to do with how the anointed observe it. They actually partake of the emblems, different kettle of fish all together.

6 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

CCJW has put the Elders above the Anointed so that the Anointed are no longer shown the due respect. 

Don't forget many of the anointed (I would say most if they are male) are actually elders.

And by the way everybody, including the anointed, including the GB, are domestics.

4 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

hence your memorial is just an empty ceremony. 

And no, it is not an empty ceremony for the great crowd. It is an expression of deep gratitude for the ransom, remembering on that night what Jesus did for us and will do for us via the covenant for a Kingdom he put in place that night with his disciples. Because of this covenant, the Kingdom, people will get a chance for everlasting life. What is there not to celebrate?

On 4/21/2020 at 6:49 AM, JW Insider said:

In the reclining manner of eating that was practiced during the days Jesus was on earth, to lean on another’s bosom was an attitude of intimate friendship or favor, and this was known as the bosom position. (Joh 13:23, 25) This custom was the basis of the illustrations in Luke 16:22, 23 and John 1:18.

How ironic.  The picture Anna posted shows Jesus, the "living Stone" with some of the foundation stones of the spiritual Temple.  The "living stones" in the organization would be counseled for bonding together, if they gathered as these apostles did to remember this supper.  

"As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."  1 Pet 2:4,5

On 4/21/2020 at 7:29 PM, Anna said:

Yes, that is kind of my point. Obviously customs change, but I think the way it's done at the KH is for practical reasons mainly, but to do it the same way when there is only a handful of you, delegates the whole event to more of an invented (by us) ritual, and that is what has been my contention, that the memorial has become some kind of ceremonial tradition, just add Latin as JTR suggested and we're good to go!

I couldn't agree with you more - the organization's 'invention' is not at all as Jesus intended it to be. In addition, if a group of those not anointed gather for this supper, how does passing plates between one another signify anything?   It doesn't.  Jesus could have invited everyone to his meal, but he chose whom he wanted, to lay the foundation of God's Temple built on his Body.  1 Cor 3:11; Eph 2:19-22

But, preventing the anointed priesthood of God from enjoying an intimate bond with each other during the memorial meal, is another  "invented ritual" that is right in line with lawlessness - a trampling down of a people - the Temple members and spiritual dwelling of God.  1 Cor 3:16,17; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1-3   And the anointed play along, forgetting that their obedience is only to Christ and not to men.  

Daughter Zion is left
    like a shelter in a vineyard,
like a hut in a cucumber field,
    like a city under siege.
9 Unless the Lord Almighty
    had left us some survivors,
we would have become like Sodom,
    we would have been like Gomorrah.

10 Hear the word of the Lord,
    you rulers of Sodom;
listen to the instruction of our God,
    you people of Gomorrah!

12 When you come to appear before me,
    who has asked this of you,
    this trampling of my courts?
13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
    Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
    I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.
14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals
    I hate with all my being.
They have become a burden to me;
    I am weary of bearing them.
15 When you spread out your hands in prayer,
    I hide my eyes from you;
even when you offer many prayers,
    I am not listening.  Isaiah 1

https://pearl-disgustingthing.blogspot.com/

@Anna Quote "And by the way everybody, including the anointed, including the GB, are domestics."

I totally disagree with this comment of yours. Show me proof from scripture, not from your GB / CCJW.

The Domestics are the earthly class. 

Quote "Don't forget many of the anointed (I would say most if they are male) are actually elders."

But your GB say that some who say they are Anointed are actually mentally disturbed. I don't think they would be Elders then. And in the congregations I have been in many of the 'Elders' were a lot younger than me and not at all spiritually mature. In my opinion most elders earthwide are not of the Slave class. But then in my opinion the true Slave / Anointed would not be Elders as their spiritual conscience would not let them follow the GB. 

My comment about the Memorial being just an empty ceremony was relating to this lock down situation, because the Memorial is as you say for the Anointed to partake of. So any Domestics / Earthly Class just 'going through the motions' is an empty ceremony. 

As for your comment, "It is an expression of deep gratitude for the ransom, remembering on that night what Jesus did for us" 

Um, I'm happily married and i don't only remember my wife on my wedding anniversary.  Our gratitude for Christ's ransom should be every day, not just once a year. 

My feeling is that Christ's ransom was firstly for the Anointed, the Bride of Christ. I don't think it yet covers the Domestic Earthly Class. 

Revelation 5 v 9 & 10. 

And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10  and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

That scripture shows that Christ's blood bought people for God, to serve as Priests and to Rule as Kings over the Earth. That is the Slave class, the Anointed, the Bride of Christ.

But your GB / W/t / Org only quote verse 9 and pretend it means everyone. 

If the Slave / Anointed stay true to God until their death they will not get another testing. 

If the Domestics / Earthly Class stay faithful until they die, they get a resurrection but they also get tested at the end of the thousand years. 

Also that scripture shows that the Slave is from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. 

But your GB are where ? And what chance do they give to their FELLOW SLAVES from around the earth ? 

A funny thing, one of my points has been proven by this Lock down. I suggested long ago how the Slave / Anointed Earthwide could work together as the F&DS.....  Now, because of Lock down, we are seeing many thousands of people earthwide, working from home, communicating around the globe.  This could have been happening within the CCJW F&DS many years ago. But your GB wanted the power and glory for themselves. 

On 4/23/2020 at 5:29 AM, Anna said:

forget many of the anointed (I would say most if they are male) are actually elders.

Wrong! Not all anointed males are elders...... just as in first century not all were elders.

On 4/23/2020 at 1:01 AM, 4Jah2me said:

because the memorial is for the Anointed not the Domestics.

Read the scripture again - it does not refer to anointed and domestics...... it refers to the "slave" and domestics. Not all are part of the slave-  so the rest are domestics. Matt 24:45.

On 4/23/2020 at 1:01 AM, 4Jah2me said:

People should know who the true Anointed are (ten

Are you advocating undue attention  to the anointed?  On the one hand you are always chastising JWs for listening to the slave (anointed) and accuse us of giving GB too much attention........and on the other hand advocate more attention within congregations...... only to anointed... paradox..... 

Quote @Arauna  Are you advocating undue attention  to the anointed?

Answer.

Berean Study Bible   Zechariah 8:23
This is what the LORD of Hosts says: “In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue will tightly grasp the robe of a Jew, saying, ‘Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote "Not all are part of the slave-  so the rest are domestics.

Matthew 24 v 48 & 49

“But if ever that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49  and he starts to beat his fellow slaves and to eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 

Like I say, you believe your GB, not God's word.

NOWHERE in God's word does it say that your GB are THE Slave.

THEY have given THEMSELVES that title.

And JWs serve them by believing every word from them. 

Also quote "Not all anointed males are elders...... just as in first century not all were elders."

And just as in the 1st Century NOT all Christians were of the Anointed. 

Jesus said, recorded at John 10 v 16,

“And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold;n those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.

He didn't say 'I will have' He said 'I have' Back then at that time.  Domestics / Earthly Class.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.