The World News Media

Memorial 2020 during covid-19 lockdown

Anna

18 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

organisation

We take our young children with us on field service too!  Nothing wrong with that!   An older child which listens to the meeting and participates will maybe be counted as an attendee but one that sits and plays and has attention all over the place will definitely not be counted.

With the memorial being a solemn occasion and an understanding of the ransom needed and an understanding of who may partake of the emblems, I would say that visitors, studies, JWs and invited quests will be counted but children definitely not- unless they are very mature.

Those who do the regular counting know who are mature enough and who are not.

• Views 5.7k
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you have stated the question very well and have already implied the answers. Yes, some see it as a ritual. But it really is a ritual, just as baptism is a ritual that is not optional. Som

Most of these churches that defy government quarantine restrictions do so because they see the government being opportunistic—‘never let a crisis go to waste.’ They are intensely political on the righ

I have noticed many friends seem to be stressing about the acquisition of the memorial symbols during the coronavirus lockdown. There have been quite a few discussions on social media and in person.

Posted Images

I know of a family that have seven children. So when they go into field ministry that will be NINE report slips per month.  I would suggest that, but cannot prove, some of those seven children will be in field service against their own will. 

But A. this is totally off topic, and B. it has all been discussed on here before. 

I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial however you did it. As for numbers is it really important ? 

I always thought quality was more important than quantity :) 

13 hours ago, Arauna said:

You are guessing too! ... and in a joke-maligning way!  So please provide solid proof that they count babies......toddlers. 

Whatever it was I was doing, I was NOT guessing .... my intent was to tell a joke, which for those with a well integrated knowledge base would be funny.. Almost all humor has to have some element of truth, and I was counting on the assumption that it would be recognized that years ago it was repeatedly touted from the Watchtower that Baptism was the most important decision you will ever make ... even more important that who you choose to marry, or even getting married or not, in itself ... and required a great deal of maturity to enter into such an adoptive covenant arrangement.

Now ... 8 year old girls are being baptized, which when extrapolated according to previous statements, means they are mature enough to get married, which is absurd.

If it is absurd that they are not mature enough to get married, it follows that it is absurd that they are mature enough to get baptized.  Since 1985, when they changed the terms of baptism as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, the terms of the dedication oath require fealty and allegiance to the WTB&TS, as well as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

So, what a girl does when she is eight years old makes her liable to be ostracized, shunned, and disfellowshipped at a later date, and banned from associating with everyone she ever knew.

Even Jesus Christ, the perfect Son of God, waited until he was in his early 30's to be baptized.

If we are to follow Jesus' example, what's with letting 8 year old children getting baptized?

...and what is the new younger limit?

Three years old?

On 4/7/2020 at 11:14 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

They will count baptized children, down to the age of three, or if they have been potty trained, down to the age of two.

That was not a guess .... that was a lament.

8 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I dislike incurring the displeasure of Dooyaateehda Ajigaleidii, and I hope never to do so.

I used to know some Dooyaateehda Ajigaleidii's, from either Pakistan, or India, near the border, where they used to both test atomic bombs.  The Dooyaateehda K. Ajigaleidii family was very nice, and congenial, but the Dooyaateehda P. Ajigaleidii family were mean and contentious.  Sometimes they had feuds, like the Hatfields and McCoys, of Chatteroy, West Virginia, and the Eustace M. Phenackerbitian family would try to moderate.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I dislike incurring the displeasure of Dooyaateehda Ajigaleidii

Do you have the same problem when 4jah2me makes a conscience vote? Or is just a dislike toward newbies voting their conscience. How is my voting causing a feud? That makes no sense.

2 hours ago, Dooyaateehda Ajigaleidii said:

Or is just a dislike toward newbies voting their conscience.

Come come. Are you really a ‘newbie?’ You read very much like an ‘oldbie’ to me.

2 hours ago, Dooyaateehda Ajigaleidii said:

Do you have the same problem when 4jah2me makes a conscience vote?

He doesn’t ‘vote.’ He laughs—like a hyena.

Quote @TrueTomHarley He doesn’t ‘vote.’ He laughs—like a hyena.

Because you give me so much to laugh at Tom. And so does James at times. 

This whole forum is quite funny really. especially when people use such silly names and multi AKA's.. 

No need to watch television, it's all on here........... :) Y'all 

•  

On 4/9/2020 at 9:25 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

girls are being baptized,

I know an anointed lady who is now almost 90 years old and she was baptised at 9 years old. I bet she listened to the meetings at that young age.

A LOT of things were true before 1985, when they changed the rules of who and what you were dedicating your life to.

81 years ago was 1939.

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

know an anointed lady who is now almost 90 years old and she was baptised at 9 years old. I bet she listened to the meetings at that young age.

Disfellowshipping and shunning at that time by the Society was considered  a barbaric affront to God, and people ,...  only practiced by Catholics and similar false religions.

We did not even remotely as an institution have a disfellowshipping policy back then.

Brothers and Sisters were "marked" by individual congregants as their conscience dictated.

( By the way ... that's why we HAVE a theocratically trained conscience ...)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.