The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

17 minutes ago, xero said:

Being part of an organization is critical and you have to make a choice.

No, the choice is whether one listens to truth or to lies.  

17 minutes ago, xero said:

What is the dragnet, if not the disparate nominal Christian organizations? How CAN you NOT isolate yourself like the selfish do w/o an organization? How WOULD the Bible have been preserved w/o an organization to do so.

You have contradicted yourself.  The Catholic Church was instrumental in preserving the Bible to a degree, yet you say the dragnet are the "nominal Christian organizations."   

You were an elder, and as an elder you replaced  God's chosen priesthood. (1 Pet 2:5,9) You "represented" that priesthood, that spiritual temple; which is an abomination to God. (Ezek 44:6-9) The dragnet is the organization you belong to, and where the "man of lawlessness" is "standing where it should not"; it is filling in for God's chosen priests and transgressing His spiritual Temple.  (1 Cor 3:16,17; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2)  The anointed remnant are under siege in your organization. (Rev 20:7-9)  Do you agree that they should not gather together and study the words of their Master, Jesus Christ - all because it transgresses the unity of the organization?   

Where does it say in God's word, that an earthly organization's unity is more important than His priesthood carrying out their "daily sacrifices" of praise to Him?  (Dan 11:31; 8:25; Matt 24:15,16)

• Views 15.3k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Thinking said:

and you notice the problems of the "YHVH organization".

We know it is not perfect because Jehovah has to work with imperfect people. We are grateful that we have such good bible knowledge and still get spiritually fed and updated.  But what you see is mega-magnified and exaggerated issues.....of your own making.....   so even if we were the organization which Jehovah is really using - you think what Jehovah provides is not good enough.  Your are similar to Waiting on her hands.... waiting for perfection -which in this world is impossible.

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Tell the dodo it couldn’t have been click bait because there was no place given for anyone to click.

Tell little tommy that once a person highlights a comment then that person HAS TO CLICK to get that comment to appear in a new comment box. 

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Tell the dodo it couldn’t have been click bait because there was no place given for anyone to click.

Or does little tommy have a different way to activate the 'quote selection' button without CLICKING ON IT. 

Keep up the insults you false Christian story teller. 

22 hours ago, Pudgy said:

On a related note, from America’s greatest religious news source:

JERUSALEM—Religious experts have begun voicing concerns that a local carpenter’s disinformation is spreading among Israelites most susceptible to unapproved ideas.

“Visit your nearest synagogue for the latest information on how to obey God. Listen to the experts!” A contingent of authorities in Jewish law spoke out against the carpenter’s simple teaching about loving God and your neighbor. “Follow the data—we need tithes, loopholes, and ever-changing rules, not repentant hearts!”

The usually divided Pharisees, Sadducees, and Scribes showed solidarity in fact-checking Jesus’s teaching. “We rate Jesus’s teaching as ‘Needs Context,’" said a spokesman for the group.

Is this the bit that you didn't write Pudgy ??????????????? 

I quoted direct from your comment, I'm not a JW I don't need to lie.

6 hours ago, Pudgy said:

3.)  Did you make this up yourself, or quote it from someone else, and then either way falsely attribute it to me?

Tell little tommy @TrueTomHarley that I clicked so that i could answer you. I took the words directly from YOUR COMMENT as you will see if you bother to look at it. There was nothing FALSE about it. 

2 hours ago, Anna said:

Par 12 WT 2006

"We therefore have reason to think carefully about our personal situation. Are we actually inside Jehovah’s arrangement of spiritual protection? When the great tribulation strikes, tears of joy and thankfulness will stream down the faces of those who have sought such protection. For others, there will be only tears of sorrow and regret."

(JWs seem to just live to insult people but so be it anna. If you think that is the Christian way, then you are lost already.)

That Watchtower is talking about the JW Org / JW Religion as being God's spiritual arrangement for protection. 

Everyone here knows that much. It is not talking about serving God through Christ. 

Notice the word 'INSIDE'. Quite obviously proves the point.  

1 hour ago, xero said:

Being part of an organization is critical and you have to make a choice. Pretend you aren't as corrupt and flawed as those you might sneer at, or work out your own salvation w/fear and trembling WITHIN an organization which YOU feel is supporting your efforts BETTER than the others.

It seems that RUSSELL didn't think your way. He said an organisation WASN'T NECESSARY. 

Being organised is necessary, but that does not mean being ruled over by men. 

Each person shoud in fact work out their own salvation w/fear and trembling, but that does not mean submitting to men. 

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

We know it is not perfect because Jehovah has to work with imperfect people. We are grateful that we have such good bible knowledge and still get spiritually fed and updated.  But what you see is mega-magnified and exaggerated issues.....of your own making.....   so even if we were the organization which Jehovah is really using - you think what Jehovah provides is not good enough.  Your are similar to Waiting on her hands.... waiting for perfection -which in this world is impossible.

You have dismissed the power of God, the power Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit, by lumping the organization’s errors on “imperfect people”.

To his disciples:

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!”

Check your list of changed doctrine.  Was any of it provided by Jesus Christ?  Can it be compared to bread, or to a stone? To fish, or to a snake?

So He said to the Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

All JWs were and are, chained to false teachings, because your leaders did not, and do not, ask Jesus for knowledge.  They did not “continue” in his word in order to be blessed with truth.  Their word has become much more important than the words of Jesus Christ.

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have told you."  John 14:26

Nothing on the list of Beliefs Clarified was truth. You must admit that according to his words, Jesus didn't have a hand in your leadership's understanding.  It is list of myths; all of it, is the “doctrine of men”. The scriptures give clear proof that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit did not provide any of it. You should wonder if God approves of men's doctrine superseding the doctrine of His Son, Jesus Christ.

“ For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths.  2 Tim 4:2-4

What are JWs chasing after now?  What apparent “truth” are they looking forward to seeing fulfilled?  And why do they get so excited when new doctrine takes the place of old?  

They look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.

1 hour ago, Thinking said:

,,JWs were the only ones who had all my questions answered correctly

Well back in the 1960's / 70's the JW answers were a lot different to their answers today. 

7,000 year creative days. 6,000 years of humans on earth, then Armageddon and the 1,000 years of Christ's reign.

Simple wasn't it ?  BUT WRONG. How many times have the JW answers changed ? 

So maybe in 10 years time all the JW answers wil be different again. 

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• try the: Bánh bèo Bánh ít ram
    • Definitely should try the Bond roll here when you get a chance: this is a mom and pop place that does a great job  
    • An interesting concept, bible discipline. I am struck by the prevalence of ignorance about spiritual discipline on "Reddit." While physical and mental disciplines receive attention, the profound impact of spiritual discipline on a person's physical and mental well-being is often overlooked. Is it possible to argue against the words of the Apostle Paul? When he penned those words in Hebrews 12, he was recognizing that there are moments when an individual must be "rebuked" in order to be corrected. Even Jesus himself established a precedent when he rebuked Peter and referred to him as Satan for failing to comprehend what Jesus had already revealed to the apostles. Did that imply that Jesus had an evil heart? Not at all, it was quite the opposite; Jesus had a loving heart. His need to correct Peter actually showcased his genuine love for him. If he hadn't cared, he would have let Peter persist in his mistaken ways, leading to a fate similar to Judas'. There is a clear emphasis on avoiding the apostate translation and its meaning, yet many seem to overlook the biblical foundation for the reasons NOT to follow the path of the fallen brethren or those with an apostate mentality. Those individuals have embraced the path of darkness, where the illuminating power of light cannot penetrate, to avoid receiving the righteous discipline based on God's Bible teachings. They are undoubtedly aware that this undeniable truth of life must be disregarded in order to uphold their baseless justifications for the unjust act of shunning. Can anyone truly "force" someone or stop them from rejecting a friend or family member? Such a notion would be absurd, considering the fact that we all have the power of free will. If a Witness decides to distance themselves from a family member or friend simply because they have come out as gay, who is anyone within the organization to question or challenge that personal sentiment? It is unfortunate that there are individuals, both within and outside the organization, who not only lack a proper understanding of the Bible but also dare to suggest that God's discipline is barbaric. We must remember that personal choices should be respected, and it is not for others to judge or condemn someone based on their sexual orientation but should be avoided under biblical grounds. No one should have the power to compel an individual to change their sexual orientation, nor should anyone be forced to accept someone for who they are. When it comes to a family's desire to shield their children from external influences, who has the right to challenge the parents' decision? And if a family's rejection of others is based on cultural factors rather than religious beliefs, who can impose religious judgment on them? Who should true followers of Christ follow? The words of God or those who believe they can change God's laws to fit their lives? How can we apply the inspired words of Paul from God to embrace the reality of God's discipline? On the contrary, how can nonconformists expect to persuade those with a "worldview" that their religious beliefs are unacceptable by ostracizing individuals, when God condemns homosexuality? This is precisely why the arguments put forth by ex-witnesses are lacking in their pursuit of justice. When they employ misguided tactics, justice remains elusive as their arguments are either weak or inconsistent with biblical standards. Therefore, it is crucial to also comprehend Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 9:27. The use of the word "shun" is being exaggerated and excessively condemned by those who reject biblical shunning as a form of punishment. Eph 5:3-14 NIV 3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person — such a man is an idolater — has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.  6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.  8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible. The impact of the message becomes significantly stronger when we emphasize the importance of avoiding any association with unrighteousness and those who remain unrepentant. In fact, it becomes even more compelling when we witness how some individuals, who dismiss biblical shunning as a method of discipline, excessively criticize and condemn the use of the word "shun". Therefore, Jehovah's Witnesses do not shun people; instead, they choose to focus on the negative actions being committed, which is in accordance with biblical teachings. This should be construed as ex-Witness rhetoric. Now, let's consider why ex-Witnesses specifically target one particular religion. What justifications do they provide when other Christian denominations also adhere to the same principle grounded in the Bible? Chapter 1 - Preface Both must therefore test themselves: the one, if he is qualified to speak and leave behind him written records; the other, if he is in a right state to hear and read: as also some in the dispensation of the Eucharist, according to  custom enjoin that each one of the people individually should take his part. One's own conscience is best for choosing accurately or shunning. And its firm foundation is a right life, with suitable instruction. But the imitation of those who have already been proved, and who have led correct lives, is most excellent for the understanding and practice of the commandments. "So that whosoever shall eat the bread and drink the cup of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup."  It therefore follows, that every one of those who undertake to promote the good of their neighbours, ought to consider whether he has betaken himself to teaching rashly and out of rivalry to any; if his communication of the word is out of vainglory; if the the only reward he reaps is the salvation of those who hear, and if he speaks not in order to win favour: if so, he who speaks by writings escapes the reproach of mercenary motives. "For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know," says the apostle, "nor a cloak of covetousness. God is witness. Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome as the apostles of Christ. But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children."   (from Ante-Nicene Fathers, Volume 2) Divine promises 2. The manner of shunning, in the word escaping. There is a flying away required, and that quickly, as in the plague, or from a fire which hath almost burned us, or a flood that breaketh in upon us. We cannot soon enough escape from sin (Matt 3:7; Heb 6:18). No motion but flight becomes us in this case. Doctrine: That the great end and effect of the promises of the gospel is to make us partakers of the Divine nature. (from The Biblical Illustrator)  
    • Clearly, they are already demanding your exile. Yes! It's unfortunate that Pudgy spoiled a great discussion about science. I hope the discussion can continue without any more nonsensical interruptions. Just a suggestion since they are on your heels. Wow! You speak! It seems you have a lot to say! Now they are going to treat like, who do you think you are, mister big stuff! Are those aliens now going to imply that anyone who speaks out against the five or six key contributors to this site will be treated as though it is George just because those in opposition speak the language they hate to hear, the TRUTH? They are seeking individuals who will embrace their nonconformist values and appreciate what they can offer in shaping public opinion contrary to the established agenda of God and Christ. Their goal is to enhance their writing abilities and avoid squandering time on frivolous pursuits, mainly arguing about the truth they don't care for. They see it all as a mere game, even when leading people astray. They believe they have every right to and will face no biblical repercussions, or so they believe. They just want to have fun just like that Cyndi Lauper song. Be prepared to be belittled and ridiculed, all the while they claim to be angels. Haha! By the way, please refrain from using the same language as George. They appear to believe that when others use the same words, it means they are the same person, and they emphasize this as if no one else is allowed to use similar grammar. It seems they think only they have the right to use the same or similar writing styles. Quite amusing, isn't it? See, what I just placed in bold, now I'm George, lol! Now, let's leave this nice science thread for people that want to know more about science. I believe George left it at "Zero Distance."  
  • Members

• Recent Status Updates

• lauleb  »  misette

merci pour ton travail très utile. tu es une aide qui fortifie
      · 0 replies
    • Pamela Dunston  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hi, TB
      I would like to get the weekly meeting and watchtower materials  and the 2024 convention 
      Attend the 2024 Convention—“Declare the Good News!”
      notebook, I just recently got a new computer, If don't mind my brother to add me on and allow me access to our study again.

Thank you, so much
      Sister Dunston
      · 2 replies
    • SpiritualSister 24  »  DARLENE2022

Hello, Darlene, I just love your name, I had a cousin named Darline, and had a classmate also named Darlene! It's a pleasure to know another Darlene! Especially a Spiritual Sister! There's some websites, Ministry Ideaz , JW Stuff.com, and Etsy that I use to order my yearly buttons for the Conventions! They always send me what I order, and their also Jehovah's Witnesses, that send us the merchandise we order!  You can check out these websites, and they might have what your looking for! I hope I have been helpful in assisting you, Darlene! Agape love, Shirley!😀
      · 1 reply
    • SpiritualSister 24

2024"Enter Into God's Rest" Circuit Assembly! 
      · 0 replies
    • Janice Lewis  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hello Twyla, when will the weekly study material be available. I am a member.
      Janice Lewis     lewisjanice84@gmail.com
      Thank you
      · 1 reply
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Gardeniableu

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.