The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Confused i am. Because quote from 2006 said:

Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization. - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006366

Still doesn’t say the ark equals Jesus ….I remember that passage…didn’t like it then and still don’t …..since 2006…the brothers now say only Jesus can decide who will be saved….WE CANNOT…long time in coming I admit,…just goes to show you one must study and reason and not beleive everything written…nor have heart failure and run for the hills screaming ..in panic….one must use the oil in the lamp…..remember…the apostles preached the kingdom had come on their first mission….they no doubt had to eat those words….there are a number of things the WT has had to be humbled on….this is one ….

Sereko you are as shallow and panicked out as they come…you must learn to reason….the WT is not the Bible …it is not holy….those who write it are not holy…it’s a tool…it’s a guidance which gets things wrong from time to time…and some who have written some things have had to eat humble pie…

I did not get my knickers In  A knot over that passage when I read it years ago….I sighed deeply and wondered how they ever passed it..and just who on earth wrote it…

Needless to say Bro Luciano gave a excellent talk recently on …..it is only Jesus who can Judge who will be saved NOBODY else can say that or even try to say it….he was politely letting us know..the above statement is wrong….

• Views 14.7k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Arauna said:

These people always throw bait - they do not care about Jehovah. They pretend to be interested in the light..... but are they really?  I agree with pudgy.... Paris is more interesting.

Yeah but one can get a bit of practise in 

49 minutes ago, Arauna said:

We cannot fathom out every situation except understanding that many lost their lives unnecessarily and Jehovah kept  judged the living according to their heart condition. In this situation, most who died are not in Gehenna but in Sheol, just  like the opposers who came up against Moses. Jehovah promised that there would be death no longer and that we will not remember the bad things in the past. So obviously Jehovah has everything single outcome under control - even if we do not want to think about it in this way.

It is the final outcome that is important because Jehovah has the power to rectify everything else. 

In the next two to five years - many people will lose their lives due to hunger, war, untimely death through pestilence (as prophecy indicated).  Much of it is going to be due to the actions of other humans or unforeseen circumstances.  I assume that most of them will get a resurrection.   But when Armageddon - the Day of Jehovah arrives, those hardened god-haters will pay the ultimate price. 

I remember this argument being brought up on another forum..so I dug a bit deeper…..I cannot remember everything but basically..Gods people at the time were acting in a manner not pleasing to him at the time…I cannot remember what they did or their attitude but they bore some responsibility for that judgement,,,they were not in good standing before Jehovah at the time….but I cannot remember what they were doing to displease him……then off course David made it all ten times worse….

1 hour ago, Thinking said:

Still doesn’t say the ark equals Jesus ….I remember that passage…didn’t like it then and still don’t …..since 2006…the brothers now say only Jesus can decide who will be saved….WE CANNOT…long time in coming I admit,…just goes to show you one must study and reason and not beleive everything written…nor have heart failure and run for the hills screaming ..in panic….one must use the oil in the lamp…..remember…the apostles preached the kingdom had come on their first mission….they no doubt had to eat those words….there are a number of things the WT has had to be humbled on….this is one ….

Sereko you are as shallow and panicked out as they come…you must learn to reason….the WT is not the Bible …it is not holy….those who write it are not holy…it’s a tool…it’s a guidance which gets things wrong from time to time…and some who have written some things have had to eat humble pie…

I did not get my knickers In  A knot over that passage when I read it years ago….I sighed deeply and wondered how they ever passed it..and just who on earth wrote it…

Needless to say Bro Luciano gave a excellent talk recently on …..it is only Jesus who can Judge who will be saved NOBODY else can say that or even try to say it….he was politely letting us know..the above statement is wrong….

WTJWorg points out, as far as I can remember, two things related to “salvation”; these are place and state. The place is - the JW Congregation which is part of the WTS legal body. The condition is - full membership in the congregation as a baptized member or as an unbaptized member on the way to baptism, or an individual as part of the family being baptized.

It is not entirely clear to me that you are reprimanding me for some things while at the same time you see / look at things like me, and you notice the problems of the "YHVH organization".

@Srecko Sostar "WTJWorg describes its organization as a “place of salvation,” as Noah’s ark."

8 hours ago, Thinking said:

The Ark DOES NOT REPRESENT THE ORG….that thought was put forth by Rutherford…and it has been corrected…Russell had the correct understanding .

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

These people always throw bait - they do not care about Jehovah. They pretend to be interested in the light..... but are they really? 

7 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Confused i am. Because quote from 2006 said:

Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization.https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006366

6 hours ago, Arauna said:
7 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization.

And you are no part of it...... so it seems.

She undoubtedly believes that the organization is the means of salvation, but here comes the conflict:

@Arauna - No the Org. is NOT the means to our salvation... but Jesus' ransom  and his father Jehovah. 

I notice double blindness is rampant among JWs, a deflecting of any evidence verifying what the GB teaches, and what a JW may believe.  As Arauna many times does, they seem to pick and choose the doctrines they prefer, or the wording they prefer, while dismissing what the leaders may teach in that regard. This, while still holding in reverence, the self-elected position of these false teachers. (Matt 24:24,25; 48-51)  Only exjws who bring out the conflict of belief, as Srecko did, are the “haters”, those with "OCD". JWs can question a doctrine, perhaps realizing it is a lie, and at the same time support the leaders who taught the lie.  That's really all that a JW must do to preserve their place in the organization.  And like Arauna, they are not aware of their own “present truth” – present truth for that year, and for that month. Obviously, Wt. doctrine is hard to keep up with. 

The labels “governing body”, “faithful slave”, “elders”, “organization”, are defended, ruthlessly.  Truths and lies can come and go, but according to Samuel Herd, UNITY to those labels, to the concept behind them; unity practiced at all costs, and defense of men -  their idol and their bogus leadership -  are the only glue that holds these blind people captive in the Wt. (Col 2:8; Rev 13:10; 3:17)

I have four geese, two male, two female, who defend their nest when they are put up each evening.  No matter what feed, what treats they are given, the males attack ruthlessly.  They could starve to death if allowed, if I walked away and let them defend their “organized” haven.  Yes, if I let them, they would create their own famine, just as JWs have done, out of blind spiritual, stiff-necked stupidity.  (Amos 8:11; Rev 18:8)

They refuse to face the truth.  2 Thess 2:9-12

How to identify true prophets

Such is the nature of geese.

Such is the nature of people.

Get used to it, there’s no way to get around it short of global thermonuclear war where everything is destroyed except the cockroaches,

To quote the Eagles, “don’t let the sound of your own wheels … make you crazy.“

I also would Highly recommend to everyone to read the entirety of TTH’s link above!

I did find the book on line for free, (…. Don’t forget, Chapter Three) as the copyright has long expired, and here ‘tis.:

I, robot.pdf

On a related note, from America’s greatest religious news source:

JERUSALEM—Religious experts have begun voicing concerns that a local carpenter’s disinformation is spreading among Israelites most susceptible to unapproved ideas.

“Visit your nearest synagogue for the latest information on how to obey God. Listen to the experts!” A contingent of authorities in Jewish law spoke out against the carpenter’s simple teaching about loving God and your neighbor. “Follow the data—we need tithes, loopholes, and ever-changing rules, not repentant hearts!”

The usually divided Pharisees, Sadducees, and Scribes showed solidarity in fact-checking Jesus’s teaching. “We rate Jesus’s teaching as ‘Needs Context,’" said a spokesman for the group.

Eyewitnesses have confirmed that a group of Independent Fact Checkers followed the carpenter around holding large signs with disclaimers above his head: “SINCE YOUR SERMON INCLUDES INFORMATION ABOUT OBEYING GOD’S LAW, WE’VE ADDED DIRECTIONS TO THE NEAREST SYNAGOGUE.”

At publishing time, the religious experts were conspiring with the government to keep the dangerous disinformation from spreading into Judea, Samaria, or to the uttermost parts of the earth.

This man shared misinformation online, so the Ministry of Truth -- err, sorry, the Disinformation Governance Board -- detained him for questioning. Will he stand strong in the face of torture?

F59F8B42-C2D1-4609-BACB-C96E9AF01E4C.jpeg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.