The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

53 minutes ago, Arauna said:

The differences do not in any way shape or change the fundamental truths. 

Then it is really strange how once the fundamental truth was that YHVH commands the worship of Christ, and now you believe in another truth. Has the biblical text, translation, interpretation, or anything else changed?

https://ia600902.us.archive.org/5/items/WatchtowerLibrary/magazines/w/w1939_E.pdf

image.png

• Views 14.8k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Remember that are not to bond together, and the anointed are not be sought out? 

This is rubbish. That would be like saying you can't bond with your brothers and sisters or seek out friends from other congregations.

You know very well that what was meant was that the anointed should not group together for the purpose of organizing a kind of "elite" club and separating themselves from the rest of the flock. The anointed feel they do not need to do this in order to be members of Christ's body. Christ's body is not dependent on physical or spiritual closeness only with each other. The anointed know they are part of Christ's body and humbly work with the congregation they are at, encouraging and supporting the rest of the flock. The Christian congregation does not consist of "us" and "them" but it is one united flock. It is after their resurrection all anointed will be physically together in heaven with Jesus, and they humbly wait for this. "Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance.  It is reserved in the heavens for you"  (1 Peter 1:3,4 )

On 5/10/2022 at 7:12 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

Though the crazy faux-anointed person here appends scriptures to her comments for tonnage

She also insists that we believe that 99.9% of people will be destroyed (or whatever number it is) because Br. Lett said so, and that Br.Lett (or was it Morris) also decides who is wicked. I find it too tedious to argue such nonsense...

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Modestly, anointed ones acknowledge that they do not necessarily have more holy spirit than those with an earthly hope. They do not claim to have special knowledge or revelations; neither do they try to prove that they are in some way superior. They would also never suggest to others that these too have been anointed and should start partaking; rather, they would humbly acknowledge that it is Jehovah who does the calling of anointed ones. Wt 16/1

Flip these words around:

Immodestly, the GB claim to have more holy spirit than their anointed brothers and sisters.  They claim that you must listen only to them and their special knowledge that they receive from "Jehovah's organization" (how does THAT work?).  They try to prove that they are superior and demand obedience to them and their doctrine. They certainly suggest that they have been anointed, and that "Jehovah" chose them to be the one and only "faithful and discreet slave".  

Yes, you're good at twisting and flipping words around I must admit.

23 minutes ago, Anna said:

You know very well that what was meant was that the anointed should not group together for the purpose of organizing a kind of "elite" club and separating themselves from the rest of the flock.

You mean, like the elder body who attend their own meetings and attend elder schools – a privileged appointment of men who say they “represent the royal priesthood”?  Is this what you mean? 

24 minutes ago, Anna said:

The anointed feel they do not need to do this in order to be members of Christ's body.

Only because men in power have told them this. Do you hold these men up to the level of the apostles?  

The scriptures tells us that they must bond.  1 Cor 12:14-26

The apostles were active priests.  Only your organization has taken away their activity as a collective body.  Nowhere in the word of God does it say that the anointed are to remain idle until the Kingdom of God.  Eph 2:20-22

I am presenting scripture to uphold my point.  You are presenting the doctrine of men to uphold their organization’s requirements.  None of that doctrine harmonizes with what the scriptures teach about the anointed ones.

“But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light”  1 Pet 2:5

The anointed in your organization cannot proclaim God’s praises of truth, without men regulating what they say.   Oh, and they cannot act as priests since the elders have replaced them!  (Mal 2:7; 2 Thess 2:3,4)

The organization is a stumbling block for the anointed.  They have receded in the background, not following the example that the apostles set out for them.

Nevertheless, I have written to remind you more boldly on some points[i] because of the grace given me by God 16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, serving as a priest of the gospel of God. God’s purpose is that the Gentiles may be an acceptable offering, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.  Rom 15:15,16

If you love the arrangement that you see in the Wt., you are obeying the doctrine of men, over the word of God.  Ezek 44:6-9

12 minutes ago, Anna said:

She also insists that we believe that 99.9% of people will be destroyed (or whatever number it is) because Br. Lett said so, and that Br.Lett (or was it Morris) also decides who is wicked. I find it too tedious to argue such nonsense...

I gave you quotes from your magazines that uphold Lett's words, and do not uphold your thoughts on the matter.  That was my point.  There is no distinction between those who reject the JW message at the door as the wicked,  from what the articles say the wicked include - which is all people found outside of the organization.  

3 minutes ago, Witness said:

, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light”  1 Pet 2:5

Do you not think the anointed don't do this? I know for sure they do.

4 minutes ago, Witness said:

Oh, and they cannot act as priests since the elders have replaced them! 

I know three anointed brothers who are also elders.

5 minutes ago, Witness said:

They have receded in the background

It seems this is what your main gripe is really about

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Then it is really strange how once the fundamental truth was that YHVH commands the worship of Christ, and now you believe in another truth. Has the biblical text, translation, interpretation, or anything else changed?

https://ia600902.us.archive.org/5/items/WatchtowerLibrary/magazines/w/w1939_E.pdf

image.png

Interesting, isn't it?  That "new light" removes the light source in Christ.  John 8:12

1 hour ago, Anna said:

Do you not think the anointed don't do this? I know for sure they do.

I know three anointed brothers who are also elders.

It seems this is what your main gripe is really about

How many elders are there world-wide?

From what I understand, there were around 20,000 who were partakers during your memorial.  Excluding those who partook that are not anointed, and women, what number is left that could serve in the capacity of your elders worldwide?  Throwing out three men who are both elders and anointed is a moot point considering the massive size of the elder body.

These anointed elders are working alongside “representatives” of God’s priests. Because of their blindness, or stubbornness, they don’t realize that they are “living stones” of God’s Temple/”house”/sanctuary in Spirit.  They “are” the Temple -  1 Pet 2:5; 1 Cor 3:16; Eph 2:20-22

No one was to “represent” God’s priesthood in the early temples. (Ezek 44:6-9; 2 Chron 13:9) In the days of Uzziah, what happened when he brazenly offered incense in the Temple?  (2 Chron 26:18)  The priests came after him. 

Uzziah, with a firepan in his hand to offer incense, was enraged. But when he became enraged with the priests, in the presence of the priests in the Lord’s temple beside the altar of incense, a skin disease broke out on his forehead. 20 Then Azariah the chief priest and all the priests turned to him and saw that he was diseased on his forehead. They rushed him out of there. He himself also hurried to get out because the Lord had afflicted him. 2 Chron 26:19,20

For whatever was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that we may have hope through endurance and through the encouragement from the Scriptures.”  Rom 15:4

Your anointed elders are not defending the spiritual Temple from “Gentiles” not sanctioned as God’s priests.  God’s Temple is built on the anointed.  The “man of lawlessness” “sits” (to set, appoint, to confer a kingdom on one )  in God’s Temple.  2 Thess 2:3,4

The elder body have appointed themselves as God’s priests,  and are ruling as a “kingdom” over the anointed priests/Temple of God. 

There is no other entity in the world, that can fulfill the coming of the man of lawlessness.  JWs who love their arrangement in the elder body and organization, are condoning the existence of the man of lawlessness; preferring their “organizational arrangement” over the arrangement God had put in place in his Son. 

“Then I was given a measuring reed like a rod, with these words: “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count those who worship there. But exclude the courtyard outside the temple. Don’t measure it, because it is given to the Gentiles, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.”  Rev 11:1,2

When the anointed are replaced by elders not anointed there is no truth. (1 John 2:20)  Truth is thrown down to the ground.  (Dan 8:11,12)

Ha-ha.  I just laugh at the ridiculousness!  Witness and Srecko  quote an old watchtower and you have a peeve with that!  LOL.

I have repeated so often on this forum that one must put historical actions and attitudes in the light of the period.

If I had the right to go through your life and nitpick it like you do the witnesses  - I am sure I will find some very strange things in there.  Especially the things you did, especially if you grew up in the 60s, 70s, or 80s.   Millennials find our big hair and bell bottoms very funny.  Well, the things people found acceptable in that time was good enough for them..... the light is getting brighter! 

In the 60s in USA many people who came in the truth still had racist ideas - earlier then that there was lynching's etc. 

While they never allowed racism in the congregations, I am sure that black brothers did not always feel comfortable and wondered why the anointed were mostly white.  There are so many things we can find  with a nitpicking attitude to be judgmental...... and I always notice this in your comments  that you do not have a good historical sense.  You want the truth to be truth with no changes......... people may not change or you hold their feet to the fire!

Well - I am a witness because they are indeed prepared to make changes and grow...... they do not stay stagnant without moving forward in understanding!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.