The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

• Views 14.7k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Isn’t the Society building a hundred million dollar movie and video production facility close to Ramapo New York?
I admit I have lost track since Caleb and Sophia graduated from high school, and started working.

Yes, but it is really underground bunkers for the GB & Co because they think thy can hide for YHWH and Yeshua when the true judgement comes. Ramapo will have secret tunnels to Warwick just like the tunnels in the old buildings, and there have been some, um, stories about those old tunnels.

Now as for the money to build those underground bunkers, that is why they are selling lots of Kingdom Halls, but dear old Tom thinks they are selling K H for good purposes. :) 

A thought :  If Armageddon is sooooo close, and if the GB et al, think that the Watchtower / JW Org will be 'closed down' by Satan's wicked governments/ rulers, then why are the GB et al, wasting good money building massive projects which will be seized by Satan's world very soon ?  I think that is known as 'putting all your eggs in one basket'. 

Whereas if the True Anointed had H/Qs in many different countries and the money was in those different countries, it could be used in a much more useful way in serving YHWH. However those of us with common sense know that the GB are not at all interested in serving YHWH or Yeshua at all.  

Do you really think YHWH and / or Yeshua want this huge Ramapo movie project ? Seriously ? 

8 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

If they sell it, it’s because the sale of one underperforming Hall in the West can fund the building of 50 in developing lands where they are clamoring for them. So someone has a longer drive twice a week so that 50X friends overseas have a place to meet? Who would object to that?

So funny tom. The money is being used to build Ramapo fairyland and to pay for expences at Warwick.

One thing that always struck me as funny was that the Watchtower Leaders / GB were always saying that JWs should just have very basic jobs and lead a 'simple lifestyle' BUT then the Watchtower mags would say that JWs should always have a nice modern car and nice modern clothes, because they represent the JW Org. 

Now they also tell JWs to drive more miles to get to the KH every week and even more miles to get to an assembly / convention. BUT don't go looking for higher wages or a better job. 

It just shows two things, 1, that the GB want complete control over JWs, 2, that the GB are completely out of touch with the real life outside the Org. 

Oh, I dunno …..

I enjoy studying Quantum Physics, even though one of the best at it that ever lived, Richard Feynman, commented:  “Anyone who thinks he understands quantum physics, does not understand quantum physics.”

The way I look at the fact that the WTB&TS  is,and has been wrong about many things is comparing it to celestial navigation.

Celestial navigation can get you from anywhere on Earth to any other place on Earth with precision to about 140 feet … but is based on the false assumption that the Earth is the center of the Universe.

…… close enough.

261606AE-5FDA-49A9-AFC3-C534409A96EC.jpeg

1 hour ago, WalterPrescott said:

the occasion of the 100th anniversary of cinema, the Vatican compiled a list of 45 "great films".

I didn't know that. Thanks. I just looked up the list on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films

I have only seen 11 of them. One of my favorites on the list was "A Man For All Seasons" that they showed at Bethel in 1976. For a while, they would show one movie per month in the Brooklyn Heights Kingdom Hall at 107 Columbia Heights. This was the only one I got to see because of the time they showed them. Mid-Saturday morning, I think it was.

6 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Isn’t the Society building a hundred million dollar movie and video production facility close to Ramapo New York?
I admit I have lost track since Caleb and Sophia graduated from high school, and started working.

I thought that was being built over here,,

7 minutes ago, Thinking said:

I thought that was being built over here,,

I think it was the "set" --the scenery, the backgrounds, the landscape -- chosen from a brother's property over there. It would be used for the initial productions of the "Life of Jesus" videos. Probably will work for several more similar videos down the road, too. All the post-production on the video will likely still be done in NY. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.