The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

• Views 14.7k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

Of course, there is “How to Teach Your Baby to Read”, by Glen Doman, and the sequal “Potty Training, Self Taught”., and for Conservative Parents only, “Firearm Maintenance for Toddlers”.

8 minutes ago, Anna said:

Hey! I like country music!

Yes, I compare it as the American equivalent of the old folk music in European countries. Negro spirituals is another brand of American folk which came from suffering.  The old Scottish, the highly religious ones, used to sing spiritual songs in the theme and answer style which is very much similar to the African style of singing (main theme and a group which answers).  These two styles blended when the Africans sang of their pain in the new religion. 

36 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Of course, there is “How to Teach Your Baby to Read”, by Glen Doman,

We went through all the Glenn Doman’s number cards with our babies, I am convinced to good effect—and even in the event it was not it was fun and took almost no time.

At one point, following a Doman cue, we asked our infant to pick up 57, as opposed to 56 and 58, dots all mixed up with no underlying pattern—the number written on the back so you would know. Instantly he did. But Doman said you can’t do it twice; infants get bored and they will not do it for show. Sure enough, when we tried, he would not.

Coincidence? Dunno. It was a one out of three chance, after all, so coincidence is certainly possible.  But he reached for it instantly, with no hesitation at all.

The point was, in building your baby’s ‘better’ brain (Yikes!—Building Back Better) that if you see 3 or 4 cows in the field you instantly read them for their true number, but at some point you must start counting, 1…2…3…4…5…. The idea with the flash cards for an infant’s rapidly expanding brain was that you could push way up that point at which you had to start counting; that it could take in 56 at a glance. Doman’s flash cards went up to 100. 

15 minutes ago, Anna said:

Hey! I like country music!

A lot of false religion in Country music. Songs about going to heaven, churchy stuff, and silly stuff like 'Ghost Riders in the Sky'. My dad liked Marty Robbins songs but I've been told that is more Western than Country. 

Bur hey, two 'sisters' I knew liked Meatloaf 'Bat Out of Hell'  and an Elder I knew liked Queen 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.  

I suppose it's all ok-ish if you just like the basic sound and not the actual words. 

12 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Bur hey, two 'sisters' I knew liked Meatloaf 'Bat Out of Hell'  and an Elder I knew liked Queen 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.  

I suppose it's all ok-ish if you just like the basic sound and not the actual words. 

Actually, if you listen to the words of ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ they are not objectionable at all. They are an exposure of the Devil’s M. O, the great wickedness people are capable of.

But I had to draw the line somewhere. I couldn’t very well gush on about ‘Sympathy for the Devil,’ as though I were a fan. Nor did I listen to the words for many decades, so it took me forever to realize just what the theme was.

37 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Actually, if you listen to the words of ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ they are not objectionable at all. They are an exposure of the Devil’s M. O, the great wickedness people are capable of.

But I had to draw the line somewhere. I couldn’t very well gush on about ‘Sympathy for the Devil,’ as though I were a fan. Nor did I listen to the words for many decades, so it took me forever to realize just what the theme was.

I still love meatloaf….never heard sympathy for the devil..

9 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Well, it’s been about nine hours since someone other than myself made a comment so to fill in the time until someone else makes a comment, I will just post my latest meme.

It’s a variation of ones that I’ve posted before, with a slight twist, based on things that have been discussed here.

When Jesus said that “this generation will not pass away until all these things occur……”, it’s my firm belief that the understanding that the apostles had at the time this was spoken, is the understanding that we should have today.

HOW DID THEY UNDERSTAND JESUS’  WORDS?

I have no idea what that is, and pragmatically I suspect it is already occurred, and whether it’s in the past, present, or future, there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it.

(satire alert)

10D3987D-AF98-4746-B17B-00CC7C1D58BE.jpeg

Actually sometimes you talk like that blackboard…but hey …who’s got it all right..

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.