The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

1 hour ago, xero said:

People who whine about anointed stuff are just a bunch of Karens.

Matthew 24 : 22

English Standard Version
"And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short."

Well I think this shows that YHWH and Yeshua think the Anointed are IMPORTANT. 

So if you, xero, want to think otheriwise it may be to your own detriment. 

• Views 14.7k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Ha-ha.  I just laugh at the ridiculousness!  Witness and Srecko  quote an old watchtower and you have a peeve with that!  LOL.

I have repeated so often on this forum that one must put historical actions and attitudes in the light of the period

If you really think like that you would put the scriptures in 'the light of the period'.

For instance the Blood issue. If you put that in the 'light of the period' the disciples would have known that people of that period actually drank blood. They would not have known about blood transfusions. It would not have been common knowledge. So, that scripture would have refered to drinking blood. 

If you think that the Leaders / writers of the Watchtower were guided by Holy Spirit from their beginnig then those writers should have got things right from the very beginning of their writing the Watchtower. 

You seem to contradict yourself in so many ways. 

2 hours ago, xero said:

People who whine about anointed stuff are just a bunch of Karens.

Every one of them should whine loudly in defense of the Temple of God.  And if they whine loud enough and speak up for truth in Christ's teachings, you as an elder (if you are still an elder) are allowed by your leadership to disfellowship them, indicating by a lie that they no longer are spiritually alive in God’s eyes.  (John 16:2,3; Rev 13:15)

But that is a good thing, sacrificing the life they had known, perhaps loved, to follow Jesus Christ who is truth.  John 14:6

“For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of me will save it.”  Luke 9:24

"I know your works. Look, I have placed before you an open door that no one can close because you have but little power; yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name."  Rev 3:8

12 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Ha-ha.  I just laugh at the ridiculousness!  You quote a very old watchtower and you have a peeve with that!  LOL.

You misjudged my feelings. I don’t care in that context, because I’m beyond/outside your JW concept. Drawing “old light” into the light of present time and present context serves to illustrate the WTJWorg context. ;) 

18 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I have repeated so often on this forum that one must put historical actions and attitudes in the light of the period.

If the historical context is to show that former JW leaders were only in some kind of "theological error", so their false beliefs should not be taken for evil, not to be blamed, then on the basis of such "historical experience" we should expect the same recklessness of today's JW theologian.

Because, why would it be any different? Just because today is 2022, not 1939? What kind of guarantee is that? Today, these JWs are smarter (have spirit) more than their predecessors were before?

27 minutes ago, Arauna said:

You want the truth to be truth with no changes.........

So you're suggesting that the truth needs to be adapted to the "historical context"? Then you tear down your own claim, that the truth is always the truth. 

If the context of the event needs to change the conclusion about what is right and what is wrong (true and false), then we have a bigger problem than the one we are discussing.

The context of the event can help in understanding how and why something happened. For example, JW committed adultery. Circumstances of how it came about and what happened next can help someone understand the person and the situation. Will our knowledge of the circumstances (context) of the event simultaneously create our feelings about the person and will some justify him and others condemn him? Probably yes. But what should JW conclude about whether adultery is allowed or not? What does "religious truth" conclude about this?

54 minutes ago, Arauna said:

In the 60s in USA many people who came in the truth still had racist ideas

What should I conclude from that fact? That the truth turned a blind eye to racism and allowed the practice of racism in the JW Congregation because U.S. law legalized the lie about whites and blacks?

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

You want the truth to be truth with no changes.

Isn't that what Jesus expects of those whom he "sends"?  

John 15:16 - “It is not that you have chosen me; but it is I who have chosen you. I have appointed you to go and bear fruit that will be lasting; so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you."

Wt's changes are drastic, never holding the light of truth. Truth at its core, always radiates light in Christ.  It is valid truth.  It can't be argued away as lie.

Of this "truth", there is no core of light to build upon.  It is all a lie -     

1971 "Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom." (The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah; 1971; 2nd ed.; p. 216)

I tried going to the JW website to get more surrounding information.  The book is not available there.  Maybe it held too many "truths" that weren't really truths?  One obvious "truth" that no longer is truth according to your leaders, is the "antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom".  Did you know they erased that as "truth"?

8 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

the elect those days

The anointed are anointed for a different job- mostly in future. They cannot rule as kings here on earth or be priests right now......They now have the job of preaching ..... to declare the wonderful things about jehovah.  Sadly, some lose their way and start to demand privileges. 

8 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

seem to contradict yourself in so many ways

There is no contradiction..... . One cannot conflate all history into "one box" of the present. One must see all history in its context of time.....  Modern people do not walk around with elaborate hair braiding done by slaves ike the Greeks and Roman's did.....but it is the principle which must be upheld. 

Similarly, people today still eat whole blood in many foods and misuse whole blood in satanic rituals, as well as many other ways. If one applies  the principle out of love for God, you will abstain from blood and respect the life it represents. 

In order to obey as far as possible one will educate yourself about modern equivalents.  Such as the use of blood in creating fake meats etc. 

51 minutes ago, Arauna said:

modern equivalents.

In the ancient Israeli congregation, rich people and the nobility had slaves.
In the new WTJWorg congregation, religious leaders have volunteers.

After the volunteer workers invest their labor and money in building the JW hall, GB sells it and keeps the money in the corporation.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.