The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In the new WTJWorg congregation, religious leaders have volunteers.

When a thread reaches a point were the slanderers have nothing more to say than to openly attack and slander...... I guess the thread is done. 

• Views 14.7k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

After the volunteer workers invest their labor and money in building the JW hall, GB sells it and keeps the money in the corporation.

If they sell it, it’s because the sale of one underperforming Hall in the West can fund the building of 50 in developing lands where they are clamoring for them. So someone has a longer drive twice a week so that 50X friends overseas have a place to meet? Who would object to that?

Notice how the “bad and worthless” men objected when David proposed a similar equalizing scheme: 

However, every bad and worthless man among those who had gone with David said: “Since they did not go with us, we will not give them any of the spoil that we recovered except that each one may take his wife and his sons and go away.”  But David said: “You must not do this, my brothers, with what Jehovah has given us. He protected us and gave into our hand the marauder band that came against us.

Why would you promote being bad and worthless?

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

If they sell it, it’s because the sale of one underperforming Hall in the West can fund the building of 50 in developing lands where they are clamoring for them.

Most Croatian citizens are richer than those living in Africa, that is true. But we are actually among the poorer EU countries.
When an ordinary and average JW with a modest income gives money and / or work to build a KH, and then the WTJWorg sells that same hall, without a congregational resolution and without any monetary or material reimbursement to those brothers and sisters, then that is very rude and dishonest. And such examples are not lacking.

Bethel could at least invite them to a barbecue, drinks and cakes to celebrate the sale. :))

46 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I guess those who drive longer and pay more gasoline for more kilometers. :))

And gas prices rose. David was very distressed because the worldmedianewsforum perennial gripers were talking of stoning him, for all the men had become very bitter over their KH sold to build 50 in developing lands, making them drive further, and they wanted to stone him for a million other reasons too. But David strengthened himself by Jehovah his God. (1 Samuel 30: 5-6) #freewheelingversion.

21 hours ago, Arauna said:

Millennials find our big hair and bell bottoms very funny.  Well, the things people found acceptable in that time was good enough for them..... the light is getting brighter! 

Those teachings were taught at definite truth.  That is deceit, not that is was "good enough" for those people who believed it WAS truth, and from Jesus Christ.  Can't you see the blasphemy involved by telling people that they should believe a doctrine as truth, only to find out they were deceived?  That is the clear sign of a false prophet, a false teacher; men who speak from their own heart's desires, their own mind.  They are not led by Holy Spirit. (Luke 6:45; 2 Cor 11:15)

"The one who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him."  John 7:18

Bell bottoms are back, and the Millennials are wearing them.  Styles come and go, and come again. Your example does sum up Wt teachings.  What will be the next subject of your teaching of “this generation”, worldly people, or the anointed?  Which teaching will you be “wearing” at the doors a few years down the road?  Ezek 13:17,18

generation-teachings.jpg

Generation

21 hours ago, Arauna said:

No my dear - only a stumbling block for those who have BIG egos. They do not fit in.

I don’t read witness for obvious reasons but the only annoited that get stumbled out ..are those with too much pride…in the footsteps of the father of the lie…and they just go on to travel down his path .

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Most Croatian citizens are richer than those living in Africa, that is true. But we are actually among the poorer EU countries.
When an ordinary and average JW with a modest income gives money and / or work to build a KH, and then the WTJWorg sells that same hall, without a congregational resolution and without any monetary or material reimbursement to those brothers and sisters, then that is very rude and dishonest. And such examples are not lacking.

Bethel could at least invite them to a barbecue, drinks and cakes to celebrate the sale. :))

Can we drink till we are merry?

12 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In the ancient Israeli congregation, rich people and the nobility had slaves.
In the new WTJWorg congregation, religious leaders have volunteers.

After the volunteer workers invest their labor and money in building the JW hall, GB sells it and keeps the money in the corporation.

Don’t let it unsettle you…after seven years they will have their freedom with something to help with their new way of life.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.