The World News Media

Sam Herd Compares Shunning your own Children to Casting out Demons.

Jack Ryan

On 9/24/2018 at 3:06 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

This idea promoted by WT not sound reasonable, not have common sense, and in fact generated what you very well described as;  

"it would become a dysfunctional family unit"

I think we may be understanding what "family unit" means differently.

family unit - Collins English Dictionary.

(ˈfæmlɪ ˈjuːnɪt)
noun
sociology
a social group traditionally consisting of parents and children
the traditional family unit of mother, father and two children

• Views 6.4k
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Recently (like this last week), I was attending to our JW publication cart at our local library.  We (the sister with me) were approached by a guy dressed like a country music wannabe with cowboy hat

Strange how he doesn't quote a bible verse, he just states that the Bible "clearly says" you should shun your family members, your own children. If the Bible clearly says you should do that, why

WT magazine quote: "The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue." source: https://www.jw.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Anna said:

I think we may be understanding what "family unit" means differently.

family unit - Collins English Dictionary.

(ˈfæmlɪ ˈjuːnɪt)
noun
sociology
a social group traditionally consisting of parents and children
the traditional family unit of mother, father and two children

Yes, yes, in technical terms, in mathematics way of explanation we can say that.

If one potato living basket he is not part of that basket. But he is still potato grew up in the same pot/peace of soil and got the attributes of his family. So practicality, spiritually and by genetic he is part of that very family. If they don't want talk to each other that is their problem. Such "detail" (about their dis-functionality) is not reason to reject the indisputable fact how they belong to each other by blood. And have all legal and human obligations to each other by the both laws, God's and Terrestrial. :))) 

One of fundamental law is to have conversation. And NOT to ignoring other by silence. Ok, when you are angry you will not speak for awhile, but angry must stop before sun goes down, :)))))) Bible said, haha  

7 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Yes, yes, in technical terms, in mathematics way of explanation we can say that.

If one potato living basket he is not part of that basket. But he is still potato grew up in the same pot/peace of soil and got the attributes of his family. So practicality, spiritually and by genetic he is part of that very family. If they don't want talk to each other that is their problem. Such "detail" (about their dis-functionality) is not reason to reject the indisputable fact how they belong to each other by blood. And have all legal and human obligations to each other by the both laws, God's and Terrestrial. :))) 

One of fundamental law is to have conversation. And NOT to ignoring other by silence. Ok, when you are angry you will not speak for awhile, but angry must stop before sun goes down, :)))))) Bible said, haha  

You do not need mathematics and or complex and sound equations to know what a Family Unit is.

I'd also like to say, someone can be part of your family even though they are not of blood, example, adopting a child, taking in a pet, etc.

You can be a billionaire, and have everything in the world, money can replace anything in the house, however, money cannot replace family members, for if one ceases, such one cannot be replaced, be it man or beast.

The verse you are looking for is Ephesians 4:26, which reads: Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,

On 9/30/2018 at 3:22 AM, Space Merchant said:

I'd also like to say, someone can be part of your family even though they are not of blood, example, adopting a child, taking in a pet, etc.

Well said. And If JW parents adopt some non JW baby, after several years son/daughter get baptized as JW and after some time stop to be JW by diss or dfd. Then what would happen? This adopted child would be abandoned and ignored by foster family. What a beautiful life !?     

13 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Well said. And If JW parents adopt some non JW baby, after several years son/daughter get baptized as JW and after some time stop to be JW by diss or dfd. Then what would happen? This adopted child would be abandoned and ignored by foster family. What a beautiful life !?     

This is where you fail here, Srecko Sostar, I pointed this out because you yourself think the family unit is of blood only, has nothing to do with JWs, but if your heart wants to make it as such, anyone who is subjected to anything that results in grounds for excommunication, all church ties are cut.

At least if you are not going to go about on your own word, do not make the obvious shift and or change.

Anything in relation to Excommunication/Expelling still stands be it of blood relative and or adopted one, for church ties be it restored and or cut effects anyone.

That being said, I admire your effort and attempt, but no cigar. If you forget what you said and as to what I made a response to, re-read everything you posted prior to this response.

Also we have yet to see where you are getting Mathematics from, of which remains to be.... Unseen.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.