The World News Media

CHINA: Fake News vs. Real News

JW Insider

On 12/10/2021 at 11:29 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

Isn’t China on the cusp of assimilating Taiwan, a island nation that doesn’t want to be assimilated?

No. China is not on the cusp of assimilating Taiwan. China wants the status quo here, just as most of Taiwan wants.

The Taiwanese are fear-mongered about an attack daily by US media. The US makes Taiwan pay for a lot of surplus non-working military equipment because it serves as kind of a symbol that the US will back Taiwan in case they try to start a war of independence from China. The US has also used their bullying power in Taiwan to "steal" proprietary chip manufacturing technology from Taiwan. In fact, the current chip shortage is largely on account of Trump making it illegal for Taiwan to sell its chips directly to China without the threat of sanctions by the US. This has hurt American companies that rely on China for much of their manufacturing.

Much of this comes through sources like Radio Free Asia (run under Trump by Steve Bannon). The attempt to propgandize Taiwan has had an effect, of course, and literally millions are spent on this fear-mongering. I've read some interesting documentation on the way that the US still uses "Voice of America" "Radio Free Europe" and "Radio Free Asia" for propaganda. An interesting article from supposedly "neutral" NPR, that barely touches on the actual problem, will still raise some eyebrows just for the names it mentioned right there in the title:

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/14/986982387/falun-gong-steve-bannon-and-the-trump-era-battle-over-internet-freedom

Falun Gong, Steve Bannon And The Trump-Era Battle Over Internet Freedom

...The group's profile rose sharply in the U.S. during the Trump era. People with close ties to Falun Gong own The Epoch Times, which has promoted pro-Trump conspiracy theories in its pages and in videos posted to Facebook and YouTube. Falun Gong provided ballast for Trump's rhetoric against China. . . .

The article actually highlights (inadvertently, I think) one of the ways that millions of dollars were funneled to the Falun Gong cult because of their vicious attacks on communism. (Falun Gong is documented to have committed many knife attacks and murders in China, btw).

Back to Tiawan . . .

The best way to understand the Taiwan issue, I think, is to understand its history. Carl Zha has made a very long version of Taiwan's history in 4 parts (each too long) on YouTube. However, I think the most pertinent one is the one he made for an activist group called Code Pink which condenses some of the information down to about an hour. (Half hour if you can understand his accent at double-speed.)

In it he mentions the chip shortage relationship near the end. But I think the main point shows how the US has long accepted Taiwan as part of China proper even before communism in China ever existed, even though the US recognized the KMT government until Nixon affirmed that Taiwan was part of China in the 1970's. Carl Zha showed just how hilarious the recent HBO John Oliver special actually was, when one looks at the map to see the actual "no fly" zone that China encroached, and which was blown up internationally a potential attack warning against Taiwan. It turns out that this supposed "no fly" zone actually includes much of mainland China itself, as if China can't fly over China. I think you'll be surprised when you see even where John Oliver's chart admitted that China was flying, and see just how far it was from Taiwan, and how close it was to mainland China's own shoreline. Also, he points out that China's flight over it's own airspace was actually not even intended for Taiwan to notice, but that it was more likely a notice from China to the United States which was at the time doing joint military maneuvers in the China Sea with several western countries. Ironic, I'd say.

You'll probably want to ignore the anti-Imperialist rhetoric which provides the backdrop to the video, but I don't think there is any historical point in the video that anyone can rightly disagree with.

• Views 13.7k
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you one?….being a witness of the Almighty does not make us push overs..or doormats….I dont join in a lot here because it gets a bit childish ….but do not be mistaken Dmitar….Jesus is the Chief Com

Right here:  I’m working up a post on this one. Not quite there yet, but an excerpt is:  It didn’t take long for word to spread about the new UN statue—doesn’t it looks a lot like one

Oh great! You’ve doxxed them. Now they’ll be deluged with scammers and telemarketers! Good work, Bowser.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

fear-mongered about an attack daily by US media.

I do not think they look at USA media - The Americans think too much of themselves!  There is better sources to get behind the truth!

Falun Gong has been going on for 20 years and it has only received attention when the "financial pushing" came along about 5 years ago.  Before that - and even now- the CCP are doing as they please!  They have even listed the prices for body parts on the open market to try to give it legitimacy!

10 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

best way to understand the Taiwan issue,

Just look at the hong kong issue - you have a short memory! 

10 minutes ago, Arauna said:

They have even listed the prices for body parts on the open market to try to give it legitimacy!

Show me where and I'll believe you.

If you start here, for example (below), show me the claimed Chinese source of the information:

https://toysmatrix.com/chinese-regime-publicly-prices-human-organs-to-normalize-what-has-partly-been-black-market-trade-experts/

2 minutes ago, Arauna said:
14 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

best way to understand the Taiwan issue,

Just look at the hong kong issue - you have a short memory! 

This is exactly the kind of issue juggling I mentioned earlier. It keeps people from even taking the time to look at the details of any one single issue, because it's too easy to say, in effect: "Oh, you think I should look at the evidence about Taiwan? I don't have to. Just look at the Hong Kong issue." If the issue was Hong Kong, the same persons can say: "Oh, you think I should look at the evidence about Hong Kong? I don't have to. Just look at the Taiwan issue."

You only believe what you want to.  5 years ago I have saw Chinese doctors in the USA call the hospitals in China which do the transplants (60,000 a year - for money) - and ask about body parts for patients and when they can get them - usually within 2 weeks (perfectly matched!) 

You do not believe Stalin killed many of his own people; you keep apologizing for Mao se Tung and all the other atrocities - you believe your own version of rewritten history - as the  USA history has been rewritten too!   So why would you believe that china is doing bad things?  China is a paragon of virtue - because you have visited there and were not harassed!  .... and why not?  You did not ask any awkward questions or visit areas which are off-limits!

Funny that I have a  lady I met in the field which is too afraid to go back to china! Most of my friends who were teaching in China have all left in the last 2 years and will never go back.  Many of my friends here in Albania have lost teaching contracts in china because the CCP believe that western teachers will be sneaky and teach about freedom!

28 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

aiwanese are fear-mongered about an attack daily by US media.

The Chinese are entering their air space as often as they want to and make a show of their power.  They have done the same with all the other countries I mentioned above.  They have sunk boats! 

This is not about right or left wing stuff in USA - You keep quoting right wing are to blame - lol ...... That is left wing propaganda!

This is about the king of the north and its allies - and what they are getting up to.......not about left or right wing politics!

5 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Also, one of the (leftist) journalist/activists who is responsible for the first article just mentioned made a quick overview of the Uyghur issues (as he sees them) here. Starts about 5 minutes in:

It appears your defense of a regime is comprised with earthly politics. Once again, is this something Jehovah Witnesses do? Or can it be, you have a more personal attachment like a relative that deals with China and you wish not to harm that relationship by providing, false reports.

Only false religions with political aspirations are attached to the beast. Therefore, it appears, at least here, your organization is part of that dominion.

12 hours ago, Arauna said:

The organization has not said this... lumped all political power as the UN ..... The image of the beast is the UN and it gets life from the beast - this is in the bible.... and this is what they say.

They say it this way:

Bible Questions Answered p. 100

. "The scarlet-colored beast is an image, or likeness, of the worldwide political system."

And that way is very wrong.  You have decided not to compare the definition in the Bible of the meaning of “giving breath”(John 20:22) which is “spirit-directed”, a giving breath into the Beast/organization by a false prophet.  Rev 13:15.  The Beast was not divine – spiritually alive – until the false prophet “gave breath” to it; declaring the organization as "spirit-directed" by God.

“Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” 1 Cor 2:12-14

WT 1985/6/1 pp. 29-31“Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of

Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?”  

"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,  and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

"Jehovah's spirit-directed organization" - all JWs are "marked" by this name.  Another comparison...as it should be...

“And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.  You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."  Deut 6:6-9

“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."  Matt 6:24

If JWs are given a choice to serve God and Christ only, OR continue in their dedication to a spirit-directed organization, which will they choose?  The words of men and their earthly demon-inspired organization, or the words of God?

Again, we don’t see two different Beasts as you make it out to be, ending up in the lake of fire.  (Rev 19:20)

10 hours ago, JW Insider said:

When Twitter says "This account owner limits who can see their Tweets" it's actually a clever way of disingenuously expressing the idea that the account owner is limiting their viewability by not changing their view when Twitter doesn't want those views publicized.

I didn’t know that. The rats. I agree, it makes no sense to muzzle yourself on a mass media platform..

That much research you’ve done deserves a like.

I dunno, though. I did go through the entire video. Blumenthal touched on reports of North Korean defectors. Isn’t that the place where that kid swiped a flag for a souvenir, was sentenced to a million years hard labor, and was shipped back home a bit later as a vegetable? If Zenz (who I had not heard of —thank you for that) has issues that affect his credibility, I’m not sure Max doesn’t as well. 

8 hours ago, Witness said:

"The scarlet-colored beast is an image, or likeness, of the worldwide political system."

Yes because it is 'scarlet' and has blasphemous names ALL over (not just one the heads) - and it is an "Image"  not the beastly political system.....   get it?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.