The World News Media

CHINA: Fake News vs. Real News

JW Insider

9 hours ago, Dmitar said:

Only false religions with political aspirations are attached to the beast. Therefore, it appears, at least here, your organization is part of that dominion.

Knowing about something - does not 'attach' you to something!  Obeying something all the time makes you a slave of that something for sure.... who do you obey? 

• Views 13.7k
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you one?….being a witness of the Almighty does not make us push overs..or doormats….I dont join in a lot here because it gets a bit childish ….but do not be mistaken Dmitar….Jesus is the Chief Com

Right here:  I’m working up a post on this one. Not quite there yet, but an excerpt is:  It didn’t take long for word to spread about the new UN statue—doesn’t it looks a lot like one

Oh great! You’ve doxxed them. Now they’ll be deluged with scammers and telemarketers! Good work, Bowser.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Blumenthal touched on reports of North Korean defectors. Isn’t that the place where that kid swiped a flag for a souvenir, was sentenced to a million years hard labor, and was shipped back home a bit later as a vegetable?

For all I know, North Korea is a terrible place with a terrible government. Personally I suspect that N. Korea or perhaps some very stupid N Korean policemen) took advantage of an opportunity to get back at the US (or West) for continued spying along with economic and military harassment. 

I have noticed Max Blumenthal make exaggerations and mistakes on China. I think his reporting is much better on Central and South America. His Spanish is definitely better than his Chinese, which is pretty much non-existent. But I don't think he lost any credibility in his mention of N.Korean defectors specifically. Several of those S.Korean presentations have actually turned out to be completely faked. But the case of the imprisoned student in N.Korea truly was horrible.

I think that the N.Korea story was not about stealing a flag, but trying to steal a propaganda poster for his church back home (?!?). Getting 15 years hard labor for that is pretty crazy. BBC reported it this way: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40335169

A month after his arrest, he appeared at a news conference tearfully confessing to trying to take a sign from his hotel as a "trophy" for a US church.

"The aim of my task was to harm the motivation and work ethic of the Korean people," he said.

[Edited to add: Sounds to me like a very unlikely motivation, as if someone put those words in his mouth, as a kind of plea-bargain, but without any bargain.]

"The way his detention was handled was appalling and a tragedy like this must never be repeated," it [the Chinese company the student was touring with] said in a statement. . . .

North Korea said last week that it had released Mr Warmbier "on humanitarian grounds".

Shortly before he was freed, his parents told the Washington Post newspaper they had been informed by the North Korean authorities that their son had contracted botulism, a rare illness that causes paralysis, soon after his trial.

But a team of doctors assessing him in Cincinnati said they had found "no sign of botulism".

Doctors confirmed that there was no sign he had been physically abused during his detention, based on scans.

They believe respiratory arrest led to his condition, which is caused by a lack of oxygen and blood in the brain.

5 hours ago, Arauna said:

Yes because it is 'scarlet' and has blasphemous names ALL over (not just one the heads) - and it is an "Image"  not the beastly political system.....   get it?

EACH head/ruler of the Beast is covered with blasphemous names, from Russell to today’s spiritual Harlots/GB. Rev 13:1,11,12  Why? Because its very existence opposes, blasphemes the living Temple of God in the anointed ones. (Dan 11:15,16,31,32,36-38; Matt 24:15; Mark 13:14; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2)   It is the man of lawlessness that sits – RULES – over the anointed “living stones”, Temple/dwelling of God. (2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 13:18)  It is your organization.  Nowhere, in the scriptures does Christ or the apostles advocate the existence of an earthly organization, to replace the anointed Body of Christ.  When the GB is kicked out, the composite “eighth king” will continue to blaspheme the Temple of God.  Rev 17:12-14

Now, is the time to FLEE.  Rev 18:4-8

19 hours ago, Arauna said:

Most of my friends who were teaching in China have all left in the last 2 years and will never go back.

Yes. I also know about many Chinese teachers who live in China who were also part of this crackdown. China is cracking down on a whole industry that is being built up just to teach the passing of SAT tests, AP tests, etc. It moves much of public schooling into a private testing industry. Even in the USA it creates a kind of elitist system where richer families can afford to have children basically "tutored" into Ivy League colleges. Ultimately, this is to the detriment of a fair public schooling system.

But I also I know one US citizen who still teaches English in China (and this is where my info about the China crack-down comes from). Also my youngest son who was given two semesters of physics research in Beijing also considered a teaching job offer in China to supplement a low-paying research job there.

6 hours ago, Arauna said:

Knowing about something - does not 'attach' you to something!  Obeying something all the time makes you a slave of that something for sure.... who do you obey? 

How does your attitude comply with scripture? Are you implying a Christian should not be a slave to God? I obey my creator YHWH, who do you obey with being part of this world, when it shouldn't be invoked in a Christian life? Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

1 minute ago, Arauna said:

I asked this question because of your attitude - neither did your words comply with scripture.

None Responsive. I fail to see where my comment hurt you. Can you expand on how you being rude, makes me rude? Or is this something Jehovah's Witnesses often do to evade a question or comment?

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

See if he can get a job there now! Unless he has some secrets he can and is prepared to sell!

Since you brought up the issue of trading secrets, I wanted to point out the hypocrisy and prejudice that's so often involved in pushing cliche propaganda that this is a China-specific issue. China is already well ahead of the US in a lot of technologies including some used in military, satellites, quantum computer technology, bullet trains, physics research, etc. It's also well-known that there is a common complaint that China requires foreign companies who do business in China to be willing to transfer technology and trade secrets over to China as a condition of doing business there. Of course, these companies will cry foul when China actually makes use of the technology transfer.

But here is an interesting point from the video Carl Zha gave on Taiwan's history, just last month: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXTZuZWTSPo&t=3678s

It's one of the videos I already linked to earlier, and I'm sorry that both the interviewer and interviewee have a little trouble with English or clarity. So I doubt that anyone made it to the 58-minute mark when the topic of a bill in the US congress came up. I'll quote/paraphrase about three minutes of the conversation, because it bears directly on how a certain imperialist country might attempt a technology transfer:

Interviewer:

Question: What is the US Innovation and Competition Act, recently . . in Pentagon budget, Pelosi trying to take it to conference without bill in the House, with its companion bill supposed to be the Eagle Act [trying to pass it without putting it to a vote.] The Bill has to do with many things; it's huge. One thing is military funding for the Asia-Pacific. Provisions for more joint military exercises and operations with "the Quad" [US, Australia, India, Japan]. It has anti-China propaganda --funding for propaganda: $500 million for Radio Free Asia and outlets like that, such as the US Global Agency for Media. Provisions for "McCarthyist" surveilling of Chinese students and researchers. (Edited to add {not in video): Just last month, a Harvard professor lost funding for his research, and Harvard also went after American Harvard students of Chinese ethnicity working on research projects. I think this is what interviewer had in mind by adding the term "McCarthyist."] And then it has a lot of funding for science and research including microchips. So there is a Taiwan connection. Can you talk a little bit about that?

Interviewee [Carl Zha]:

Yeah let me talk about the semiconductors. Even John Oliver [HBO] talked about semiconductors. Taiwan manufactures most of the world's semiconductors. During the Trump administration, he forbids Taiwan to export semiconductors to mainland China (companies like Huawei). So now it's positioned like this, that "Now China might  invade Taiwan because they need semiconductors."  Now there's a shortage worldwide. Why? Because Trump, the US, also placed sanctions on semiconductors manufactured on mainland China, so that for any company that has a US business in China . . .e.g., General Motors a US company in China making cars for the Chinese market, can't use [local] Chinese semiconductors. The US artificially created a semiconductor shortage by US policy. US policy certainly made it a lot lot worse. [1:00:22] The US also demanded that the Taiwan semiconductors manufacturers will hand over their trade secrets to the US. They demanded a technology transfer. And Taiwan semiconductor [manufacturers] complied. This is kind of the fate of a US colony. You don't have a say. The US wants something from you; you have to submit, whether that means you have to pay for expensive useless high tech weapons or if it means you have to hand over trade secrets.

37 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

China is already well ahead of the US in a lot of technologies including some used in military, satellites, quantum computer technology, bullet trains, physics research,

Just this week another CCP employee was taken into custody for trading secrets - it does not matter if CCP are technologically ahead or not.... their vicious methods are as bad as CIA tactics and propaganda......  The problem I have with all your writings is that you are as naïve as can be.  It seems, you honestly believe the CCP are good boys and not capable of being bad to their own people ..... by everything you say in their defense.  You obviously do NOT believe they are an ally to the king of the north! 

Soon the west will adopt their tactics.  As I have long ago said on this forum - the UN and the EU and it seems now the entire south America - love the CCP surveillance state and will soon bring the entire world into similar passports which punish a person for eating to much meat, using too much energy,  asking questions about  the government  and so forth! 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.