Srecko Sostar

• Views 7.8k
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all. Thanks for the sentiments in the previous post. I don't plan to focus much on things said here anymore, so you're right that it isn't really going to matter much whether those details ab

I assume that Norway might have similarities to Denmark where religion is not taken all that seriously. (It took my sister about 12 years to finally get Danish citizenship after marrying a Dane and li

quote from document: The reasons for the decision The Religious Society Act sets several conditions for being able to receive state support. In our investigations, we uncovered several viola

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

in the more joyful, peaceful, kinder part  of the forum

I'll have to take your word for it, @JW Insider. You can't really feel "all the love" from the Closed JW Club through the Closed Door...

"You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain.  People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house.  Likewise, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens."

(Matthew 5:14-16)

"to the hungry, even what is bitter tastes sweet"

(Proverbs 27:7)

1 minute ago, boyle said:

When people think, they bring something perfect like you people, I would say, I have to use the Halon's razor principle once again. You should go back to school.

When you actually make a spelling mistake, like you always do, I'll let you know. 😏

I know I make mistakes all the time, and I welcome your correction. I was teasing you, @boyle, as you well know. 😝

36 minutes ago, boyle said:

I highly recommend delving into the insights of a PhD expert on this topic. I don't think you will understand, but it never hurts to try.

Dictionary for Theological Interpretation of the Bible (2005) pps. 244-246

I delved into the insights of this article. At least, I read it and found it very easy to understand. But didn't see why you recommended it. Did you think it was supportive of the so-called "overlapping generation" theory, or non-supportive. And in either case, was there something specific in that article you wanted to highlight?  If so, where?

Here's the 2005 edition, for reference pps:244-246:

244.png

245.png

246.png

12 minutes ago, boyle said:

Good, try applying the same principle when you slander. There, I corrected your grammar mistakes, happy! 😏

Yes, I am. 🥰 Thank you.

A rich man may have a banquet of well-oiled dishes to share, but he only invites his "friends" over...

A man of little means has only bitter greens to share but he offers them to anyone needy he meets coming down the road.

Which one is really following the course of hospitality?

(Luke 14:7-14)

May Jehovah bless you, @boyle, for sharing what you have.

(Hebrews 13:1,2)

4 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

I delved into the insights of this article. At least, I read it and found it very easy to understand. But didn't see why you recommended it. Did you think it was supportive of the so-called "overlapping generation" theory, or non-supportive. And in either case, was there something specific in that article you wanted to highlight?  If so, where?

Here's the 2005 edition, for reference pps:244-246:

244.png

245.png

246.png

Makes you wonder if the overlapping generations people skipped reading these parts of the Bible!...

"Just as I encouraged you to stay in Ephʹe·sus when I was about to go to Mac·e·doʹni·a, so I do now, in order for you to command certain ones not to teach different doctrine,  nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies. Such things end up in nothing useful but merely give rise to speculations rather than providing anything from God in connection with faith.  Really, the objective of this instruction is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy.  By deviating from these things, some have been turned aside to meaningless talk.  They want to be teachers of law, but they do not understand either the things they are saying or the things they insist on so strongly.  Now we know that the Law is fine if one applies it properly..."

(1 Timothy 1:3-8)

"But have nothing to do with foolish arguments and genealogies and disputes and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile.  As for a man who promotes a sect, reject him after a first and a second admonition,  knowing that such a man has deviated from the way and is sinning and is self-condemned."

(Titus 3:9-11)

1 hour ago, boyle said:

. I didn't imply what you and your ignorant friend are trying to accuse me of here.

As far as I know I’m not trying to accuse you of anything. I’ve said you’re given to outbursts of anger and have assumed an odd ‘commission,’ as though an ‘anointing’ to battles apostates. Other than that, no accusations at all.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

JWI doesn't understand along with that pimple dog, what makes you think you do?

I highly recommend delving into the insights of a PhD expert on this topic. I don't think you will understand, but it never hurts to try.

Those are “beauty marks” like Miss Kitty had on “Gunsmoke”.

Just kidding …. they are cartoon whiskers.

58A0C4B1-52CD-4366-A9D5-0CC85C9BD2E3.jpeg

0CC18515-141D-4A7C-8094-38863CBAB292.jpeg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.