Srecko Sostar

• Views 7.8k
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all. Thanks for the sentiments in the previous post. I don't plan to focus much on things said here anymore, so you're right that it isn't really going to matter much whether those details ab

I assume that Norway might have similarities to Denmark where religion is not taken all that seriously. (It took my sister about 12 years to finally get Danish citizenship after marrying a Dane and li

quote from document: The reasons for the decision The Religious Society Act sets several conditions for being able to receive state support. In our investigations, we uncovered several viola

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

She’s got you on that one boyle …. Set in concrete!

…it’s all spelled out in exact detail in Matthew 18, with the keystone being Matthew 18:15.

A9D88ED3-61EB-4EED-9EB4-E017C2DF8899.jpeg

Matthew 18:17 says to go to the "congregation".

Matthew 16:18 and Matthew 16:21 shows that the Greek words for "congregation" and "elders" are different.

If Jesus wanted a small committee, he wouldn't have used the word "congregation".

That elder committee secret judicial hearing thing is apostasy.

IMG_7828.png

IMG_7829.png

IMG_7830.png

IMG_7831.png

14 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

She’s got you on that one boyle …. Set in concrete!

…it’s all spelled out in exact detail in Matthew 18, with the keystone being Matthew 18:15.

A9D88ED3-61EB-4EED-9EB4-E017C2DF8899.jpeg

I see previously, boyle, that you downvoted the procedure Jesus specified for disciplining brothers and sisters in the Congregation.

Without any rebuttal.

Whazzamatter?

Cat got your tongue?

67B46392-59B3-4E81-BF7E-93E0BDD86C51.jpeg

20 minutes ago, boyle said:

Therefore, . . . answer the questions.

I know that the excerpt I just re-quoted here was for another poster, but it reminded me that you hadn't answered my question yet. Please let me know if you intend to answer the question about which part of that article on pages 244-246 gave the "insight" you wanted people to see. (I'm guessing that you meant "insight" that might have supported the current teaching about the "generation" that is sometimes misnamed: the "overlapping generations" doctrine.)

Ad hominem attacks are not a rebuttal of Jesus’ specific instructions which Jehovah’s Witnesses do not follow!

You downvoted the specific, unambiguous instructions of Jesus Christ in favor of supporting the power structure of the Governing Body !!

YIKES!

That is not a an accusation … Even you know for a fact that JWs DO NOT FOLLOW SCRIPTURE in this regard, as you just admitted.

That’s why you attempted to divert the issue of YOU BEING WRONG to an ad hominem attack on me.

—————-

B6BC1032-010F-47B0-A486-E94DEE7BD3BE.png

128B1419-3E27-4440-AD61-93749C89DF23.png

Well, boyle, by attacking me you inadvertently let slip through your cognitive agenda driven dissonance that YOU KNOW that Jehovah’s Witnesses do NOT follow Scripture.

You even downvoted Jesus’ SPECIFIC instructions of how to do it right.

DOUBLE YIKES!

8660946D-32A5-4675-9312-E8AE9E53E7F6.jpeg

Want me to post a screenshot of your own words?

Ok … here is a screenshot of your own words where you inadvertently admit that Jehovah’s Witnesses DELIBERATELY DO NOT FOLLOW SPECIFIC SCRIPTURE, As regards how congregational discipline must be handled, as unambiguously directed by Jesus Christ.

31C14A2D-2A1A-44CF-BBD0-D817333CD3A4.jpeg

2 hours ago, boyle said:

What happened to the little thing about minding your own business. Should everyone know what your disguising habits and sins are?

I mean, I'm all for it. How far do you want the judicial committee to go? Remember, whatever the decision ignorant people make, you can't challenge it in court. Why? Because obtuse people approved it!

I'd appreciate it if you could explain why you would like me to disprove 1 Thessalonians 4:11 and why you referred to my pet as an "arrogant reviler dog." Let's have a respectful conversation and exchange of ideas.

1 Thessalonians 4:11 says "mind your own business".

What is the context of 1 Thessalonians 4:11?

Earlier in the chapter it says...

"For this is the will of God, that you should be holy and abstain from sexual immorality.  Each one of you should know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not with greedy, uncontrolled sexual passion like the nations have that do not know God. No one should go beyond proper limits and take advantage of his brother in this matter, because Jehovah exacts punishment for all these things, just as we told you previously and also strongly warned you. For God has called us, not for uncleanness, but for holiness. So, then, the man who disregards this is disregarding, not man, but God, who gives you his holy spirit."

(1 Thessalonians 4:3-8)

No one should take advantage of his brother or sister or a kid in greedy uncontrolled sexual passion. Each one should know how to control his own body. How would the brothers in the congregation know this if it wasn't common knowledge?

If someone went against the scriptural counsel and took advantage of others in the first century, it would become known in the congregation because it is the right thing to do, to tell, both for the sake of the one who committed the transgression and the one who was transgressed against.

In a similar way, if a person is a closet alcoholic and other people outside the home don't know, what happens? Often times, ignorant people will offer the alcoholic person a drink. I have seen this in the congregation. The problem gets worse, the elders cover it over, no one knows and at gatherings or in private homes everybody is giving the alcoholic a drink. Then the alcoholic goes home and abuses the family. When the family tells the elders, the elders don't do ANYTHING because they say they "we have to protect Jehovah's name from reproach" and "we have to mind our own business" and "we have to protect the name of the wrongdoer from embarrassment".  They'll keep giving the person "privileges" and punish the family who is getting hurt. Even if the person gets arrested for assault, no one cares. You can ask for help and they'll tell you, "we have to mind our own business, it's not our business." It's an organization-wide problem. No matter who you ask for help, they will defer it to someone else and not help. You can even beg the governing body or people at Bethel who are in the videos. They say they love you, they want to help. Baloney. They want to protect their own interests, namely, power-tripping and lording it over the flock and keeping the sheep in worshipful submission to them rather than Jehovah. They don't care about what Jehovah wants, keeping the congregation safe and clean. It's the same with the abuse issue. Because people are uncomfortable talking about the issue, it festers and the little ones are the ones who end up suffering the most. 

I'm not saying every little mistake people make should be broadcast. But anything serious, it is the loving thing to tell the congregation, not just a few men, but the whole congregation. Paul made it known about that guy in Corinth that was sleeping with his dad's wife. He didn't just tell three of the elders. We know today. We also know Paul approved of murder before becoming a Christian. Does that stop anybody from loving him? If anything, don't we love him more for the changes he made? When I meet someone who has done horrible things and is sorry about it, I do not hate that person, I love them. I have done bad things in my life that I have repented about, and I know Jehovah's love has extended to me, so how could I not love someone else in a similar situation? Jehovah's love is enough, the ransom is enough, to help and love these ones who have sinned. But it isn't helping them to hide that it ever happened.

In a thousand years, who cares what everybody knows about wrongdoing? Nobody's going to care. We all sin. That's old news. What matters is getting there. Covering over serious wrongdoing is wrong. 

Love is sufficient to cover the sins and the sinners. But covering something over with love doesn't mean hiding it. That is not loving.

In verses 9-12 of 1 Thessalonians 4 it says...

"However, concerning brotherly love, you do not need us to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another.  In fact, you are doing so toward all the brothers in all of Mac·e·doʹni·a. But we urge you, brothers, to go on doing so in fuller measure.  Make it your aim to live quietly and to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we instructed you,  so that you may walk decently in the eyes of people outside and not need anything."

When Paul was talking about minding your own business in context he was talking about living quietly and working hard and not needing anything. He was talking about men not mooching off other peoples' incomes when they could go get a job themself. He was talking about able-bodied individuals not living off "voluntary donations" of poor people. He was talking about not going around to the congregations lording it over people and making up dumb rules that aren't in the Bible. He was talking about not acting like the way the current GB acts, making up rules about education or rules about beards or rules about counting time or rules about field service. "Work Hard" "Live Quietly" "Not Need Anything" "Mind Your Own Business." It's not about hiding wrongdoing. It's about not being like a fleece-the-flock-to-feed-yourself Pharisee. 

"“Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah:  “As surely as I am alive,” declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, “because my sheep have become prey, food for every wild beast of the field, for there was no shepherd, and my shepherds did not search for my sheep; rather, they kept feeding themselves and did not feed my sheep,”’ therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah.  This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘I am against the shepherds, and I will demand an accounting of them for my sheep, and I will dismiss them from feeding my sheep, and the shepherds will no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my sheep from their mouth, and they will no longer be food for them.’”

(Ezekiel 34:7-10)

If someone is doing wrong, it is loving to share that information with others in the congregation so we can pray for the person and help them, instead of making them carry the load all alone.

"If anyone catches sight of his brother committing a sin that does not incur death, he will ask, and God will give life to him, yes, to those not committing sin that incurs death."

(1 John 5:16)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.