The World News Media

LOCKED UP! - Roy Collins, the Jehovah's Witness "convicted of the systematic sexual abuse of two young girls"

Jack Ryan

tj79a9ykhkt11.jpg

An article in the print edition of Wales On Sunday, an English-language Welsh newspaper, and 'sister' newspaper to The Western Mail (Mon to Sat). Wales on Sunday has a circulation of just under 10,000-copies each Sunday.

Wales on Sunday (UK), Sunday, October 21, 2018 - page 16

It has been a busy week for the courts in Wales with several high-profile cases being dealt with.

Here are some of the criminals jailed this week.

Roy Collins

Collins was given a 23-year extended sentence after being convicted of the systematic sexual abuse of two young girls in the 1980s and 1990s.

The Jehovah's Witness was branded as "devious, righteous and arrogant" by a judge at Swansea Crown Court.

Read online version:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/locked-up-abusive-couple-aspiring-15297903

• Views 2.8k
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They did indeed. You are right. And they got things wrong as well. But not where it counts it seems.

The problem with that is that sometimes in someone's eyes you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. And what someone calls being stumbled, someone else calls being strengthened, by exactly the

I think it is just that they developed or came across something that they thought entitled them to drive the bus. They left when they discovered that they would not be allowed to. In some cases they w

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

Collins was given a 23-year extended sentence after being convicted of the systematic sexual abuse of two young girls in the 1980s and 1990s

This is actually good news for everyone because he is unlikely to be seen on the streets again.

And Thumbs up to the walesonline.co.uk people who seem to be able to present news about Jehovah's Witnesses in a fairly objective manner. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/inside-biggest-annual-gathering-jehovahs-14991197

An interesting point relative to other postings on this, the judges statement: "The Jehovah's Witness was branded as "devious, righteous and arrogant", shows how errroneous is the claim that we think "only Jehovahs Witnesses will be saved".

@Gone Away  Um, erroneous eh ? 

15 February 1983 Watchtower, pp 12-13, article Four Requirements for Salvation: “Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it.”

Watchtower March 1, 1985 p 14: “Only Christian witnesses of Jehovah who successfully pass this test will survive and come forth like fire-refined gold for God’s use in his precious new order.”

Watchtower September 1, 1989 p 19: "Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower September 15, 1993 p 22: “But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy.”

Watchtower May 15, 2006: "During the final period of the ancient world that perished in the Flood, Noah was a faithful preacher of righteousness. (2 Peter 2:5) In these last days of the present system of things, Jehovah's people are making known God's righteous standards and are declaring good news about the possibility of surviving into the new world. (2 Peter 3:9-13) Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah's universal organization."

Watchtower December 15, 2007: "But Jehovah's servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things."

Now i will admit that i haven't looked up these Watchtowers and checked the quotes, so maybe if you disagree with them you may want to check them out yourself. 

4 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Now i will admit that i haven't looked up these Watchtowers and checked the quotes, so maybe if you disagree with them you may want to check them out yourself. 

I prefer scriptural quotes on such serious matters. Joel 2:32 is pretty relevant (for me) "And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved"  Peter and Paul referred to this at Acts 2:32 and Rom.10:13.

11 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Um, erroneous eh ? 

I may be missing your logic on this, but to me a "Jehovah's Witness ... branded as "devious, (self- the paper misquotes the judge) righteous and arrogant" would render erroneous a claim that only Jehovah's Witnesses would be saved. Religious designations don't save people.

@Gone Away I prefer scriptural quotes on such serious matters. Joel 2:32 is pretty relevant (for me) "And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved"  Peter and Paul referred to this at Acts 2:32 and Rom.10:13.

Yes exactly, but the GB and their Writing Department don't seem to agree with you. 

So maybe you might agree with me when I say the GB give false information. Or at least misleading information not based on Scripture. 

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

GB give false information

I don't feel this way. They said read the Bible daily, I did, and life got better. I still do, life still gets better. Everybody I know does the same to a greater or lesser degree and we are all commensurately happier.

I have encountered seven GB members in my time and in my limited contacts, I have found them to all be real gentlemen, friendly and considerate, unaffected, quite pleasant to deal with, free from arrogance. The one I did know well remembered me by name on a chance encounter 10 years later, even to the point of taking up the conversation where we had left off. And believe me, I am no one special.

I just don't have the same expectations as you I think, hence I don't suffer from the same disillusionment and disappointment.

By the way, I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't get things wrong, and I don't expect GB members to be any different.

I have known many anointed ones over the years, due to where I have been located. Many of these were baptised prior to 1914. One who was a member of the first UK family to come into the "truth". I have also known many others, baptised in the 1930s. My encounters with these folk have only confirmed my faith, not shaken it, regardless of their varied viewpoints. I guess I just don't have the same take on things as you and some others here it seems. I'm sorry you have had negative experiences. ☺️

3 minutes ago, Gone Away said:

I don't feel this way. They said read the Bible daily, I did, and life got better. I still do, life still gets better. Everybody I know does the same to a greater or lesser degree and we are all commensurately happier.

I have encountered seven GB members in my time and in my limited contacts, I have found them to all be real gentlemen, friendly and considerate, unaffected, quite pleasant to deal with, free from arrogance. The one I did know well remembered me by name on a chance encounter 10 years later, even to the point of taking up the conversation where we had left off. And believe me, I am no one special.

I just don't have the same expectations as you I think, hence I don't suffer from the same disillusionment and disappointment.

By the way, I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't get things wrong, and I don't expect GB members to be any different.

I have known many anointed ones over the years, due to where I have been located. Many of these were baptised prior to 1914. One who was a member of the first UK family to come into the "truth". I have also known many others, baptised in the 1930s. My encounters with these folk have only confirmed my faith, not shaken it, regardless of their varied viewpoints. I guess I just don't have the same take on things as you and some others here it seems. I'm sorry you have had negative experiences. ☺️

There is an expression, but i can't remember it properly.  It's something about standing too close to see something properly. 

You seem to have a personal relationship with the GB, a closeness, that would stop you seeing the truth about them.

As for getting things wrong. I'm glad Noah didn't get the measurements wrong for the Ark. And I'm glad Moses didn't lead the Israelites to the wrong point of the Red Sea. Are but of course they had Jehovah's guidance didn't they. The GB doesn't.

You first tiny paragraph sounds like this to me. I eat well every day and live in a nice warm house, and so do my friends. So why should I or they worry about people who are hungry or cold ? 

And you last sentence "I'm sorry you have had negative experiences"...... But, I don't just think about my negative experiences, I take time to consider others too. Many Earthwide who were once JW's and have left or been removed because they were stumbled due to the GB policies and the puppet Elders that didn't question orders..

Luke 17 v 1&2 

" Then he said to his disciples: “It is unavoidable that causes for stumbling should come. Nevertheless, woe to the one through whom they come! It would be more advantageous for him if a millstone were hung from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones."

Watch out GB your time will come.

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

You first tiny paragraph sounds like this to me. I eat well every day and live in a nice warm house, and so do my friends. So why should I or they worry about people who are hungry or cold ? 

Just shows how wrong you can be. Your presumption of happiness seems to be entirely material. That may well be at the core of your perception.

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Many Earthwide who were once JW's and have left or been removed because they were stumbled due to the GB policies and the puppet Elders that didn't question orders..

Luke 17 v 1&2 

" Then he said to his disciples: “It is unavoidable that causes for stumbling should come. Nevertheless, woe to the one through whom they come! It would be more advantageous for him if a millstone were hung from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones."

The problem with that is that sometimes in someone's eyes you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. And what someone calls being stumbled, someone else calls being strengthened, by exactly the same thing. I suppose it all boils down to attitude and :

Colossians  3:13

"Continue putting up with one another and forgiving one another freely even if anyone has a cause for complaint against another. Just as Jehovah freely forgave you, you must also do the same. 14  But besides all these things, clothe yourselves with love, for it is a perfect bond of union."