Srecko Sostar

• Views 700
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, we have discussed this on the forum before. I think this issue is taken to be viewed from the secular perspective only. They, the secular authorities, designate JW elders as having a clerical role as ministers (of religion). Therefore, under official circumstances, such as in a court of law, elders are viewed as "clergy". Whether they themselves, or the congregation view them as clergy in the traditional sense or not is irrelevant in these secular circumstances. (JWs view everyone who is ba

Laws and regulations about issue is available to see and you said well. Of course, when we speak about JW elders then it is notable to understand how we have to put clear picture on question; Do they, JW elders, clergy or not? If they are clergy then they have "right" to call themselves on Catholic Clergy privilege and ask for same "rights" as they do.  Is an elder in the JW congregation the same as a priest in the Catholic Church? Do they have the same role and obligations and status

So, we could say that it is a matter of decision, In this case by JW elders, how much they want to be principled. The three Jews from the book of Daniel were so principled that they were thrown into the furnace of fire. Some are principled and refuse blood transfusions or military service. But WTJWorg lawyers are the ones asking the court that JW elders should have the same status as Catholic priests. It is not the court that grants them that status (perhaps court try to understand and make comp

Thanks for posting this. On this forum one might even forget that the Catholics have a problem. Also, I've seen statistics that are surprisingly detailed for some religious organizations, reminding me that JWs aren't the only ones who keep records on such issues, including from among their congregants/laymen/parishioners.

4 hours ago, JW Insider said:

records

Creating, collecting, using and storing records / documentation is not a problem in itself. The problem arises when one wants to deny the existence of documents. When it is used incorrectly or prohibits the use of documentation (public review or legal inspection of records according to regulations and legal acts). When it is not said how much documentation there is and what their content is. When it is not said what is the purpose of collecting and creating documents, and what is the future of records. And similar.

One also might forget that Mormonism has a problem. 

The woman expressed, “As we have said in other investigations, what marks religious organisations out from other institutions is the explicit purpose they have in teaching right from wrong; the moral turpitude of any failing by them in the prevention of, or response to, child sexual abuse is therefore heightened.

If someone on the outside needs to remind a religion of their “moral” obligations, then, as is the case in the Wt., the religion is practicing immoral responses in the case of CSA.  

What sets this organization apart from all other religions?  Nothing, all established religions have their roots in the world of immorality and corruption.  But the Wt. is also committing spiritual immorality as a holding ground to trample, persecute and destroy the anointed priesthood in Christ..and any who have joined them.  (Matt 24:15,16,24; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2; 13:1,2, ,5-7, 11,12,15; 16:13-16; 12:3,4,15,17)

Jesus purposefully said, worship that is approved by the Father is in “spirit and truth”, not through any earthly “mountainlike organization”.  (John 4:21-24)  He began His Temple arrangement/“organization” of anointed “living stones” in the first century. (John 2:19-21; Eph 4:4-6; 2:20-22; 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17) And it will be the “mountain”/spiritual organization that will rise above all corruption and immorality.  Isa 2:1-4; Zech 4:6,7) The greatest test against these “stones” is through an earthly organization established by men, that convinces millions that it belongs to God.  How can that be, when in this document there are two pages directed to the failures of the CCJW to practice morality? In this case, the Wt. is certainly “like the nations”.  Ezek 20:32

It is time to separate from the corruption and immorality of the Wt.  Rev 18:4-8 

"For on My holy mountain, the high mountain of Israel, declares the Lord GOD, there the whole house of Israel, all of them, will serve Me in the land. There I will accept them and will require your offerings and choice gifts, along with all your holy sacrifices.

Hello guest!
When I bring you from the peoples and gather you from the lands to which you have been scattered, I will accept you as a pleasing aroma. And I will show My holiness through you in the sight of the nations. 
    Hello guest!
Then you will know that I am the LORD, when I bring you into the land of Israel, the land that I swore to give your fathers.

Hello guest!
There you will remember your ways and all the deeds with which you have defiled yourselves, and you will loathe yourselves for all the evils you have done. 
    Hello guest!
Then you will know, O house of Israel, that I am the LORD, when I have dealt with you for the sake of My name and not according to your wicked ways and corrupt acts, declares the Lord GOD.”  Ezek 20:40-44

13 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Creating, collecting, using and storing records / documentation is not a problem in itself. The problem arises when one wants to deny the existence of documents. When it is used incorrectly or prohibits the use of documentation (public review or legal inspection of records according to regulations and legal acts). When it is not said how much documentation there is and what their content is. When it is not said what is the purpose of collecting and creating documents, and what is the future of records. And similar.

If I'm not mistaken, sharing some information, especially when it pertains to privileged and private information is not legal. I'm not even talking about sharing information about a perpetrator, I'm talking about the victim/survivor. Zalkin is sitting on a pile (he says about 100) of cases given to him by the org. which he is not allowed to use or make public by law. They are locked up in his safe. 

Also, I do not think the existence of such documentation/records has ever been denied.

4 hours ago, Anna said:

If I'm not mistaken, sharing some information, especially when it pertains to privileged and private information is not legal.

Laws and regulations about issue is available to see and you said well.

Of course, when we speak about JW elders then it is notable to understand how we have to put clear picture on question; Do they, JW elders, clergy or not? If they are clergy then they have "right" to call themselves on Catholic Clergy privilege and ask for same "rights" as they do. 

Is an elder in the JW congregation the same as a priest in the Catholic Church? Do they have the same role and obligations and status according to biblical principles? Do they belong to the same kind of hierarchy (Catholic hierarchy, "Apostolic" hierarchy) as WTJWorg lawyers have sought before the courts?

4 hours ago, Anna said:

I'm talking about the victim/survivor. Zalkin is sitting on a pile (he says about 100) of cases given to him by the org. which he is not allowed to use or make public by law. They are locked up in his safe. 

I guess someone gave him that information and someone "forbade" him to use it. Or he got them on the condition that he shouldn’t use them. The source (WTJWorg) of the information would have the right to publish that information for the sake of “truth and justice”. But that wouldn't be of interest to the WTJWorg organization, would it? That would distort the image of a "spiritual paradise."

There are SOooo many things that "look good on paper", that work well on paper, but in the REAL world, because all humans are flawed, some more than others, the "rules, regulations, protocols, and intentions" in the REAL world are. AS APPLIED, also deeply flawed.

It's the nature of the beast.

Those who don't get out of the basement much never realize this, and their inexperience, and lack of perception causes them to imagine a world where the way things SHOULD be is somehow attainable.

It's not

Get used to it.

Or have a stroke.

It's not so amazing that the dancing bear dances well ..... but that it can even dance at all.

In the Catholic World View, a Priest is the intermediary between God and mankind, and if you confess to the priest, whatever you confess is, in theory, known only between you and God.

The classic example of how this does NOT work is how, during World War II, in Germany, the Catholics were taking confessions of resistance fighters, and acting as an intelligence  network for whoever they thought would win the war, at any point in time.

Usually the Nazis, as former Cardinal Pachelli, who before the war was the Vatican Secretary of State, and who signed the "Holy Concordat" between the Vatican and the Third Reich, aligning the two governments in common cause.

So, a Catholic would confess to the Priest, and the info, if of tactical advantage to the Nazis, went to the Nazis.  Usually.

Among Jehovah's Witnesses, if a Brother or Sister confesses to the Elders some transgression, Matthew 18:15, in my experience, and the experiences of every account I have ever heard of, is NEVER invoked when it is time for "the rubber to meet the road".

Matthew 18 in general is completely ignored ...when it is needed the most.

Not only that, but they share details with the ENTIRE body of elders, who share it with their wives, and other elders in other Congregations they know well ... and make written reports to Headquarters, reviewed by many there. Lawyers, Secretaries, Clerks, and IT people when it is digitized.

Nothing new.  Nothing unusual. Same-Oh-Same-Oh.

It's just that the dancing bear has two left feet, and a balance problem.

Bears should not try and dance, but since the beginning of time, all figurative bears dress up in top hat and tails, and try to dance.

Anywhere on this planet, in every time and place, this is true, to a greater or lesser extent.

Recognizing REALITY, as it really is, is sad, discouraging, and then we die.

As each of us march without pause to our own eventual deaths, the important thing is to stay sane.

Sanity requires that we recognize that our "Spiritual Paradise" is not. It is, as applied, a very bad form of organization.

Sanity requires that we recognize that all the others are so much worse.

Matthew 18 is by far the most important book of the Bible, down here where the "rubber meets the road".

10 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Of course, when we speak about JW elders then it is notable to understand how we have to put clear picture on question; Do they, JW elders, clergy or not? If they are clergy then they have "right" to call themselves on Catholic Clergy privilege and ask for same "rights" as they do. 

Is an elder in the JW congregation the same as a priest in the Catholic Church? Do they have the same role and obligations and status according to biblical principles? Do they belong to the same kind of hierarchy (Catholic hierarchy, "Apostolic" hierarchy) as WTJWorg lawyers have sought before the courts?

Yes, we have discussed this on the forum before. I think this issue is taken to be viewed from the secular perspective only. They, the secular authorities, designate JW elders as having a clerical role as ministers (of religion). Therefore, under official circumstances, such as in a court of law, elders are viewed as "clergy". Whether they themselves, or the congregation view them as clergy in the traditional sense or not is irrelevant in these secular circumstances. (JWs view everyone who is baptized as minister, but obviously there is a distinction between roles and obligations, since elders also have the role of oversight and shepherding). I think in secular terms the word elder falls under the umbrella of clergy, despite the fact that our "clergy" do not hold matters confidential (as you and pudgy pointed out) to the same extent as a Catholic priest for example.

Legislators obviously have not made an exception to who exactly should be viewed as clergy. They have not, as far as I know, added a clause which says JW elders should not be viewed as clergy because they are not the same as Catholic priests and do not view confidential disclosure in the traditional sense. By law, they fall under the same umbrella regardless of differences of application by the particular religion.

If I remember right, the plaintiff in a recent lawsuit tried to use the difference of elders and clergy to his advantage by arguing that elders cannot be viewed as clergy because their brand of “confidentiality” includes a whole body of elders and the HQ. However, the judge deemed this irrelevant because he said it is a religions right of how they (JWs) apply their beliefs, and that it wasn't the courts business to tell a religion how to run their religious affairs, and then on that account make exceptions to secular rules. In the courts eyes an elder was clergy, period.

In saying this, I personally believe the org. should refuse the designation of clergy by secular authorities as applying to them. But I am not sure if this is possible legally? It might not be.
In any case, if it is possible, then I think they should do it. But law is so complex, rigid, and impersonal and doing something that is not according to the law can have bad repercussions down the road, even for an innocent party.

The JWs have been trying to, actually imploring, legislators to change the law and make ALL clergy mandatory reporters (all over the world). This is what all victims want too. Perhaps this is the real answer to solving the problem…. 

I guess someone gave him that information and someone "forbade" him to use it

The law forbids him to use it.  

The source (WTJWorg) of the information would have the right to publish that information for the sake of “truth and justice”.

I don't think the WT org. has the right to publish it or give anyone else the right. These papers involve specific cases, most of which have not even been proven, but are allegations (and these allegations would have to be proved as fact in court). To publish anything like this....well I am sure you can see this would be very wrong. Zalkin is not interested in publishing, (against the law anyway) as much as he is interested in wining specific cases. But unless a victim asks him to do so, he cannot open a case. So he has no choice but to keep the files locked up.

Further about the situation with Zalkin.

From one website:

"He Zalkin) also has four years of redacted documents locked in a filing cabinet in his office. The judge’s protective order prevents him from saying how many documents he received or describing what they reveal about child abuse in Jehovah’s Witnesses congregations.

“It’s very frustrating to have seen what I’ve seen and to know what is going on in this institution and this organization,” he said. “It’s very frustrating when I’ve got a gag in my mouth. It’s pretty hard. We’re trying our best to expose this truth, and they’re doing everything they can to interfere with that effort, to block that effort.”

Who put the gag in his mouth? The judge.

And if you don't mind me saying, what has he seen, as he claims? And what does he know about the "institution"? In reality he knows nothing, only what he has heard or seen written down.  He is just saying words that will impress lay people, people who don't know much about JWs or the law. He himself knows, as a lawyer, he could never divulge information in these documents. He would lose his license immediately.

1 hour ago, Anna said:

I think this issue is taken to be viewed from the secular perspective only.

So, we could say that it is a matter of decision, In this case by JW elders, how much they want to be principled. The three Jews from the book of Daniel were so principled that they were thrown into the furnace of fire. Some are principled and refuse blood transfusions or military service. But WTJWorg lawyers are the ones asking the court that JW elders should have the same status as Catholic priests. It is not the court that grants them that status (perhaps court try to understand and make comparison between payed and not-payed "ministers" . The JW elders invoke the right not to speak before the Court what a JW member has admitted to them.

16 hours ago, Anna said:

They, the secular authorities, designate JW elders as having a clerical role as ministers (of religion). Therefore, under official circumstances, such as in a court of law, elders are viewed as "clergy"

I think you are a dreamer, but we've been down this road before and you will believe what you want to believe. 

If i remember rightly in one case, the Elders refused to testify against a fellow Elder, using that clergy privilege as the excuse.

Maybe Zalkin or the judge is being paid off by the GB and their Lawyers. 

But tell me please.

Australia had the Australian Royal Commission 

Here in the UK we have had the Charity Commission and the IICSA.

The Netherlands had an investigation and report. 

So what is America doing ? Where is the investigation in the USA ?

Canada, was trying to have a massive million dollar law suit, but I think it wasn't allowed. So what is Canada now doing ?

Seems strange that the Watchtower / JW Org isn't being investigated in it's 'home land'. 

( @Witness mentioned something about the Org making payment to a politician some time back )

The GB will do anything to keep their authority and power.  I think they are paying off someone in America to stop an investigation from happening. 

But of course if you know different. If you know of an investigation into religion in the USA ??? 

• Similar Content

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      ¡Despertad! 22 de junio de 1982.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      ¡Despertad! 8 de agosto de 1982.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      La Atalaya del 15 de Junio de 1982.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      La Atalaya del 01 de Julio de 1982.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Haga clic
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. para descargar el archivo en PDF
    • By Srecko Sostar
      WT GB theology, supposedly biblically grounded, and most important, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit as GB say, explains why people suffer, why there is great evil in the world, and especially why the followers of Christ are subjected to persecution, especially from 1914 till now .
      In addition to the general explanation that humans are imperfect because of Adam and Eve sin, there is also the interpretation how satan and demons generate evil and are behind all attacks on JW members. Recently, the focus has been on Russia, and still is. For example, this two quotes say:
      During the 2019 annual meeting, Brother Mark Sanderson of the Governing Body delivered the talk entitled “What Do We Have to Fear?” The talk included this video segment with experiences from some of our brothers and sisters who have been persecuted in Russia. - Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      As Russian authorities continue to fabricate lies to discredit our reputation as peace-loving people, we recall the words of Jesus, who foretold that opposers would “lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against” his disciples.—Matthew 5:11. - Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      What said the teaching?
      Many people reject God because they blame him for suffering. Directly or indirectly, many religious leaders have taught that God is the cause of our suffering. But is it possible that religious leaders have misrepresented God? What if God has rejected them? God does not cause our suffering. God rejects religion that misrepresents him. This includes religions that teach that God causes our suffering and those that are involved with warfare and violence. - Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      According to the latest explanation of who “Gog of Magog” is, JW members have learned that it is not Satan, but that it is a “coalition of the people”. Russia also belongs to this "coalition".
      In his TV sermon, D. Splane, as a “guardian of doctrine,” reads a passage from Ez. 38: 4 with explanation how JHVH talk words to this "coalition of nation". It says:  "I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords." 
      D. Splane explained the idea how "coalition of nation" didn't want to attack His nation, but JHVH redirected direction of "coalition". He said: "Timing of the attack is Jehovah's .. as some point following the destruction of Babylon The Great, Jehovah may in some way lure the nations into carrying out what is already in their hearts. Jehovah will thus set the stage for the attach that leads to Armageddon ......."   Ez 38:10 state:  You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I am proved holy through you before their eyes.
      How else do WT publications answer the question of why people (JW members) suffer?
      Humans bear a heavy responsibility for suffering. Some suffering is brought on by our own choices. Suffering is not punishment from God. On the contrary, much of it is random—often, a matter of someone being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Our sinful nature contributes to suffering. - Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      JW suffer in Russia not need to have nothing with GB claims, how they are the only true religion and because they follow Jesus, as reasons for Russian Government ban on WTJWorg. Because, supposedly, Russia as all other governments that are part of "coalition of nations" want to harm WTJWorg because they are True Religion Organization. 
      Is the ban of WTJWorg in 34 countries around the world an attack by a “coalition of nations”? Was it, Is it "timing is Jehovah's"? Who cause suffer for JW in Russia ? Russia or because JHVH brought them against "his land"? Is this Russian attack on " JW True Religion" contrary to GB idea how "UN will attack false religion first and at the end they will attack the "true religion"? Because in reality, all sorts of religion ("true and/or false") have experienced attack through the centuries. 
      Does the attack of the "coalition" at this time, not recognize the difference between "true and false religion", and mistakenly persecute WTJWorg? What is wrong with their "attack timing"? Didn't they read the WT study magazines, because according to it, they must first start destroying all "false religions" and not create problems for "true religion"? 

• By Emma Rose
      Who knew https://www.onetribeapparel.com/blogs/pai/meaning-flower-of-life
    • By Emma Rose
      https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/bishops-warn-boris-johnson-against-worsening-the-north-south-divide-over-covid-19/ar-BB1alT5z?ocid=msedgdhp

• By TheWorldNewsOrg
      Any collective belief in some approach as "the way" to solve problems is, literally, a bringing together of individuals (re = again, ligio = bond, reverence, and religare = to bind).
    • By Witness
      “Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the earth. These men deserve our respect and wholehearted support, whether they are of the anointed or not. Why? Because, through his holy spirit, Jehovah has appointed the older men to their positions.
       Rather than challenge their authority, we truly appreciate our hardworking elders!  W02/8/1 pp 9-14”
       With representation of God’s priests, comes apparent authority.  It is interesting that God would bless this non-biblical position, since nowhere in the Bible does scripture say God would allow His priests to be represented or replaced.
      But then, do JWs care what God thinks?  I wonder.
      “The Lord said to Aaron, “You, your sons and your family are to bear the responsibility for offenses connected with the sanctuary, and you and your sons alone are to bear the responsibility for offenses connected with the priesthood.
      You are to be responsible for the care of the sanctuary and the altar, so that my wrath will not fall on the Israelites again. 6 I myself have selected your fellow Levites from among the Israelites as a gift to you, dedicated to the Lord to do the work at the tent of meeting. 7 But only you and your sons may serve as priests in connection with everything at the altar and inside the curtain. I am giving you the service of the priesthood as a gift. Anyone else who comes near the sanctuary is to be put to death.”  Num 18:1,5-7
      Since the anointed are the sanctuary Temple/House of God, the GB has allowed others  (“Gentiles”) to come “near the sanctuary”, and act as God’s priests.  Elders “sit” – rule with authority – over/in,  the Temple of God.  2 Thess 2:3,4; 1 Cor 3:16,17; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Eph 2:20-22; Rev 13:5-7
      The Lord said to Moses, 6 “Bring the tribe of Levi and present them to Aaron the priest to assist him. 7 They are to perform duties for him and for the whole community at the tent of meeting by doing the work of the tabernacle. 
      “Appoint Aaron and his sons to serve as priests; anyone else who approaches the sanctuary is to be put to death.” Num 3:6,10

Will Queensland challenge the authority of the elder body? Should we let Queensland know who are the acting priests of the WT?
      Will the elder body back down and refuse to be called “priests” when they are confronted by their actions of not reporting child abuse, and the promise of jail time looms before them?  Or, for “Jehovah’s organization” will they do their time in jail, instead of obeying the laws? 
      Every JW should challenge the authority of the elder body over them.  It is lawlessness. 
      “His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation. 32 With flattery he will corrupt those who have violated the covenant, but the people who know their God will firmly resist him.” Dan 11:31,32

Priests in Queensland will now be compelled to break the seal of confession to report child sexual abuse or face three years in jail.
      Key points:
      The law was passed with the support of the Opposition It enacts a recommendation of the child sexual abuse royal commission Police Minister Mark Ryan says it will help protect vulnerable children New laws passed through Queensland Parliament will force members of the clergy to report known or suspected cases of abuse to police.
      The legislation means religious institutions and their members are no longer able to use the sanctity of confessional as a defence or excuse in child sex abuse matters.
      Police Minister Mark Ryan said the laws would ensure better protection for vulnerable children.
      "The requirement and quite frankly the moral obligation to report concerning behaviours towards children applies to everyone everyone in this community," he said.
      "No one group or occupation is being singled out.
      The laws apply to information received from now, even if it relates to abuse that occurred in the past.
      The law was supported by the Opposition.
      'They will go to jail before obeying'
      But One Nation MP Stephen Andrew said it set a dangerous precedent for religious leaders.
      "The bill poses a real danger for public trust and cohesion in our community," Mr Andrew said.
      Archbishop Mark Coleridge argues the new law won't improve child safety.(ABC News: Lincoln Rothall) "Many priests and bishops have publicly stated that they will go to jail before obeying these laws.
      "How confident can the people of Queensland be that they live in a free and open democracy governed by the rule of law, where the state jails its bishops?"
      Members of the 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . Earlier this year, Brisbane Catholic Archbishop Mark Coleridge told the ABC he believed breaking the confessional seal would "not make a difference to the safety of young people".
      'It's about morality'
      Hetty Johnston from the child protection group Bravehearts expressed her support for the new laws.
      "I don't think there is enough jail time in the world that would replace a child's innocence … what sort of punishment is suitable for someone who would allow that to happen?
      "So I don't know that it's about time, it's about morality."
      The laws enact 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . The passing of the law also coincides with Queensland child protection week.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  
      "Trample" - How Does it Happen?  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By Patiently waiting for Truth
      August 5th 2020  Old news revisited, but this must be costing the CCJW a bit of money. 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. A report into the handling of sexual abuse among Jehovah’s Witnesses does not have be removed from a government site, a court in Arnhem has decided. It is the second time the Dutch branch of the church has gone to court over the report. In January it tried to stop publication but at the time judges ruled it should be published in the public interest.
      Just 25% of victims said they were satisfied at the way their complaints against the community had been handled and only 27% of cases were ever passed on to the police or other officials. Most of the reports related to abuse in the past, with just 32 covering the past 10 years.

• By Srecko Sostar
      part of text:
      Collaboration between Church and state
      The importance of collaboration between the Church and state is a fourth aspect covered in the Vademecum. It brings up, for example, that “even in cases where there is no explicit legal obligation to do so, the ecclesiastical authorities should make a report to the competent civil authorities if this is considered necessary to protect the person involved or other minors from the danger of further criminal acts.” In addition, it reiterates that “the investigation should be carried out with respect for the civil laws of each state”. - 
      Don't know if this is exactly new news. but it 'sort of' sounds interesting.
      Trump Delivers on Promise to Advance Religious Freedom Abroad 
      This week, President Trump issued a historic executive order that ensures international religious freedom will be a major piece of his legacy. The new directive gives the U.S. government more tools than ever before to advance religious freedom globally and to penalize foreign nations that perpetrate or allow religious persecution.
      Link to article at top. 
    • By Srecko Sostar
      In the age of this Corona contagion, the term "social distance" emerged. In recommending how to protect their health against this virus, health care providers have introduced some measures regarding the behavior of people in their interactions with each other. One of them is famous "social distance".

What does it mean first of all to have "social distance" in this Corona context? This means that the physical distance between persons must not be less than 1 meter, or 2 meters or similar. This is actually about physical distance, not social distance. Because, no one forbade people to talk and exchange thoughts. By any means, directly or virtually, using technology.

From this we could conclude that the term/word and the means used to prevent infection is deficient in clarity, is wrong. Having a "social distance" would mean refraining from making intellectual and emotional contact with other people. It would mean that we do not want to talk to them, that we do not want to accept them as people belonging to a particular "social" group. It would mean that don't want to see them, literally and transmitted. Specifically, we see that these disease measures primarily seek to reduce physical contact between people. This is about "close physical contact". Anything less than 6 feet. :))
      What is interesting about Corona measures? WTJWorg using both sort of measures to control "disease" inside Organization for very long time, and without possibility to "relax" this measures. With "shunning" policy JW's members using social and physical distance on people who are not JW members any more. That could mean how "Corona" existing constantly inside WTJWorg, long before Wuhan :)).
    • By Witness
      Grand jury investigators are ‘dead serious’ about revealing sexual abuse cover-ups among Jehovah’s Witnesses
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. , Updated: February 14, 2020- 5:00 AM           TIM TAI / FILE PHOTOGRAPH Brian Chase listened carefully from his Tucson, Ariz., home last July as an investigator from the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office introduced himself over the phone.
      After some idle chitchat, the investigator asked: Was Chase familiar with the office’s 2018
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. , which showed that priests had sexually abused thousands of children at six Roman Catholic dioceses in Pennsylvania? “Just what was in the papers,” Chase responded, “and what I saw on Facebook.”
      The investigator explained that the AG’s office was now working on a similar state inquiry, this time focused on the Jehovah’s Witnesses. But the agency was unsure of the scope of sexual abuse within the often-misunderstood religion, which was founded in Pittsburgh in the 1870s.
      Chase, 52, had been raised a Jehovah’s Witness in Corry, a small town in Erie County. In the 1980s, when he was a teenager, Chase said he was drugged and raped by a man who belonged to his congregation. Decades would pass before Chase understood that their stories were common within Witness communities across the country, but rarely reported to police.
      “The scope,” Chase told the AG’s office official, “is pretty big.”
      The existence of a Pennsylvania grand jury investigation into the Witnesses’s handling of child sex abuse cases — the first of its kind in the country — was only disclosed a week ago, in 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  which was met with a no comment from Attorney General Josh Shapiro. But The Inquirer this week interviewed five ex-Witnesses who have already testified for the grand jury, including Chase, and their recollections paint a portrait of an investigation focused on shattering the wall of silence that has long surrounded the religion’s reclusive leaders, and unearthing secretly-maintained records about suspected pedophiles.
      Investigators have traveled to several states as part of the grand jury probe, and recorded testimony from former elders — the Witnesses’s equivalent of parish priests — as well as abuse survivors.
      “I can tell you firsthand, I’ve been up to the grand jury a couple of times now, and I’m testifying next week,” said Jeffrey Fritz, a Philadelphia attorney who represents Chase and his wife, as well as several other ex-Witnesses.
      “They are dead serious about going after [the Witnesses’ leaders] in any way they can, similar to the Catholic Church.”
      TIM TAI / FILE PHOTOGRAPH Jeffrey Fritz, an attorney with the Center City-based law firm Soloff & Zervanos, represents multiple ex-Jehovah's Witnesses who have testified in front of a Pennsylvania grand jury within the last year. Such a declaration would have seemed unthinkable for much of the past two decades, which saw a muted law enforcement response to ex-Witnesses who described in the pages of court documents horrific sexual assaults they suffered as minors, and the religion’s ongoing efforts to hide their accounts from the public.
      Sarah Brooks is another of Fritz’s clients; when she alerted her parents in the early 2000s to the fact that she was being abused as a teenager by a family friend and a relative, she was publicly shamed by an elder at her York County kingdom hall, and then shunned by other Witnesses. She twice reported the assaults to police, and her abusers were ultimately arrested in 2013, and pleaded guilty to corruption of a minor.
      Brooks, now 32, testified before the grand jury in Harrisburg last year.
      Investigators asked her to explain the Witnesses’s inner hierarchy, the system of elders and overseers who ultimately take direction from members of a small governing body whose orders must be closely followed by the religion’s 8 million followers, which number more than 7,000 in Philadelphia.
      At least three grand jury witnesses said investigators want to question governing body members, who work out of the organization’s sprawling headquarters in Tuxedo Park, N.Y., where they relocated several years ago, after selling their former Brooklyn headquarters for more than $1 billion to a real estate company run at the time by Jared Kushner, President President Trump’s son-in-law.
      “I am completely ecstatic," Brooks said. "It’s all I can do to not skip everywhere. I just feel like after all of the numerous people I’ve gone to, I finally have gotten to a point in my life where someone is listening.”
            JESSICA GRIFFIN / FILE PHOTOGRAPH Sarah Brooks testified before the grand jury about the sexual abuse she suffered as a teenager in Pennsylvania at the hands of a family friend and a relative. She first shared her story with The Inquirer in 2018. Martin Haugh, a former Witness elder whose 4-year-old daughter was molested inside a Red Lion, York County, kingdom hall in 2005, was so relieved to have testified before the grand jury that he recently tweeted a photo of the subpoena he received beforehand.
      “They are so close to you, the jurors,” he said. “When I was talking to the investigator about what happened to my daughter, one [juror] dropped his pencil. I heard a couple of gasps.”
      Haugh’s daughter had been abused by an adopted relative, John Logan Haugh, who was finally arrested in 2018, after another
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  that detailed the case, and then shared the man’s whereabouts with police. Martin Haugh, 42, said investigators were particularly interested in discussing how elders compile child abuse records, and the direction they receive from the religion’s lawyers.
      “We need the FBI to break down their doors,” he said.
      Mark O’Donnell, a former Witness who has twice testified in front of the grand jury, told The Inquirer he spoke last year to an elder who had been alerted to an instance of three children who were being sexually abused by their father.
      The elder told O’Donnell, 52, he had contacted the Witnesses’s legal department, which advised that he shouldn’t share the information with police. The same department later instructed the man to destroy handwritten notes he had taken about the conversation.
        “He became so distraught that he resigned,” said O’Donnell, who has spent years collecting and publishing documents about abuse cases that the Witnesses never reported to police.
      Pennsylvania investigators traveled to meet that former elder in Missouri, and later flew him to Harrisburg to testify.
      O’Donnell’s second appearance in front of the grand jury centered on Witness documents, some of which date back to the 1980s, that have been leaked by whistleblowers, and show how Witness leaders instructed their underlings to stymie law enforcement inquiries and withhold information about suspected pedophiles from unsuspecting congregations.
      The religion has faced increased scrutiny in recent years, from a 2018 episode of an A & E series, “Cults and Extreme Belief," to 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  last year that focused on O’Donnell’s efforts, and a recent Oxygen documentary, Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  which highlights ongoing reporting from Trey Bundy, a reporter at Reveal, from The Center for Investigative Reporting. For years, many ex-Witnesses had little choice but to grapple with their trauma silently. Survivors eventually began forming communities on social media — Reddit, YouTube, Facebook — and hoped that the religion’s leaders would be held accountable, either in a news story or a courtroom, for enabling abusers.
      Meanwhile, in Arizona, Brian Chase can still trace the fallout from the rape he survived. He was reprimanded by Witness elders who learned that he had been abused, and then kicked out of his house by his parents, who mistakenly believed he was abusing drugs. He was shunned by those closest to him, and had to muddle through a period of homelessness and years of heartache and confusion.
      He now works with nonprofits that advocate for legislation to benefit and protect abuse victims, a tangible way of healing and helping others who have had to dig out of their own personal hells.
      Traveling 2,000 miles back to Pennsylvania, to testify for the grand jury, offered another chance to make a difference.
        “I felt relief, and that I was doing a good thing,” he said. “I want to do whatever I can to prevent this from happening to other people."

• By Witness
    • By Baruq JW
      Souviens-toi… Sydney. Roman dont la trame se déroule dans une congrégation de témoins de Jéhovah lausannoise.
      https://harpitanja.eu/souviens-toi/reservation.php
      Jehovah’s Witnesses go to court to block sex abuse report publication

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Copia_de_1951_(1953)_-_¿Qué_ha_hecho_la_religión_para_la_humanidad.pdf
      Point 1. I really do laugh at this term "Only game in town"   As I've said before the JEWISH RELIGIOUS LEADERS would have said that serving God by obeying THEM and the Mosaic Law, was the only game in town. Jesus however proved those Religious leaders to be wrong. Jesus and his disciples carried over the good points of the Mosaic Law and discarded the bits no longer needed. (Such as animal sacrifices, circumcision etc). 
      Russell & Co came out of former religions. I presume they must have carried over some good points from those former religions, then made adjustments or changed doctrines.
      So why would it not be possible for people that have left the JW Org to form a new religion ?  Carrying over the good and disposing of the bad, of which there seems to be plenty....
      I'm not saying it will happen but it does dispose of this idea of 'the only game in town' brainwashing. JW's seem to be taught that there cannot be anything else ever. What if Russell had believed that, the Bible Students would have never been formed. 
      Point 2.  The 'Truth' / JW Org.
      As I read more and more on here I am finding out that the Governing Body / Writing Dept'  / Legal Dept' et al,  have deliberately told many lies.
      The latest I'm reading (on a new topic on here) but the info stems back a while, seems to contain information whereby the 'Org' / those in charge at the time, implied, that children cannot get baptised, and that blood transfusions were acceptable to the Organisation. It seems that this was written in order to get favours from a certain government. 
      Both of those things are lies but seem to be deliberately used for some form of dishonest gain.
      Then of course we have lawyers telling lies in court about shunning. 
      And C.S.A court cases have proved that elders and others have deliberately lied. And the American 'section' of the JW Org deliberately withholding information regarding such matters.
      Link this to misuse of scriptures, such as, Superior Authorities, which deliberately took away people's conscience / freedom of choice, in WW2.
      And I'm sure people here can come up with lots more examples of lies, deliberate wrongdoing, mistakes, misinterpretations, 'new light' corrections et al.
      Why am i writing all this ?  Well I am proving two points. 
      1. If it's your 'only game in town' then it's not a good one. 
      2. That calling it 'The Truth' is totally deceptive.
      I do not think you would like it if I gave you a meal that was three quarters yummy, but a quarter poison. The poison might well contaminate the good food !
      So, saying that the Org / GB are three quarters right does not help. 

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      ¡Despertad! 8 de agosto de 1981.pdf

¡Despertad! 8 de agosto de 1981.pdf

• By Shiwiii
      Why does it take the Inquisition into the CSA by governments around the world, lawsuits in many countries and  the threat of non-profit status in a few countries to FORCE the wt/gb to amend the CSA policy?  The article is in the May 2019 WT and the title of the article is "Love and Justice in the Face of Wickedness". 

"13 Do elders comply with secular laws about reporting an allegation of child abuse to the secular authorities? Yes. In places where such laws exist, elders endeavor to comply with secular laws about reporting allegations of abuse....So when they learn of an allegation, elders immediately seek direction on how they can comply with laws about reporting it."

I can see that they still won't enforce reporting to the police each and every CSA case only if required by law.  Key word is "REQUIRED" .

"14 Elders assure victims and their parents and others with knowledge of the  matter that they are free to report an allegation of abuse to the secular authorities. But what if the report is about someone who is a part of the congregation and the matter then becomes known in the community? Should the Christian who reported it feel that he has brought reproach on God’s name? No. The abuser is the one who brings reproach on God’s name."

Finally, they finally get it that it is the wrong doer who is the bad guy and not the reporter.......but, I'm sure this is just lip service. And here's why:

16 When they learn that someone in the congregation is accused of child abuse, elders endeavor to comply with any secular laws about reporting the matter, and then they conduct a Scriptural investigation. If the individual denies the accusation, the elders consider the testimony of witnesses. If at least two people—the one making the accusation and someone else who can verify this act or other acts of child abuse by the accused—establish the charge, a judicial committee is formed. 
      And there you have it, two witness rule still in effect and no mandatory reporting of CSA unless mandated by law.
      However, what is the true gain here? Not much, but some is better than nothing, the fact that whoever reports is not the bad guy, the abuser is.  What a wonderful provision made by the loving Jehoverning body. I hope that one day the gb/wt will be on par with humanity in reporting ALL accusations of CSA or any abuse for that matter. 
    • By Bible Speaks
      Would you have the courage to speak out to police about your work, even if they oppose you? It may happen again...yet we do not use the placards anymore...."Religion a Snare and a Racket"? 
      INTERESTING PHOTO OF 1940, WHERE A SISTER SORDITA, ATTENDING THE WORDS OF POLICE, THAT SPEAKS TO THE UNIT WHILE SHE ANNOUNCES RUTHERFORD SPEECH.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Polls conducted by ABC News and The Washington Post revealed 36 percent of U.S. respondents in 2017 term themselves as Protestant faith members. A sharp drop from 2003's 50 percent. The statistics include a drop of eight points in evangelical white Protestant numbers. The number of Christians all in all has mirrored the predicament of Protestants. From the 83 percent of 2003 to 72 percent in 2017, the declining numbers are in stark contrast to the section of the U.S. population responding with “no religion” which have almost doubled to 21 percent. Self-identification of Catholics at 22 percent remain constant during this time. The number of adults who identify with other strands of Christianity like Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses went up marginally, from 11 percent to 14 percent. Trends are more pronounced among the American youth; only 19 percent of all adults under 30 years of age in 2003 claimed to have no religion. In 2017, that percent went up to 35 percent. These figures can be compared with the 22 percent who term themselves to be affiliated with any kind of Protestantism. These figures are significant as they denote a perceptible shift in power.

Read more at World Religion News: "Sharp Drop in White Evangelicals in U.S." https://www.worldreligionnews.com/?p=51977

• By Anna
      The God delusion- are Jehovah's Witnesses the exception?
      Religion seems to be more divisive and destructive than any other belief system. Why does the belief in a superhuman power bear such "rotten fruit"? 
      Each religion claims they are the one and only true religion. Is there such a thing as the only true Religion, and one that actually bears "good fruit"?
      Please watch the documentary below and feel free to share any observations you might have, or comment on the problem of religion and belief you have identified and/or the areas where Jehovah's Witnesses differ....etc.
      At the end of the video Dawkins asks imploringly, appealing to our sense of gratitude: “People sometimes say there must be more to this life....but how much more do you want”?
      I guess you can present that question to someone who was born in poverty and disease, and has no way out. Or you can ask someone who has been diagnosed with a fatal illness and has no way of getting better. Or you can ask someone who has lost loved ones who cannot be brought back.  I am sure they would tell you they wished for more.....  

• By The Librarian
      Belote Dage - Is There a True Religion From Gods Standpoint.mp3
      Agape!
      @The Librarian

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.