The World News Media

All Eight Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses members are now individually named on two New York Child Victims Act case documents

Jack Ryan

• Views 39.3k
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When speaking with others of a different point of view, it is important to treat them with a modicum of respect. It is important not to taunt and ridicule and insult. Of course, if such is your only o

Good point Srecko. I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the GB for creating a "certain" environment inside congregations though. In fact, (we know everything passes through the GB's hands fo

@Arauna How do you actually know that the GB members  " never personally touched a child (actually too innocent  to comprehend how wicked people can be - too good for this world), " ?  There is i

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Witness said:

Look at Acts 17 again.  I think you'll see that it is speaking not of Christ, but of God.

"God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. "

Same, circumstance. It's to a greater degree with God. When has god needed man for anything, yet man needs Jesus for salvation. I don't believe the watchtower is spoken as the wife of God, but rather an earthly instrument of God, which God has used from the starting of time. He gave the Holy Spirit directly to the prophets in the O.T. and he gave the Holy Spirit in the N.T. to those that would become his ambassadors by baptism. The difference is literal and spiritual. It has not stopped.

6 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Private clubs can set any rules that they want.

I have house rules that Ah wants, and have had quarrelsome guests removed by the police, so I did not have to shoot them, which would have involved a LOT of paperwork.

Then why give access to anyone. Do opposers and witnesses receive the same consideration? Let's just drop it. It's insulting to see the justification.

It has been my experience being her for more than seven years that insulting ideas is O.K. ... but without OBVIOUS prior justification, insulting specific people is verboten, but even then,  a great deal of patience is shown before the boom is dropped, and only after many warnings, hints and objections.

It's THAT simple, but the clueless never get it.

... but to be fair, I have known BRILLIANT people, with Master and Doctors Degrees, that could not find their way out of a room, if a stripe was painted on the floor, with arrows.

16 minutes ago, John Paul said:

Then why give access to anyone. Do opposers and witnesses receive the same consideration? Let's just drop it. It's insulting to see the justification.

The clueless will NEVER "get it", because they have Narcissistic Personality Derangement which is a very real affliction ( look it up), and they are literally incapable of understanding the concept.

They are no more capable of overcoming it than an amputee can grow new legs.

The Librarian said to James Thomas Rook:

Yes... between WT, Google, Tumblr..... This has been the most stable platform yet that I have been able to land on in the last decade.

Sadly though... the "archive" is in Google's hand now....

And the threads don't offer an easy way to find stuff without going through the search feature...

I feel your pain.

I'm open to ideas guys...

You might look into the BB software that runs on this board:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/

3 minutes ago, AlanF said:

You might look into the BB software that runs on this board:

You do not fight a war with the army you WISH you had ... you fight with the army you HAVE!

One characteristic of Narcissistic Personality Derangement is that EVERYTHING that is sub-optimum is someone else's fault.

Be a sport ... look it up.

55 minutes ago, John Paul said:

I don't believe the watchtower is spoken as the wife of God, but rather an earthly instrument of God, which God has used from the starting of time.

Well, check this out.

Here is one version of “wifelike organization”

Contrary to the advice of the organization of Jehovah’s witnesses, the appointed servants in the Christian congregation and even their parents, some youngsters will at an early age get romantically involved with one of the opposite sex.

Further, they fail to heed the counsel of Pr 1 verse 8 of the same chapter which says, “Listen, my son, to the discipline of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother.” They do not listen to their parents and they do not listen to their heavenly Father, Jehovah, and their “mother,” Jehovah’s wifelike organization. w71 9/1 p. 526-527

This alludes to an earthly organization as Jehovah’s wifelike organization.

Here is another:

In what way did Jesus come forth from God’s “woman”? God sent forth his Son, his first creation, from His wifelike organization of spirit creatures in heaven to be the promised “seed.” w09 12/15 pp. 20-24 

This appears to be saying that an organization of angels conferred together with God to bring forth a “seed” – Jesus Christ.  Which is really impossible.

“The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old.

Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him  Prov 8:22,30

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.   Col 1:15-17 

19 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The clueless will NEVER "get it", because they have Narcissistic Personality Derangement which is a very real affliction ( look it up), and they are literally incapable of understanding the concept.

They are no more capable of overcoming it than an amputee can grow new legs

I agree. There is plenty of proof here, I wouldn't suggest otherwise. But I can also see an amputee walking a straight line with prosthetic's. I've seen some run a better marathon than those with real legs. Don't sell the disabled short.

James Thomas Rook Jr said:

1 hour ago, AlanF said:

Now we can watch Arauna complain that I answered none of her challenges and TrueTomHarley complain that this post is too long for him to read.

Such clowns!

I have read 24 "Jack Reacher" books in the last few years, and they take me about 9 hours each.

So, I have no trouble reading long tomes that are interesting.

AlanF's messages are long, but they are so filled with hate and vitriol, that I lose interest.  

The good points he makes, and there are many, are dramatically overshadowed by general nastiness and contempt for the readers he is trying to inform.

Perhaps everyone in the Universe named Allen *.*  has this affliction (?).

You seem to forget that when I use "hate and vitriol" it's always in the spirit of returning like for like.

You know very well that I've never been 'nasty' or you or to Anna or certain other posters. Do you know why?

On the other hand, TrueTomHarley and Arauna scream bloody murder when I give them back what they first gave me. Do you have different standards for me and them?

If you actually wade through my responses to Arauna, you'll not only learn much, but you'll see her lies -- which I don't hesitate to point out -- her misrepresentations, her sidestepping and her hypocrisy. Same for TTH, to the extent that I bother with his overt nonsense any more.

It seems to me that you expect me, an atheist, to be a better Christian than these clowns.

Try using reason and logic and common sense instead of disparaging personal insults.

It may not work, but at least you have done your duty in a civil manner ,,,, AND ... don't get expelled.

Destroy the arguments .... not the person.

Pretend you are Spock,

.... and get a thick skin, and a sense of humor.

10 minutes ago, John Paul said:

Don't sell the disabled short.

Well, a person without legs WOULD be short.

54 minutes ago, John Paul said:

Then why is it in an open forum? This justification makes no sense.

And it has to make sense (or be "justified") to you because you are...(insert impressive title here)?

Let's have everyone start to use the new rule: BNBR .  Be nice, Be respectful.

Or at least stop calling one another names.

Attack the ideas and not the person directly.

That is why I banned Allen Smith who cannot seem to help himself from ad hominem attacks... and John Butler for his calling harm to be done to actual human beings (illegal).

TrueTomHarley said:

48 minutes ago, AlanF said:

TTH's failure to reveal what he clearly knows is the source is, as usual, thoroughly dishonest.

It’s not dishonest at all. It is a very old expression, seldom heard anymore, and I don’t keep track of minutia.

Yet another dishonest sidestep, a clumsy red herring. Let's examine the relevant parts of the exchange, shall we?

TTH: This is AlanF’s taunt, Witness. He has said it innumerable times and now Arauna has adopted it once or twice in her replies.

Now, exactly what in your statement is "a very old expression, seldom heard anymore"? Plain old English?

After that I wrote:

<<<<
The May 1, 1957 Watchtower said (p.274):

<< If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organization as our mother. >>

This makes for a truly excellent taunt because the idea expressed is so cultish.

TrueTomHarley's comment that this is my taunt is true in the sense that I often use it to taunt braindead JWs, but I've used the quote several times in this thread and many times in old threads. TTH's failure to reveal what he clearly knows is the source is, as usual, thoroughly dishonest.
>>>>

So, TTH, exactly where in your latest post did you respond rationally to what I actually said? Obviously you did not; hence your red herring response.

Besides, Jehovah’s organization is known to be heavenly with an earthly component. WT is only the earthly component. It is you who are dishonest.

LOL! One of the JW organization's many myths its leaders promulgate.

There are so many disproofs of this myth it's hard to count them.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.