The World News Media

Can anyone explain this to me?: The rest of the dead did not come to life UNTIL the 1,000 years were ENDED.

DeeDee

• Views 4.5k
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. Some Witnesses would take that literally. But in the last couple of decades, there has been a toning down of the talk about who will be destroyed and who will survive. JWs expect to survive as a

The previous answers have much merit. It can also be summed up like this: (Genesis 18:25-28) . . .It is unthinkable that you would act in this manner by putting the righteous man to death with th

Your answer: I certainly don't claim to understand everything about Russell's ideology. I'm actually not even insisting that he erred in judgment. He may very well be right when he claimed that

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Gone Away said:

it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.

Oh I quite agree with you, however when it is stated in the publications otherwise, what do you make of it? Do you side with scripture or do you side with the organizations publications? 

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep 1 p.19

"They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation." Kingdom Ministry Nov 1990

Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah's universal organization." Watchtower 2006 May 15 p.22 "Are You Prepared for Survival?"

"But Jehovah's servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things." Watchtower  Dec 2007

"An even greater mistake would be to allow the faults of others to stumble us and cause us to leave Jehovah’s organization. Were that to happen, we would lose not only the privilege of doing God’s will but also the hope of life in God’s new world."  Watchtower June 2016 study edition

So while some of you claim that it is only God who decides, which IS true, the wt has made the claims otherwise.

Gone Away:   Which side are you on? The Bible, God's word, or the publications of the wt? 

JW Insider: While the talk may be toned down, the position hasn't changed since at least 1989. Unless it has changed in the past 2 years

Through the publications of the wt, they have stated that only jws will survive Armageddon and the 1000 year reign.  So those of you who are jws, how does that sit with you in light of scripture?

19 hours ago, Gone Away said:

it’s not our job to judge who will or wonÂ’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in JesusÂ’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.

9 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Unless it has changed in the past 2 years

Don't know about changes, but that was the official position about   image.png  as far as I can see .

Of course statements like the ones you quote could be misunderstood by onlookers to suggest that organisational membership is all that is required for salvation, but that is not the view of anyone taking the Bible seriously. If your agenda includes making that point, then in the light of Matthew 7:21-23, (quoted earlier), it is a good point and is duly noted.

1 minute ago, Gone Away said:

Of course statements like the ones you quote could be misunderstood by onlookers to suggest that organisational membership is all that is required for salvation, but that is not the view of anyone taking the Bible seriously. If your agenda includes making that point, then in the light of Matthew 7:21-23, (quoted earlier), it is a good point and is duly noted.

It is interesting to note that you too, thought that those quotes would lead someone to believe that the wt is saying that one must be part of the wt org for salvation. That must be because it DOES SAY THAT. 

lets try this another way. According to the publications produced by the wt:

What group solely has any scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system? 

What group must one identify with to gain salvation?

If we left a group and lost the hope of life in God's new world because of leaving this group, what group would that be? 

53 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

lets try this another way. According to the publications produced by the wt:

What group solely has any scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system? 

What group must one identify with to gain salvation?

If we left a group and lost the hope of life in God's new world because of leaving this group, what group would that be? 

Yes it seems that the GB of the JW Org think they own God. And this must relate to the other discussion about whether the GB have put themselves in the place of Jesus Christ. 

We know that no one comes to the Father except through the Son. So we approach Jehovah through Jesus Christ. And, Jesus Christ has been given power and authority to judge us all.   Um, no mention of being a member of the Org here. We will all be judged as individuals either by Christ or the Angels, if the Angels have been given authority to do so.

However i was talking (calmly) about this with my wife over dinner. It would be sensible for God to have a useable organisation here on earth at the time of Judgement... If as it seems, the GB, and therefore at present the JW Org, are not suitable for purpose, then what will Jehovah / Jesus Christ do ? The GB are stumbling so many that they must be blood guilty of much. Hundreds of people are leaving the JW Org earthwide. This is because congregants can see the GB and elders are acting against the instructions given by Christ. So therefore if someone leaves the Org for the right reasons, as I did, I cannot see that Jehovah or Jesus Christ would punish them. 

Or do you think people should continue to offer children to Molech just to please the GB. 

41 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

The GB are stumbling so many that they must be blood guilty of much. Hundreds of people are leaving the JW Org earthwide. This is because congregants can see the GB and elders are acting against the instructions given by Christ. So therefore if someone leaves the Org for the right reasons, as I did, I cannot see that Jehovah or Jesus Christ would punish them. 

Or do you think people should continue to offer children to Molech just to please the GB. 

The wt IS offering children to Molech by means of allowing pedophiles to hide within. 

It is super simple, report abuse to the police........period.

Quit trying to be above the law. 

In fact we are to pray for those in charge, government leaders/police/mayors/etc. 

1 Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

damn typical fashion!!!! UGH, distracted this from the main topic by means of the shell game. 

You're good mr gone away, very good. I bit. 

Back to our regular scheduled program. 

So which is it? Alliance with the Bible on who is still here after Armageddon or the wt and its publications? 

11 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

damn typical fashion!!!! UGH, distracted this from the main topic by means of the shell game. 

You're good mr gone away, very good. I bit. 

Back to our regular scheduled program. 

So which is it? Alliance with the Bible on who is still here after Armageddon or the wt and its publications? 

Well for anyone truly wanting to serve God properly it has to be alliance with God's written word. in fact serving God not serving the GB of JW Org. 

However i do have many thoughts about the Bible, such as was it written only for a certain type of people to understand fully. The Bible was written with the aid of Holy Spirit, so then is it only fully understandable by an anointed class who have a 'special' relationship with God ?

Then of course comes the next question.“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?

In my opinion it cannot be the Governing Body of the JW Org for many reasons. One reason being that they change their minds about the meaning of scriptures so often. This is like taking the food out of someone's mouth whilst they are yet chewing it, and then putting different food in... 

Another reason is obviously the Child Abuse /  Pedophilia issues, which a loving caring anointed class wound not allow to happen. 

And another reason being the way they lump heavy burdens on the congregants by means of 'traditions of men'. Shunning being one example. 

So. 'Who really is.......................... Well God will have to let us know for sure before the Judgement comes, otherwise will it have been fair to us if we are in confusion ?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.