Patiently waiting for Truth

• Views 4.1k
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you have just inadvertently admitted why Jesus was so dead-set against looking for signs indicating how close we were to the END. When people begin trying to use various ideas from world event

Quote @JW Insider "No one should be able to say, oh look at this war, "See here!" it is the greatest war ever seen, or "Look at this great earthquake, or famine, or pestilence, " But isn't that w

Facts are nice, but they are overrated. They are downright dangerous things in the hands of some, who handle them as deftly as a surgeon with a jackhammer. Facts mean little in themselves. It’s h

Posted Images

Perhaps the problem lies in our concept of what is the "proper" worship of god.
For example, "true" worship of God, within a religious system, would mean that there is nothing that makes that worship questionable. Doctrine, the way the doctrine as whole or particular doctrine is applied, the state of the spiritual heart of the believer toward himself, toward god and toward other people and the relationship of the believer to the world around him as whole.
But we can also lay out the theory and the possibility that the "true" worship of God is relative and perhaps does not exist, because people who participate in the worship process have the problem of establishing what is true and what is not, and not just about God and Bible, but about themselves.

Also, perhaps people forget possibility how god's opposer have no problem with religion where 50, 68 or 95% of doctrine is "true" but rest is not. Or how members of some religion are most peaceful people in the world but one or few of their's doctrines are "false true". 

If members of some religion have idea how they have "the truth", but in the same time that "truth", as concept, is under various process of transformations under and because influence of "light", and how content of "pure" truth and doctrine depend on our progress of understanding, than people create specific way of worshiping god.

In all that we need answer on: how far true god is ready to go in accepting human worship that is, and we clearly see that, contaminated with human's and devil's influence?  

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In all that we need answer on: how far true god is ready to go in accepting human worship that is, and we clearly see that, contaminated with human's and devil's influence?  

When thinking of the necessity of "new light"; which WT history shows was never "light" at all, (i.e. this generation teaching), I remembered Jesus' words at  Matt 5:37

37 But let your statement be ‘Yes, yes; no, no,’ and anything beyond these is from the evil one.

Seriously, God and Christ both, don't have anything to do with any supposed "light" that the Wt. may attempt to shine.  

On 3/22/2020 at 11:54 AM, JW Insider said:

In a nearly related topic, how many are using Zoom for their meetings this weekend? Are your meetings one-way, or can you participate with answers to questions, for example?

We are using Zoom, with those who have parts being on camera, including a few designated to comment, and the rest watching...

We use zoom. About 40 little screens. The sound helper opens / closes mic. to each participant. Yestarday we got a letter from th Spanish branch with instructions.

The whole congregation is excited

The  situation in my city is not serious, but in Madrid is horrible because the gobern gave permission for a feminist demostration in March 8th . with tousands of participants

13 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

4J:

You failed the test I use.

You have different criteria than I use.

You are so funny James.  Your 'test' is not important to me. 

If you are blind enough or lazy enough to remain with CCJW then why should i be concerned about your opinion ?  I gave you an option, which you obviously do not like. 

Stay safe, America seems to be suffering badly. 

On 3/19/2020 at 1:55 AM, 4Jah2me said:

No organisation is suitable for God to use right now. No organisation is clean enough or Spiritua

That is your opinion. You are telling God that you feel there is no organization clean enough....  

Do you not remember the scripture where David said that if jehovah only looked at our faults then no-one will be able to stand before him.... 

Israel was very imperfect but jehovah stuck with his purpose for them. 

28 minutes ago, Arauna said:

There is a feature where you can raise your hand..... so we do it as in a real meeting. If people are picked to answer it takes away spontaneity...... just my thought....

The gray boxes suddenly appear with name only. It is like a drum roll announcing the appearance of yet another friend. Then the video comes online, as though the cymbal crash. I can get used to this. There are some aspects of it I even prefer—such as wearing my slippers.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.