Patiently waiting for Truth

• Views 4.1k
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you have just inadvertently admitted why Jesus was so dead-set against looking for signs indicating how close we were to the END. When people begin trying to use various ideas from world event

Quote @JW Insider "No one should be able to say, oh look at this war, "See here!" it is the greatest war ever seen, or "Look at this great earthquake, or famine, or pestilence, " But isn't that w

Facts are nice, but they are overrated. They are downright dangerous things in the hands of some, who handle them as deftly as a surgeon with a jackhammer. Facts mean little in themselves. It’s h

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Kosonen said:

11  “And from the time that the constant feature has been removed and the disgusting thing that causes desolation has been put in place, there will be 1,290 days.12  “Happy is the one who keeps in expectation and who arrives at the 1,335 days!

Here we see that the constant feature will be removed. And that will be followed by 1335 difficult days. 

I think enduring that time will be easier if we are confident that after 1335 days it will get better. Don't you think that?

"Constant feature" - And from the time the regular burnt offering is removed and the abomination that causes desolation is set up there will be one thousand two hundred and ninety days.

"From the time the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days"

Who performed "burnt offerings" in the earthly temple on a regular, constant, basis?  

Who are to give "sacrifices of praise" today?  Heb 13:14,15

Who acts as "priests"/clergy in the organization today, by "representing"  God's true priesthood?  1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16

And you must say to the rebellious, to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord YHWH: “Enough for you, house of Israel, of all of your detestable things! 7 At your bringing foreigners who are uncircumcised of heart and uncircumcised of flesh to be in my sanctuary to profane it, my temple, as you offered my food, fat, and blood, so you broke my covenant by all of your detestable things. 8 And you did not observe the responsibility of my sanctuary, but you appointed them as the keepers of my responsibility in my sanctuary for you.”  Ezek 44:6-9

The "constant feature" has been removed.  The "abomination"/ "disgusting thing" is the elder body in the organization.

“But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be” (let the one who reads understand), “then those in Judea must flee to the mountains!"  Mark 13:14 

Who has the power to judge God's anointed priesthood?  To "kill" them?  To "kill" any who reject this abomination and their lies?  Rev 13:15

Do not let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and who exalts himself over every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits down in the temple of God, proclaiming that he himself is God. 2 Thess 2:3,4

Do you realize what the temple of God is?  

Consequently, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but you are fellow citizens of the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone,21 in whom the whole building, joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are built up together into a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.  Eph 2:19-22

If you are truly an anointed one, YOU are part of that temple.  1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17

@JW Insider

*** yb75 p. 146 Part 2—United States of America ***
So, as Anna MacDonald recalls: “1925 was a sad year for many brothers. Some of them were stumbled; their hopes were dashed. They had hoped to see some of the ‘ancient worthies’ [men of old like Abraham] resurrected. Instead of its being considered a ‘probability,’ they read into it that it was a ‘certainty,’ and some prepared for their own loved ones with expectancy of their resurrection.

This was probably the saddest and most embarrassing year in the history of the Watch Tower Society. Does this sound happy?

Didn't a similar thing happen in the early 1970's ? Didn't brothers/sisters sell their homes, live in their garages,  give up full time jobs, get into debt ,all because the GB / CCJW said that Armageddon around 1975 ? Whether 1975 was actually put in writing is not important because we all know it was more than a 'suggested' date. 

BUT STILL many of you JWs insist that your CCJW is 'the best game in town'. 

When I read what @Witness had written above (it's that one comment I'm referring to), it makes far more sense than many things in the Watchtower magazines.  

My heart is always open to consider all things, but JW Insider regularly makes it clear that people should not trust those 'leaders' of the CCJW. 

Conclusion, never trust the best game in town............... 

1 hour ago, Witness said:

“But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be” (let the one who reads understand), “then those in Judea must flee to the mountains!"  Mark 13:14 

Given the very long time and different religious ideologies, but also different interpretations within the same religious community, one could conclude that a "disgusting thing" exists at all times and in all places. Because of this, people who see and want to react, must constantly be ready to "flee to the mountains".

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

Does this sound happy?

Didn't a similar thing happen in the early 1970's

Similar, but not quite the same thing as picking a date and then saying, "well it wasn't 1975 let's see if it's going to be 1976 or 1977" etc. From the tied-in perspective of counting the number of years in a life-span or generation starting with someone old enough in 1914, then yes, it was part of a series of failed dates. But, interestingly, even though 1975 was just a part of an expectation for 'what the 1970's would bring,' that particular prophetic expectation for 1975 did not get stronger as the 1970's wore on after 1975. Instead it was dropped like a hot potato for a couple of years. No one talked about it in 1976, even though you'd think it would become even more important. Shows how much focus had actually been put on that one year even though technically it was about the decade of the 70's.

But I was also referring to how Daniel says that the person who waits until the last chance "1335" would be happy, and how the Watchtower still identifies this time ending in 1925 and 1926 as "time of great happiness." Yet it was actually a sad time.

*** [Daniel's Prophecy] dp chap. 17 p. 303 par. 24 Identifying True Worshipers in the Time of the End ***
at the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days!” (Daniel 12:12) The angel gives no clues as to when this period begins or ends. History suggests that it simply follows on the heels of the preceding period. In that case it would run from the autumn of 1922 to the late spring of 1926 (Northern Hemisphere). Did the holy ones come to a state of happiness by the end of that period? Yes, in important spiritual ways.

*** dp chap. 17 p. 304 par. 26 Identifying True Worshipers in the Time of the End ***
The issue of March 1, 1925, carried the historic article “Birth of the Nation,” giving God’s people a full understanding of what had happened in the 1914-19 period. After 1925 passed, the holy ones no longer served God with an immediate, explicit deadline in view. Rather, the sanctification of Jehovah’s name was paramount. This vital truth was highlighted, as never before, in the January 1, 1926, . . .

The period of 1335 is said to have ended in the late spring of 1926, but if we look at the literature, we see that 1925 was still being pushed right up to the last day of 1925. The expression '1925 is not over yet' was used in a publication, very similarly to how Millerites still thought the 1844 year would be correct even if the October date had passed.

Different from 1975, the back-peddling began when 1925 arrived. But in this case the back-peddling wasn't a drop of the expectation, but a shift to include 1926 in the prediction. So that the pain and embarrassment and sadness was merely extended by giving false hope for another year.

History proves that the ouster proceedings began promptly on time. Prophecy indicates that 1925-1926 will see the greater part of the ousting completed. All the world's statesmen are dreading the next few years." The Way to Paradise (1925) p.171

"The year 1926 would therefore begin about October first, 1925. ... We should, therefore, expect shortly after 1925 to see the awakening of Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Melchisedec, Job, Moses, Samuel, David, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, John the Baptist, and others mentioned in the eleventh chapter of Hebrews. The Way to Paradise (1925) p.224

It's so typical for persons to get their entire lives wrapped up in chronology. Once they get started, it becomes kind of a trap that they never give up on. And then Jesus warned against it, so that we know it's also unchristian and unloving. Russell was attracted to Adventist chronology from a very young age and kept at it until he died in 1916. Harold Camping (non-JW) in the United States was another case of someone who just kept predicting right up until he died, hurting thousands of people by doing so. I had a very sad conversation with one of his "flock" the day before the "end."

5 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

My heart is always open to consider all things, but JW Insider regularly makes it clear that people should not trust those 'leaders' of the CCJW. 

Conclusion, never trust the best game in town............... 

You take my often expressed sentiments out of context ...

In context, Jehovah's Witnesses are the "Best Game In Town", because all the others are so much worse.

It is clear from the Bible that God works THROUGH the Congregations.

What do you suggest is BETTER than what I have now?

Please tell me, and I will transfer in an instant (upon verification, of course ...)

Without that ... your arguments are specious and useless.

Because that, and that alone .. is where the "rubber meets the road".

Humans...ALL humans are seriously flawed.

You expect diamond hardness from sticks of chalk.

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

It is clear from the Bible that God works THROUGH the Congregations.....You expect diamond hardness from sticks of chalk.

I admit I have misjudged you at times. Fortunately, it doesn’t matter. I have no pull at all in the heavens,

Statements such as this prompt me to recalculate. 

What the new sum will be I am not sure. But I am tweaking the algorithms.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, 4Jah2me said:

I accept the lead of good examples. These "leaders" set a very good example in promoting international brotherhood, organizing efficient world wide preaching, designing an educational program that puts Bible examples in front of us constantly so we can learn from good and bad examples. Also, the level of morality that's promoted includes, not just the standard morality of fundamentalists, but also neutrality when it comes to participation in divisive politics and violent wars. I don't remain with my brothers and sisters because of a history of chronology doctrine, and I do my best to point out that this is a trap which could start rearing its ugly head again when the two-part generation starts running out.

But as JTR said, find me another religion or association that I could join, and if it's better, I'll join it. Just make sure it has the same position on War, Trinity, Neutrality, Preaching, and New Heavens and New Earth.

It doesn't take any sort of organized religion to develop a relationship with God and Christ.  John 4:23,24  Many cults boast of an "international brotherhood", as did the Nazis.  Efficient worldwide preaching work is not spiritually efficient, if it is laced with lies, that have their source from the leader's mouths. Matt 7:15-20; Rev 16:13,14 Why would anyone desire to lead people into such a trap, a trap that is called, "truth" when it is not, and never has been, pure truth?  

Jer 8:17; Matt 24:24; John 8:44

@James Thomas Rook Jr. It is clear from the Bible that God works THROUGH the Congregations.

But CCJW congregations are fed by the GB through the Watchtower, which has a history of lies and deceit and mistakes. It has been proven to deliberately misquote others such as scientists etc. It has promoted false hopes many times. It now seems to use all and any world event to promote the panic that 'the end is here' and with that it promotes the false idea that a person 'must be a baptised JW to be saved'. All this even when the GB admit to NOT being inspired by God. 

Frying pan or fire James, but it doesn't have to be either. You don't have to be a JW or have to be in another religion. I am not in any religion, but I still pray to God through Christ. 

What do you suggest is BETTER than what I have now?

Answer : Do not be in any religion, pray to God yourself asking for direction through Christ,  and wait on God to show which group of people HE will use. 

Imagine if millions of people did just that, then God would know how serious people were in looking for truth. 

Instead, people including JWs, sit in their comfort zone, having their ears tickled. Surrounded by like people, they comfort each other with the lies from their leaders. Putting their trust in men. How easy that is, how lazy that is, how disrespectful to God and Christ that is. 

And in places like Russia they die for their leaders and their 'religion', but not for God. They are just like soldiers dying for their country. Because they have put their faith in Men. 

@JW Insider I accept the lead of good examples 

Um, I'll try to stop laughing. Come on JWI, you have made clear that your GB are not a good example. I don't really want to harp back to CSA, withholding documents, lawyers telling lies in courts, et al, but that is just one example that your GB are NOT a good example to follow. 

Exalting themselves above others by saying only those 8 Men are the F&DS, is another example of them NOT being a good example to follow.  

But this is all just repeating what you already know. 

Quote " Also, the level of morality that's promoted includes, "

The immorality in the CCJW is mostly hidden unless you are one of them with a good eye and keen ear. Having been 'one of them' and having first hand knowledge of how bad things are in there, then i'm not misled by the 'cleaning of the outside of the dish'. Outsiders have no idea how bad the CCJW really is inside. And you, yourself have given us all more in depth info' about Bethal and such places. Homosexuality and wild parties if my memory serves me correctly. And also something about brothers being d/fed for having certain private Bible study groups ?  (I wish my memory was clearer).

Quote " neutrality when it comes to participation in divisive politics "

Maybe you need to talk to James on this one ? He seems to want details about voting or not.

James, God 'worked' through the congregations. Worked - past tense. that was in the first century. 

Just because CCJW is earthwide it means nothing, so is Islam and Catholicism.... 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.