The World News Media

THE RANSOM, WHO IS IT FOR ? THE BLOOD AND THE FLESH.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/jesus-sacrifice-ransom/

How Is Jesus’ Sacrifice “a Ransom for Many”?

1. Payment. The Bible says that Christians were “bought with a price.” (1 Corinthians 6:20; 7:23) That price is the blood of Jesus, with which he “bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.”Revelation 5:8, 9

Can we please take a look at this little quote from a JW Org page. Link is above for reference. 

It looks all good doesn't it ? But is it in fact deceiving ? It's the bit that I've highlighted in RED. 

It's a part quote from a scripture, AND, it is where I say that JW Org misuses scripture. 

Lets look at the Revelation scripture Ch 5 v 8, 9  BUT also include verse 10. 

When he took the scroll, the four living creatures and the 24 eldersk fell down before the Lamb, and each one had a harp and golden bowls that were full of incense. (The incense means the prayers of the holy ones.)l And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10  and you made them to be a kingdomp and priests to our God,q and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

In the top sentence ( marked as 1. Payment ) the GB / Writing department of CCJW / Watchtower make it look as if the Revelation scripture referenced is talking about ALL Christians. BUT, if we look at verse 10, we can see that it is talking only about the Anointed. How ? Because it says those ones are to rule as kings over the earth.” 

So, Jesus was slaughtered and with his blood he bought Anointed Ones from every tribe and tongue and people and nation,

Do people fully understand this ?

These ones eat the flesh and drink the blood of Christ.  John 6 v 53 - 56.

So Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54  Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day; 55  for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. 56  Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.

When Anointed ones are resurrected to heavenly life they have no further testing, because they have eaten the flesh and drank the blood of Christ and they are in union with Him. 

Whereas, the Earthly class do not eat and drink those things, so the ransom has not yet paid the price for them. Therefore the Earthly Class will get a testing at the end of the Thousand Years. Only on passing that test will the ransom of Christ pay the price for them and then they will 'come to life'. 

I feel these are not my words, but God's. I have never thought of myself as inspired but if i can be of use to God through Christ, then may that take place according to God's will. 

• Views 709
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Only on passing that test will the ransom of Christ pay the price for them and then they will 'come to life'.

For a balanced view, we must not forget for example: 

Revelation 7:14  So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Matthew 20:28 Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”

Matthew 26:27 And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you,  28 for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins.

The context in Revelation 20 about the rest coming to life is in speaking about litteral resurrection. The context is not speaking about any simbolic coming to life. Please keep that in mind. 

After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Amen.”

Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”

14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”

So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 

The "great" multitude (as in Matt 5:12) that comes out of the "great" tribulation, (as in Matt 4:16) is the faithful sealed, anointed remnant, serving in God's Temple.  

1 Cor 3:16, - Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

"having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit. Eph 2:20-22

Only God's priests are allowed to serve in God's Temple.  1 Pet 2:5,9; Ezek 44:6-9; 2 Chron 13:9; Num 3:10

Once the New Covenant/promise made with Jesus' bodily members, is fulfilled, life will come to the rest of God's children in the Kingdom.  The "marriage" of the Bride and Christ, brings forth life - children.  

"Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle (mobile temple) of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God."  Rev 21:1-3

"And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely."  Rev 22:17

https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/01/in-response-to-jan.html

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.