JW Insider

• Views 15.3k
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, and that according to Bible chronology, the FDS was appointed in 1919. So if 1914 was questioned, when were the FDS appointed? It would remove that whole aspect of what we have been taught, inclu

You are saying that they (GB) hang on to 1914 because if they get rid of it, they relinquish a Biblical base of authority. It's "nice" to have a Bible passage that talks about you and it's even "nicer

Quite so. And the understanding we have now, as proclaimed by the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses and supported by their application of Scripture, would appear to me to bear this out. The various persp

Posted Images

4 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

So how does one 'question the GB' ?

It is more easier and with less repercussions if you question the Bible. But to question GB ... :))) 

4 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

So how will those 'ten men' know exactly who that 'Jew' is ? 

How will ordinary "rank and file" know who "anointed" is? By watching JWorg broadcasting? :))

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

Which could NOT be the Revelation book by JW Org because they said it basically wasn't all true, in fact it probably had mistakes in..

These types of comments from you are so frequent that it seems clear to me you are someone who wants to be told what to do—by a “true anointed,” of course—but you do want to be told what to do.

Brothers who are like this are nightmares in the congregation—transforming every bit of counsel into a RULE that they beat others over the head with, so it is just as well that you are out. Much effort is made through the various schools to refine this ‘rule-mongering” quality out of our people. In your case, you appear to have saved them the trouble.

In 2016 ? Watchtower announced the discontinuation...including the “Creation” book, the “Isaiah” books, and the infamous “Revelation” book. 

What that means is that you cannot order them from Bethel anymore. Would you require them to print everything forever?

They have ALL been recently made available on the JW app, so they couldn’t have been THAT “infamous,” could they?  That they were not digitally available before I think is just a matter of having bigger fish to fry. They had to wait their turn. 

The discussions of the beasts with the seven heads—particularly the “image of the beast” that has life breathed into it by the two-headed one—the beast that was, was not, and yet is—the central issue of Jehovah’s sovereignty vs man’s sovereignty —there is nothing like it anywhere.

What have you fallen back to, 4Jah? Are you checking mean-looking animals at the zoo to see if there is one with 666 written on its forehead?

So then maybe my idea of another 10 years is not so silly after all.  

Your whole idea of another 10 years is irrelevant. Jesus was telling them that in the time period between the question and the fulfillment (turned out to be about 34 to 37 years) that it would be too late to try to prepare based on a sign. They should not start getting all excited about a war here, or a war there, an earthquake here or there, or a famine here or there, and to think that these might be signs of the END. So many of these things, even GREAT earthquakes, for example, might scare them half to death, might even kill some of them. But, stiil, they should not get all excited or alarmed into thinking it's a sign of the END, because there will be no sign of the end. At least not until it's too late to prepare, when the "strikingly visible" sign is already obvious in the skies -- and it's immediately after that point when the end of the age (synteleia of the aion) is upon them. 

The application for the end of that age was pretty obvious, that it would NOT be heralded by signs. And the application for the end of this age should be just as obvious, that it would NOT be heralded by signs. No one should get excited even by a publication from an apostle or an angel, that the end is near due to some sign someone thinks they are seeing. Because it could come at any time as a surprise. It needs no signs. There are certain things expected to happen that we shouldn't get too excited about, and wars, earthquakes are included. Even a letter from an apostle saying the end is upon us, should not get us too excited or alarmed that the end is upon us.

There have already been many times in history when Christians were killed by earthquakes, wars, and persecutions, and it was not a time to go off into the mountains to start waiting. Remember what Paul said:

(1 Thessalonians 5:1, 2) . . .Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night.

(2 Thessalonians 1:7-2:3)  But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength, 10 at the time when he comes to be glorified in connection with his holy ones and to be regarded in that day with wonder among all those who exercised faith, because the witness we gave met with faith among you. 11 To that very end we always pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling and with his power perform completely all the good that he pleases and every work of faith. 12 This is so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you and you in union with him, according to the undeserved kindness of our God and of the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 However, brothers, concerning the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you 2 not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be alarmed either by an inspired statement or by a spoken message or by a letter appearing to be from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here. 3 Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.

(2 Peter 3:10-12) 10 But Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be exposed. 11 Since all these things are to be dissolved in this way, consider what sort of people you ought to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion, 12 as you await and keep close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which the heavens will be destroyed in flames and the elements will melt in the intense heat!

Translating 2 Peter 3 and 2 Thess 2:2 as "day of Jehovah" instead of "day of the Lord" has resulted in a conflict that produces some confusion to explain away. Note:

*** w94 2/15 p. 21 par. 24 “Tell Us, When Will These Things Be?” ***
That day of Jehovah, when he executes vengeance, will come as a grand finale to the conclusion of the system of things that has marked the day of the Lord Jesus from 1914 onward.

We now have TWO different "days of the Lord." (There was no evidence that the word "Lord" in 2 Peter 3:12 should have been changed to "Jehovah." This is especially true of 2 Thess 2:2 where the context identified that day of the Lord, as the "the revelation of the Lord Jesus." ) Worse than that, it gives us TWO different "parousias." One "parousia" starts in 1914, and the "parousia of the day of Jehovah" in 2 Peter 3:12 hasn't started yet.

Notice that the day of the Lord, his presence, is the time when the heavens are destroyed and the elements will melt. In other words, it's a time of unmistakable destruction of the age. It's also the time when the living holy ones are taken up and the time when those holy ones who had died are taken up.

Also, these writings indicate that the apostles took Jesus words to mean that the end of the entire world system (age) would come as a thief just like the end of the Jewish age. But no one should be able to excite us with the idea that the day of the Lord is already here. (Yet, we have claimed that the day of the Lord already started, in 1914.) If it were already here it would be too late to prepare. Thus Christians are always prepared so they are not overtaken. We should never try to prepare based on a sign someone claims is already upon us. Jesus knew that this produces a kind of false Christianity and even the temptation to "lord it over" one another because we can imagine that we live in a time when "the Master is delaying" and we think that we should be something MORE than just a servant who continues to do things the way we did when the Master was here with us.

This is why the idea of a Governing Body believing they are the embodiment of the Faithful Slave can be so dangerous. It can be the same as falling into the temptation to say "my master is delaying" and try to become a "leader" or "rabbi" who can claim they know things that Jesus never claimed. If it was never OK to try to set oneself up as a leader or rabbi when Jesus was on earth, then why would it be OK to do that when he is "delaying."

ust the beginning ? Matt 24 v 8  All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. or  ' pangs of Birth' as the Interlinear reads.

Should also note that the Watchtower publications teach us that Kingdom was BORN in 1914, so all these birth pangs should have been in the years leading up to 1914.

(Revelation 12:1, 2) 12 Then a great sign was seen in heaven: A woman was arrayed with the sun, and the moon was beneath her feet, and on her head was a crown of 12 stars, 2 and she was pregnant. And she was crying out in her pains and in her agony to give birth.

That's supposed to be 1914. So we have the birth pangs starting after the child is born.

@Arauna  wrore: "If they were truly anointed they would not want to single themselves out and get their own following.  True humility does not mean you create your own club."

But according to Jesus it should not be a problem for anointed to privately study the bible without WT guidance. Jesus promised that he would be with them.

Matthew 18:19 Again I tell you truly, if two of you on earth agree concerning anything of importance that they should request, it will take place for them on account of my Father in heaven.+20  For where there are two or three gathered together in my name,+ there I am in their midst.”

4 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

Matthew 18:19 Again I tell you truly, if two of you on earth agree concerning anything of importance that they should request, it will take place for them on account of my Father in heaven.+20  For where there are two or three gathered together in my name,+ there I am in their midst.”

Yes, only if your motives are pure.  Why form an elite group? Jesus never gave permission for this. Read James and you will see that if you single out the rich man or show any partiality - you are not doing the will of  jehovah but your own will.

Quote @TrueTomHarley  "These types of comments from you are so frequent that it seems clear to me you are someone who wants to be told what to do—by a “true anointed,” of course—but you do want to be told what to do. "

Coming from a man that asks if he is allowed to use blood fractions. Is it legitimate ? He asks. 

Well Tom it seems to be you that want to be given instructions from men.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Yes, only if your motives are pure.  Why form an elite group? Jesus never gave permission for this. Read James and you will see that if you single out the rich man or show any partiality - you are not doing the will of  jehovah but your own will.

You are so naive  @Arauna .  Can you seriously not see that your GB are the ones forming an elite group.

It is they that claim they, only those 8 men, are the F&DS. It is they that tell other Anointed not to gather together to study God's Word.

Why would your GB tell the body of Christ not to gather together, to upbuild one another ? 

As for singling out the rich man. Anyone that supports the GB are in fact then 'singling out the rich man', by putting the GB above other Anointed. 

38 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Coming from a man that asks if he is allowed to use blood fractions.

You dodo, he has asked nothing of the sort. Go back and read it again.

If I ever reread Revelation and discover yet another beast—one described as one of those little yapping dogs that bite you in the ankle or pees on your pant leg the moment your back is turned, I will have an intrepration for that one that will even make your ‘true anointed” turn green with envy,

I just wrote  (and lost) a long answer which demonstrated how in the entire US civil war just over 640,000 were killed -  not millions. Another war in which in one day 3000 persons were killed in 1838...... in which guns were used in fierce battle. 

Only with godly intervention there were millions upon millions killed.  Only after 1914 do we see unprecedented numbers of persons  killed in one day..which fits the horses of Revelation....... the front horse being a crowned king.

Just read Matt 24 again and see the sequence of events in Jesus' time and today as well.  Some here have taken it out of sequence and context.  I wrote a paragraph about the constant wars and how Titus came back in 70CE - lost this too! 

Today we have similar signs. I read today how the Beidou  positioning and surveillance satelite system will take over the world by the alliance between Russia and China (with UN approval ) which will give them more navigational power (even underwater) than USA. Google is cooperating.  

After June 2020 the world will start to change and you will see what I have been talking about.  The signs are already here. When the thief will break in, we do not know.

My eyes are weak and my fingers bad..... so I say goodbye.  

I will go and give ideas to those who want to hear.  Not those who think they are superior to JWs or secular in their thinking.  I have to use my eyes on more worthy pursuits. 

I know what is going on in the world but my thinking is not worldly. I have not been compromised by secularism.

@JW Insider  It looks to me, in your last comment, that you are saying that the GB and JW Org teach false teachings by misusing scriptures.  They teach 'Signs of the times' which in truth are not signs of the times, but are things NOT TO USE as signs of the times.  Most JW congregants it would seem, believe that they ARE signs of the times, BECAUSE that is JW teachings.

Quoting from your above comment. 

But no one should be able to excite us with the idea that the day of the Lord is already here. (Yet, we have claimed that the day of the Lord already started, in 1914.)

This is why the idea of a Governing Body believing they are the embodiment of the Faithful Slave can be so dangerous.

Should also note that the Watchtower publications teach us that Kingdom was BORN in 1914, so all these birth pangs should have been in the years leading up to 1914.

That's supposed to be 1914. So we have the birth pangs starting after the child is born. "

I've said that I would not go door to door to teach lies. And I would not advise people to have a 'Bible Study' as it is not a true BIBLE study, but it is a book study, from a JW publication. What you have shown above proves my point exactly. 

@TrueTomHarley says he does the preaching work of God. But if he teaches from W/t publications and does a study from a JW publication it will have the lies / mistakes you have mentioned. 

SO, is it better to preach lies, or not to preach at all, until one knows truth. 

I know that I'm harsh. Jesus was also harsh. The things he called those Pharisees and other Jewish religious leaders. Whitewashed graves, hypocrites, sons of Vipers ? John 8 v  4  ( Jesus said )

You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father

So, although i do not compare myself to Jesus, I do think i have good reason to be harsh. I am looking for truth. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.