JW Insider

• Views 15.2k
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, and that according to Bible chronology, the FDS was appointed in 1919. So if 1914 was questioned, when were the FDS appointed? It would remove that whole aspect of what we have been taught, inclu

You are saying that they (GB) hang on to 1914 because if they get rid of it, they relinquish a Biblical base of authority. It's "nice" to have a Bible passage that talks about you and it's even "nicer

Quite so. And the understanding we have now, as proclaimed by the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses and supported by their application of Scripture, would appear to me to bear this out. The various persp

Posted Images

I kinda worry about Arauna, seriously. She seems to be looking for a sign when as already mentioned there will be no sign.  We do not know the day or the hour. Like a thief in the night. Isn't that plain to read ? 

Why look for a sign when one is not needed ? It seems to show a 'physical man' approach, not a 'spiritual man' 

38 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Someone has to delegate the work.  The GB do not do the work but give oversight.  So you think women should be doing this work when bible clearly says that overseers must be men?

Do you think women cannot be of the Anointed then ? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

You dodo, he has asked nothing of the sort. Go back and read it again.

If I ever reread Revelation and discover yet another beast—one described as one of those little yapping dogs that bite you in the ankle or pees on your pant leg the moment your back is turned, I will have an intrepration for that one that will even make your ‘true anointed” turn green with envy,

Of course you will, you're a story teller, it's your job. 

20 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

So, although i do not compare myself to Jesus, I do think i have good reason to be harsh. I am looking for truth. 

Yes, you have looked for it here on JWI’s thread.

Tell me more, JWI. Explain this point about 1914 again, JWI. These are things all over my head, JWI. Please run that by me again, JWI. Thank you for helping me, JWI’

And what is JWI’s reward for this helpfulness, when it becomes clear that he is not throwing out the baby with the bathwater?

24 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father

It is too stupid to be wicked.

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

I kinda worry about Arauna, seriously. She seems to be looking for a sign when as already mentioned there will be no sign.  We do not know the day or the hour. Like a thief in the night. Isn't that plain to read ?

It might seem plain to you. But I am not one of the anointed. At this point, this is a proposition to discuss amongst ourselves in this forum. Arauna has just as much right to her beliefs as I do. I'm sure the GB have seen these arguments before, and they have their reasons for continuing to read things differently. 

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

I'm sure the GB have seen these arguments before, and they have their reasons for continuing to read things differently. 

Do you think it MIGHT have something to do with ... oh, say ..... MONEY?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As Marvin Webster sez: "Y'all think about it."

============================================================

20 hours ago, César Chávez said:

Russell as indicated by his works “felt” Jesus “presence” in 1874, not that Jesus was invisibly here in 1874.

That was before they invented "TUMS".

Tums 01.jpg

Or, as Obi-Wan Kanobe cried out in anguish, on the Millineum Falcon, and Luke Skywalker turned and asked "What's the matter Obi-Wan ... did you suddenly feel a disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror, and suddenly went silent?"

Obi-Wan Kanobe, one hand on his forehead, and one on his stomach replied, " Naw ... just a bit of indigestion."

19 hours ago, Arauna said:

wars, famine, earthquakes, crimes .... can't be considered  as "unusual"  for humankind, these are not "miracles". But everyday process in life of people and Earth. Even "preaching" is not a miracle, but repeated history

How are they UNUSUAL as pertains Jesus prophesy? Most generations have not see 1 yet All in their lifetime!

A woman on the news this morning was 117 years old and has seen it all. We who have been born into it and may believe what we see is normal. However many lands prior to 1914 had not seen 1 of the facets that Jesus foretold would occur during the Last Days. 

16 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Yes, this is why the GB and Writing Dept' et al are so dangerous. Because JW boots on the ground have stopped thinking and just serve the GB and It's Org. You seem to admit it but when I put it in words you they deny it. You are kinda funny Anna.  

Blaming the GB et al for not using our brains is just another example of not using our brains. Each person is responsible for their own spirituality. When we stand in front of the judgment seat of God, there isn’t going to be an elder holding our hand, or telling us how to think or what to say.

Then he said to his disciples: “It is unavoidable that causes for stumbling should come. Nevertheless, woe to the one through whom they come!  It would be more advantageous for him if a millstone were hung from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones.

Yes, indeed. So we will let God be the judge of who stumbled who. There are also a scriptures which tell us what to do in order NOT to be stumbled.

Secondly. You know what would happen if a congregant started questioning the GB's 'guidance'. If a congregant started talking to others in their congregation, suggesting that the GB were giving false information. The said person would firstly be warned, secondly be disfellowshipped for 'causing a division in the congregation'. 

So how does one 'question the GB' ? Would they give me a personal invitation to visit them to question them ? I think not. (Apart from which i could never afford the air fare anyway).  I am talking about questioning the GB not writing to Bethel, as the later does no good at all. 

When I say questioning, that doesn’t necessarily mean literally questioning them by putting pen to paper or calling them, or causing a ruckus in the congregation.  It means that we can be on the alert to make sure of all things, and make sure (question) that all things are in harmony with the scriptures. That is why G. Jackson said anyone who has the Bible would be able to do so, and would be able to see if certain direction (from the GB) measured up, and would see if it was right or wrong direction. If we discern it’s wrong direction then we act on our own behalf, and not tell others what to do, because everyone else has a Bible too.

Are you sure it won't happen again ? Are not the Anointed today 'baptised' with Holy Spirit ? Are they not inspired of God ? How then, in fact, do they know they are the Anointed ?  You of little faith.

BUT your GB treads them down. Your GB slyly suggests that they might be 'mentally ill' and then to those that are Anointed it tells them they do not need to contact each other or to study God's word together.

Yes, the anointed are baptized with HS and there are various ways each unique to them as to how they “know”. However the Bible says the miracles would cease.

The WT on this topic merely points out some important facts, and it is good that it has been written. We had a sister in our hall who never looked up a scripture, never sang any songs, never answered, she just sat in the KH, would jiggle her car keys, walk around after the meeting telling people she is watching them. At one time she approached the platform during the meeting flicking a lighter in her hand. She was mentally ill. She also partook of the emblems each year. You judge for yourself whether she was of the anointed or not.

The WT was not demeaning any of the anointed. One of the GB’s own sons is of the anointed, and everything the WT said applies to him too. We already talked about why there is no need for the anointed to form some kind of special club, just for the anointed. The reason for that is because we are all one flock. Any building up and sharing of thoughts is done in each congregation. I very much appreciated the thoughts of the anointed couple I used to know before they died. 

Why would your GB do that ? Why would your GB say that only they, those 8 men, are the F&DS ? 

Would not truly anointed ones actually want to meet together ? Would not a true F&DS want to gather all the Anointed (via internet / telephone / letter / etc) so as to confer / discuss / build up and share thoughts and blessings from God through Christ ? 

The idea is that just as Jesus distributed the loaves to his disciples and his disciples fed the crowds, so the other sheep would be fed at the hands of a few. I imagine it is a practical reason too, because who knows who really is anointed or not if one does not know them personally. It would mean that TTH for example, could claim to be of the anointed, and then imagine the kind of stuff he would be sharing via the internet! (just kidding @TrueTomHarley 😄

You think JESUS gets it wrong ? Seriously ?

Of course not! And neither does @b4ucuhear.

See, this is another instance where the obvious needs to be explained to you. I understood exactly what bc4ucuhear was saying, because I know, and he knows, and all Witnesses know, that Jesus does NOT make mistakes. Therefore in that context, b4 was merely saying that IF it appears that Jesus is making a mistake, (because he oversees the congregations) then we know it’s NOT Jesus,  in fact this brings me to what else b4 said regarding Jesus’ oversight: "Jesus and Jehovah have provided direction in his Word as guidelines for how the congregation should be run. sometimes men in authority go "beyond what is written" and we should use our "clear thinking faculties" to be able to discern the difference. The fact is, that if one is too lazy to study and read God's Word or are gullible, you can start acting like you are in a cult - even when you are not". Also " So, if Jesus controls all the elders like some sort of spiritual remote control by means of holy spirit, (as some may think), then everything that takes place within the organization should be perfect, because Jesus is perfect and would use holy spirit in a perfect way. Why is that of interest? Because too many things happen within thes  organization (even the early Christian congregation), that are clearly not "controlled" by Jesus - unless he is deliberately controlling them to do bad things..(logic alert for Mr. Butler!!!  b4 is not here implying that Jesus would do that, it's just to show the absurdity of that notion)  I won't get into detail, but things happen that shouldn't happen and even very unscriptural things happen. My description of the factors that come into play regarding that interplay, attempted to explain the discrepancies that clearly exist if you are not living in a "snow globe." I had mentioned 1 Tim. 5:24 because it plays an important role in helping to understand why bad things can go on within the congregation for decades. All one has to do is look at the way that scripture is true historically to get a better understanding of how it applies today. The fact that elders have a measure of autonomy is hinted at by the phrase: "By heeding his words to each of the seven congregations, present-day elders see how they can handle similar situations." So elders make their decision based on "heeding his words" which are contained where? In the Bible - and so are accountable to Jesus as to how they use the authority he gives them"

Although b4ucuhear was giving the example of elders in the congregation, by extension the same principles apply to the GB, they are elders too.

(For some reason you thought it was funny as you gave it a laughing emoji).

But you still didn't answer my question. Bible in hand, what have you found that the GB are doing wrong?

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Do you think it MIGHT have something to do with ... oh, say MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No, you concrete-brained dinosaur—“all mixed up and firmly set”—because they act the same way when no money at all is at involved. They do things that cost a fortune to benefit penny-less persons in the developing world

If it was all about money with them, they would have TOLD you to go to college, earn as much money as you can, and send it all to them! They would not be recommending people at every turn to lighten up on their use of the world—they would advise people to double down on it!

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

"What's the matter Obi-Wan ... did you suddenly feel a disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror, and suddenly went silent?"

Just one blockhead on the WNMF will do it for me.

2 hours ago, Anna said:

However the Bible says the miracles would cease.

Can you point that out in the Bible for me?

2 hours ago, Anna said:

The reason for that is because we are all one flock.

So, all JWs are members of the anointed Body of Christ?  Can the Body function if the members are separated from each other?  

"that there should be no division in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."  1 Cor 12:25,26

Just because one of the GB members has a son that is anointed, doesn't mean the son  shouldn't join with other "bodily" members.  

3 hours ago, César Chávez said:

How little people here know their history and the

I (the little person),  enjoyed how you laid out the British part of the empire history in the middle east before 1914 and you mentioned how Russel understood 1914 to be significant - by whatever means. 

To me, this history you highlighted is important history of the "little horn" in Daniel chapter 7, the one which boasts and later grows and becomes the 7th head of the beast in rev 13 - also depicted as the false prophet of Revelation 13 (the beast with 2 horns -anglo-american dual world power- who speaks like a lamb but is a dragon.)  This is the beast who will harass the holy ones of God and also, in it's time the Son of man will go into the court before his Father and receive his crown - the kingdom government. This time sequence is important in time of end prophecy because it relates to the other prophecies in Matt and Luke about the perousia. 

This is the 7th beast which must rule for a period of time and in which time according to Daniel 7 - jesus would be crowned in heaven........... and the " image of the beast " will come into existence (go down and come up again).  This happens AFTER Jesus is crowned in heaven. These previous 7 beasts were confined to certain parts of the globe where the majority of god's people were to be affected by its hegemony.  

Since the nation of God- dedicated to his name and called his people according to Isaiah 2:2-4-   will come from  every tribe and nation "in the last days" ,  one realizes that one now must look at global events - no longer only at regional developments or to single empires (7  consecutive heads). The nation of God will be affected by what is going on at a global scale in time of end since the "image of the beast" has 7 heads with 10 crowns and it becomes the eighth king for a short period.  All those who refuse to worship the image of the wild beast will be killed and will not be able to buy or sell in the countries they are living. Rev13:15.  This happens before Armageddon.  The 7th head and image of the beast which is the 8th king,  clearly indicates quite a period of time will pass after the crowning of christ.

Jehovah is a strict time keeper and let's us know in his word what to expect. We have already entered the time where 176 nations have willingly given the "image of the beast " authority to control its policies.  The UN has already dictating policy to EU, Canada, Australia, NZ, southern and central Africa and has just given Russia and China the go-ahead for its 35 satellites to surveille those under its jurisdiction when China and Russia have synchronized their surveillance systems by June 2020.  Beidou and GLONASS.  It is capable of much more than they are telling. The middle east, Turkey and north Africa will work with Russia.  China and Russia has forged its alliance which is getting stronger.  UN sees China as a world model to follow - crazy though it seems.  They believe that control of populations will bring world peace.  Those who do not obey will face the consequences. 

America has been infiltrated by NGOs and foreign money  via foundations, propaganda and philosophy, to the extent that it will comply with UN wishes.   I doubt the next election will be fair because Google is working with UN as is other major super capitalist / oiligarchical corporations . .... filtering all propaganda to suit UN objectives.  BUT we may still be surprised as there is a nationalistic popular resistance in EU, UK, and US against UN policies of globalization with no borders. This may lengthen the time for UN to brings its plans to fruition.  So we can read the times we are living in but do not know how fast or slow it will proceed. ..... so the day and hour remains elusive.

I look at current "global " history - to see where we are in stream of time.  The slave has given us enough food and understanding to peer into the scriptures on our own.  They have understood the beast, image of the beast etc.  Spot-on.  There is no doubt in my mind that they are used by jehovah - warts and all.

This is why the GB is so urgent in its message to get ourselves into spotless  condition to stay faithful. Things/events will now start moving very fast so that no-one can keep up with the quick  developments. UN, Russia and China have been working on 20-25 year strategies....and global capitalists in the West and UN have all been  working together for at least 70 years. Their plans will come to fruition because opposition will be crushed in a brutal way.

We are already almost there but the exact new developments and the time remains hidden.

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

self aggrandizing lie, contrary to facts.

I read the 607 discussion on this forum a while back ..... I saw that no-one mentioned the festival of Akitu which took place in 538 BCE. Cyrus was appointed king of kings on Nissan 1-14 in 14 day festival. It was then when he gave decree that all could go back.  It gave one year for Israelites all over the empire to get the message, pack up, meet each other and take the trek of 4 months back to Jerusalem.

All contributors did not know about this or wilfully ignore this historical fact. .... in order to disprove the accuracy of 607 BCE. 

5 hours ago, the Sower of Seed said:

A woman on the news this morning was 117 years old and has seen it all.

Is she valid "witness"? ...of ALL things?? Can she explain clearly and with complete memory? How much witnesses of this sort we have, 2 or 3? 

After all, if they remembered ALL this relevant things as "signs of events", that is not proof how WT Society doctrinal explanations and interpretations are "the truth".  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.