The World News Media

ALL aspects of 1914 doctrine are now problematic from a Scriptural point of view

JW Insider

• Views 45.1k
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before C.T.Russell was born, commentaries on Bible prophecy included  dozens of potential dates. Nearly 200 years ago, a couple of them even included 1914 as potentially significant time period.

WAITING… AND FIGHTING ARchiv@L, I appreciate your advice. Very laconic, but appropriate. Only to develop a little further my attitude, let me mention David example in, perhaps, the most difficult pa

(Luke 12:47, 48) . . .Then that slave who understood the will of his master but did not get ready or do what he asked will be beaten with many strokes. But the one who did not understand and yet did t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

During the "Middle Ages" these types of discussions consumed people for HUNDREDS of years ... and the synopsis was the phrase "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

I try to keep my life simple, and since no one can prove that invisible things that SUPPOSEDLY happened a hundred or so years ago, using "evidence" that can be interpreted a hundred different ways ... and all with internal reasoning that makes sense to the proponents, and, I ...having ALSO been consumed with such things earlier in my life ... have come to the conclusion that it is ALL a complete and utter waste of my time,.

Soon enough ... too soon, perhaps ... we will ALL KNOW !!!

AND ... since there is absolutely NOTHING I can do to change reality ... whatever it is ... to quote Rhett Butler ...

"Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn!"

I have a long list of REAL concerns, I CAN do something about.

..based on HARD EVIDENCE.

Remember EVIDENCE?

Evidence of what?  That 1914 is a pyramid scheme?  You know, Studies in the Scriptures; both the original and revised version. (The calculations were changed after 1914)

That the organization does not preach the authentic “good news”? You are seeking a sign?  Didn’t the Pharisees request a sign? ?   You have the scriptures. 

“Then He told the disciples: “The days are coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you won’t see it.  They will say to you, ‘Look there!’ or ‘Look here!’ Don’t follow or run after them. For as the lightning flashes from horizon to horizon and lights up the sky, so the Son of Man will be in His day.”  Luke 17:22-24

The Watchtower gives a physical manifestation as evidence of truth; yet Jesus tells us, don’t run after them.  Matt 24:1,2; 6:19; Rev 3:17-19; Luke 12:18-20; 16:2,14; Prov 13:22; 10:2

According to scripture, lightening is true knowledge coming from Christ’s message written down for us then, and within the symbolic book of Revelation.  (sent to his “servants”, the holy ones) Matt.24:27; Eze.1:14,4-5; Rev.4:8; Luke 17:24; Ps.19:4; Isa.58:1;Rev.8:6

There are genuine faithful “priests” present at the time of the end, as well as genuine fallen “priests” used by Satan to mislead each ‘holy one’.  Luke 22:31; Rev 13:11-18

This is what Revelation is about; the operation of error and a “powerful delusion” set up to deceive. 2 Thess 2:1-12  When one wakes up to this lie, one’s plight is the same plight Jesus suffered. 

“Then they will hand you over for persecution, and they will kill you. (John 16:2) You will be hated by all nations because of My name. 10 Then many will take offense, betray one another and hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 Because lawlessness will multiply, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be delivered. 14 This good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed in all the world[d] as a testimony to all nations. And then the end will come.

The faithful genuine priests are those who have suffered as their Master, Christ, for giving testimony to his name.  THEY are the authentic “witnesses” of Isa 43:10, (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17)  who are “killed” by the Beast of Rev 13:15: Rev 6:11; Rev 12:11 

Read about Revelation’s “Beasts”, one being a false prophet/harlot who directs/rides the other.  This  beast projects and “image” (the organization as “the truth”) that must be “worshiped” (given loyalty to).  In this beast, the holy ones – God’s anointed people as well as their brethren are found – “And he was permitted to wage war against the saints and to conquer them. He was also given authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation.  Rev 17:13

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Oh wait, sorry about that last one. I just looked that up again, actually it was a grandfather who designed the water distribution and drainage for the city.

Spill the beans on me and I'll cut off your water supply and make you gift-wrap your own excrement and urine, just like Rabshekah threatened the Israelites 

I’d like to propose a new topic, approaching this 1914 issue from another angle:

“If the GB were to revise their understanding of 1914 (getting rid of it) propose how they would go about presenting this information without causing a big disruption and loss of faith, to those whose faith is dependent on 1914"

39 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Witness:

What part of my post did you NOT understand?

From your response .... apparently NONE of it!

Well James, I understood all of it.  And you did say, “I have a long list of REAL concerns, I CAN do something about.

..based on HARD EVIDENCE.

Remember EVIDENCE?”

Which tells me, you would reject it all without evidence.  My intention was to show you “hard evidence” .

Is this how you came into the organization?  On hard evidence?

“AND ... since there is absolutely NOTHING I can do to change reality “

What reality are you speaking of? 

You are in control of your own spiritual reality. 

Guest J.R. Ewing
4 hours ago, Witness said:

Evidence of what?  That 1914 is a pyramid scheme?  You know, Studies in the Scriptures; both the original and revised version. (The calculations were changed after 1914)

The pyramid calculations that were given by "Bible Students" or "Witness". Are you suggesting "witnesses" are bible students now?

Guest J.R. Ewing
5 hours ago, Witness said:

The Watchtower gives a physical manifestation as evidence of truth; yet Jesus tells us, don’t run after them.  Matt 24:1,2; 6:19; Rev 3:17-19; Luke 12:18-20; 16:2,14; Prov 13:22; 10:2

And when scripture tells us to keep on the watch Matthew 24:42, and stay awake Matthew 26:41-43, and be alert. We should ignore these scriptures because some, have failed to understand scripture?

This teaching alone is a manifestation, and indicative of a False Prophet.

Be Ready for His Coming

Matthew 24:42 “Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. 43 But [af]be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be [ag]broken into. 44 For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

16 minutes ago, J.R. Ewing said:

The pyramid calculations that were given by "Bible Students" or "Witness". Are you suggesting "witnesses" are bible students now?

True "witnesses" chosen by God are outlined in Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9; John 2:19-21; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22   The majority happen to be in the Watchtower.  

Are you suggesting CT Russel and Studies in the Scriptures are not part of Watchtower's history?  

Guest J.R. Ewing
1 minute ago, Witness said:

Are you suggesting CT Russel and Studies in the Scriptures are not part of Watchtower's history?  

You do realize, changes were made in 1931 to what witnesses of today understand as their history, or are you suggesting witnesses are following the same doctrine proposed prior to 1931?