The World News Media

WHY .... doesn't Jehovah God consider warfare ... murder?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

• Views 4.5k
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus changed everything.  The law was a ' tutor' to christ.   So now we must love our neighbours as he did.  He gave his life for his friends  - we must be able to do the same.  If I love you in

Well, it doesn’t entirely fit, but the speaker yesterday drew the following contrast between knowledge and understanding: Knowledge: a tomato is a fruit Understanding: Don’t put it in a frui

I'm just glad I live in England. I hope this is far enough away from James and his house full of weapons. Hope he doesn't get his hands on missiles.  But seriously though, a country that starts a

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Arauna said:

It was a legal trial but not just and righteous.

Again ... we are talking about two ENTIRELY different things.

OF COURSE it was not a righteous trial.

OF COURSE Jesus did not get Justice.

You live in a fantasy world of fantasy expectations.

Jehovah God does not.

That is why when considering the foibles, and limitations of all secular society ... he does NOT consider warfare to be the same as first degree premeditated murder.

What I am trying to figure out is exactly WHY?

I think it is a fair statement that you need to catch up on your reading or pay attention to what I have ALREADY said, which makes your indignant comments superfluous and immaterial.

2020-02-20_122250.jpg

So, is the individual killings by a soldier, that trespasses on another persons land to take possession of it, murder ?

Surely it is premeditated killing. 

In Bible times the Israelites were told to give the enemy a chance to surrender before going in for the kill. 

But if an army of soldiers go straight in for the kill, just to take the land belonging to others, surely that is murder. Those soldiers know that they will be deliberately killing people. That is premeditated.

And, it is also racist. For an army of soldiers to deliberately steal land from another nation, that army of soldiers must think they have more right to own that land. Therefore it shows that the army of soldiers are of a mind that their race is superior and has more rights than the other nation. That has to be racism. 

James there has to be a reason you are pushing your point of view on this so much. 

It brings forth the question, are you American or are you a Christian ? 

20 hours ago, César Chávez said:

You have the same obscured view JTR has.

Wrong :))

Once again, God has "never" murdered anyone. The example you gave is about God's angels working in saving innocence.

What about much more examples when His angels did nothing for saving innocent people? Was this angel's inactivity because God didn't command action? Or angels have independent choice to decide who they will "kill" and who to "save"? 

God did not sanction the killing of Abel.

Also ..... His angel didn't save innocent Abel, as you suggested in previous comment how He done exactly that in some other events with some other people.

Some would say how God has right to give life and to take life. No one who trust God don't think how He would "kill" innocent people, but also every one expect from Him to punish evil people. What will be punishment? 

If you have problem with idea, does He with own hand execute evil or He giving order to someone else to execute evil, that is less important in final result.   

4J;

You need to go back, and carefully read what you have written.

It is ENTIRELY based on false assumptions, and on how you FEEL surely what must be the case..

Just as an interesting aside .... not related to my trying to answer the the question of "Why ... ?", is that the development of atomic energy to make an atomic bomb contributed more to medical technology, by a factor of at least 100 to 1, than the human cost of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, since 1945.

Every hospital in America, and my cardiologist, uses radioactive materials to diagnose and treat, and often cure disease of every sort.

She gets canisters of short lived radioactive material every morning from a Pharmacy that daily creates and dispenses radioactive materials, because their half-lives are so short, by late afternoon, they are expended.

4 hours ago, César Chávez said:

The point of “free will” is for humanity to exercise that choice between good and evil. Did God tell Satan to confuse the first pair? No! And because of that angelic choice, we are in the mess we are in, now.

What needs to be understood is the word” judgement”. In the OT, God had direct judgement. God has every “right” to exercise that judgement. God has every right to claim his sovereignty.

Seems, we established fact how all involved in our discussion have "free will" to act as they wish and can. Also we came to fact how God allows all what was and is in process in Universe including individual free will.

You mentioned "angelic choice" about issue on Adam and Eve, and, assume, about everything what after was on Earth. How we can read from Bible text what particular event in human life is result of:

1) God's will and wish and plan

2) "Angelic choice" (good and bad angels)

3) Human free will to act or not to act ("human choice")   

4) Coincidence and accidentally event

5) God's "judgement" 

An advanced understanding of this points (and some other) could help in answering the question of this topic, too.

9 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

4J;

You need to go back, and carefully read what you have written.

It is ENTIRELY based on false assumptions, and on how you FEEL surely what must be the case..

Just as an interesting aside .... not related to my trying to answer the the question of "Why ... ?", is that the development of atomic energy to make an atomic bomb contributed more to medical technology, by a factor of at least 100 to 1, than the human cost of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, since 1945.

Every hospital in America, and my cardiologist, uses radioactive materials to diagnose and treat, and often cure disease of every sort.

She gets canisters of short lived radioactive material every morning from a Pharmacy that daily creates and dispenses radioactive materials, because their half-lives are so short, by late afternoon, they are expended.

I re-read what i wrote and stand by it. But if you wish to disagree that is your choice. (Free will) 

(As a side note, some folks don't like the word 'wrote' so replace with had written)

As for your burblings about radioactive materials, um, trying to justify something here ? 

Great Britain was built on blood and slavery, as was America.

But being no part of this world it does not give me a guilty conscience.  I am a Christian that happens to live in England, and whilst I'm alive I have to live somewhere. 

I was also part of an Organisation that causes misery to hundreds or possibly thousands of children and adults. So I got out of that Organisation as soon as I had enough proof to satisfy myself that is wasn't all lies. 

So now I am no part of this world, and no part of that Organisation. It does leave me somewhat 'homeless' but it also gives me a clean conscience. 

Whereas you James, seem to be part of both the world and the Org. I think you call it reality ? 

The only pre-emptive war Israel participated in was the " cleansing " of the promised land.  This was an execution of a judgment bymeans of Israel upon wicked peoples who burnt their children in fire and had atrocious sexual behaviours. God promised that Abraham's children would be given this land  but their error must first come to it's full measure.

This was not murder because jehovah does not murder.  These pagans paid for their gross error.  Just like Sodom &  Gomorra - this was not murder but a judgment because it came from jehovah.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.