The World News Media

WHY .... doesn't Jehovah God consider warfare ... murder?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

30 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

There is a difference between KNOWING something ( which may be flat wrong) and UNDERSTANDING something,

Well, it doesn’t entirely fit, but the speaker yesterday drew the following contrast between knowledge and understanding:

Knowledge: a tomato is a fruit

Understanding: Don’t put it in a fruit salad.

• Views 4.5k
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus changed everything.  The law was a ' tutor' to christ.   So now we must love our neighbours as he did.  He gave his life for his friends  - we must be able to do the same.  If I love you in

Well, it doesn’t entirely fit, but the speaker yesterday drew the following contrast between knowledge and understanding: Knowledge: a tomato is a fruit Understanding: Don’t put it in a frui

I'm just glad I live in England. I hope this is far enough away from James and his house full of weapons. Hope he doesn't get his hands on missiles.  But seriously though, a country that starts a

Posted Images

Quote " Apparently you do NOT know the difference between homicide ... and murder .... and have ONLY your opinion to offer "

Apparently you do not know either. And you have only your opinion, oh yes, and your agenda. 

4 Classifications of Homicide
  • Capital Murder.
  • Manslaughter.
  • Criminally Negligent Homicide.
  • Murder.

58 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Knowledge: a tomato is a fruit

Understanding: Don’t put it in a fruit salad.

It seems how JW people don't using proper Understanding when false Knowledge is presented.  

Knowledge: End is near

Understanding: We must build new modern center for making digital spiritual food.

In this, both is questionable. The knowledge and the understanding. 

48 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

I wonder if we should look for a direct scripture that says "You must not transfuse blood from one human to another human". 

I do not wonder at all.

WE SHOULD !!!

( ... speaking as one who refused any blood or fractions during recent heart surgeries ...)

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

carefully crafted question to isolate one specific principle, from

Carefully crafted question to get the answer you have already decided upon.

You remind me of the liberation fighters in Africa who wrote doctors theses on their right to "fight" with weapons (and other means) to liberate themselves from colonial oppression. They all got degrees in theology and used the bible to justify their stance.   This means that anyone can justify their stance if they twist the teachings of Jesus. 

I firmly believe that we will be tested on this stance in future. The fact that we refuse to kill our brothers in another country or any other human (whatever the provocation) will test if we really love our neighbour.  Most religions are prepared to kill others.  If you love your life you will lose it - this was a scripture quoted last week in study.

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

wonder if we should look for a direct scripture that says "You must not transfuse blood from one human to another human

"Abstain"   from blood, fornication and what us strangled...... this means stay away.... do not touch - the same as you will not touch or bring another woman close to you   or  Acts 20:    "but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from what is strangled, and from blood."

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

are cases when killing IS ACCEPTABLE, should you

In your mind yes.  Bring me a scripture in the new testament where jesus, Paul, John , Peter or James said anything to this effect...... I dare you to find a scripture which indicates we can use a weapon against another or defend ourselves by taking a life of another!  The new testament is clear that even abusive speech is NOT acceptable - in book of Judas. 

The heart is treacherous...... why?  We follow our own independent way away from obedience to God.      

Did you mean to say "WHY .... doesn't Jehovah God NOT consider warfare .... murder?".

If so, I think it is more like ... Jehovah has placed the Nations in their relative positions, to execute judgement against wrongdoers , and protect us from Anarchy, which would be worse than even the Nazis (as the classic bad example) at their worst ... and allowed each political entity to run their affairs as they see fit ( temporarily), and it would be hypocritical to view their permitted activities, be it internal affairs, or how they treat their their external enemies, however perceived, and for whatever reason, as reprehensible to the extent of being classified as murder.

The people of the Nations are particularly nasty, and complex, and do not respond well as a general rule to reasonableness.

He has allowed it .... and specifically, so it may be as a protection for us .... AND THEM.

This is the essence, although somewhat simplistic.

I can not find any evidence that this reasonable approach is NOT Jehovah's God viewpoint.

..... AND MORE TO THE SPECIFIC POINT ...

I cannot find any evidence that Jehovah God considers warfare between secular nations ....  the same way that he considers murder.

None, whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

This means that anyone can justify their stance if they twist the teachings of Jesus. 

A friend of mine used to say that he would never trust a willing military participant in the new system, for “he has proven in this system that he will pick up a gun and blow off my head if some man tells him to.”

37 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

A friend of mine used to say that he would never trust a willing military participant in the new system, for “he has proven in this system that he will pick up a gun and blow off my head if some man tells him to.”

If he makes it into the new system, that means your friend is resisting the direct will, and trust of Jehovah God, whose Son's decision it was for that person to be there.

Besides .... the conclusion reached is based on general cluelessness.

47 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If he makes it into the new system, that means your friend is resisting the direct will, and trust of Jehovah God, whose Son's decision it was for that person to be there.

Besides .... the conclusion reached is based on general cluelessness.

I really honestly truly have no idea what you are talking about, as explained by my previous comment & only amplified since.. My bad, if you want to make it that way, but I don’t follow this at all.

Are you upset that you didn’t fight in the big war—is that it?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.